Spur of the Moment - Belize

Well, I just booked a trip to Belize for December 11-20th and was wondering if anyone here has ever been.

I land in Belize City but haven’t made any reservations anywhere in the country yet - I want to have some flexibility and get some insight first…

I plan on gettin’ some snorkeling, kayaking, cave exploration, and relaxation in.

So, fellow T-Nationites(ers)(whatever):

Ever been to Belize?

-Nate

Only in my dreams. I read a bit about Belize at work and have wanted to visit fpr a while now.

Some day.

Nice dude. I’m sure it will be awesome. Who cares about danger? I’ve been in Iraq and Afghanistan for almost two years as a contractor and everyone thought I was crazy, I’m still alive! :slight_smile: Gotta live this life!

I lived in Belize for a year in Dangriga, but had the opportunity to travel all over the country: Orange Walk, Belize City, Punta Gorda, San Ignacio, San Pedro.

Great place but I recommend you get out of Belize City as fast as possible. Travel was pretty primitive when I was there and I would highly recommend traveling by charter plane as opposed to the buses because the roads were terrible; though I’ve heard they’ve improved the road system a lot since I was there.

San Pedro is a great place to use as a base to get out to the cays which are beautiful. Great place to snorkel. If you really want to relax and do nothing, I recommend the Pelican Resort on South Water Cay. Unbelievable place.

Inland, you may want to try Mountain Pine Ridge in the Cayo district–I think you can do some cave exploration in the area. If you’re interested I can let you know more, but I don’t want to bore you to death. You are going to have a fantastic time.

I just got back from Belize two weeks ago. IT’s a great place… you’ll love it. This was my second trip to Ambergris Caye (San Pedro). My wife and I stayed at www.portofinobelize.com.

The first time I went I stayed at Corona Del Mar. C Del M was cheaper and closer to town. Portofino was more expensive, but you get what you pay for. I Had a good time either way.

Jay

Can’t say I’ve ever been there, but you aren’t trying to get out of town because you can’t get a hold of Jessica Biel?

Check http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.com/