Sprinting & Jumping to Save My Dignity

1/1/12

Happy New Year everybody! No workout today because I got home from the club at 9am, drunk as fuck. So yeah, not in a condition to workout. On a side not, scotch is an awfull like water after the third drink LOL. Hangover mode right now.

3/1/11. first workout of 2011

Did a 30min run. I run it the same as the last time, only now in the end I had only 175 BPM. Now, that is called progress! I am no marathon runner but shit, I never thought I would be able to finish a 30 minutes run at a pretty decent speed (around 8 km/h), and not be ready to die! Corticosteroids seems to actually start do their job and fixing my exercise indused asthma. After that run, I streched a lot and lifted some weights. Nothing major, just did some lat pulldowns (5 sets), 3 sets of dips (15,15,20), some curls (15 pound DB, I suck at curls), some face pulls (2 sets), 3 sets of tricep pushdowns and 2 sets of lateral raises. No idea what the weights were, nor the reps. Somewehre between 8-20. I just felt like a bodybuilder today and looked for a crazy pump, which I got. Tomorrow I am going to be sore as fuck.

5/1/11

Did:
4x30 sprints @100%
3x40 @100%
2x60 @100%, these sucked, because my strength endurance sucks. But in the second one, I understood the saying “sprinters run with their arms”, LOL.

After those, I did 6 sets of 10 of lunges with 60kg. Way too easy. I miss heavy squats and deadlifts.

I did not time the sprints, because my coach reinjured his 4(!) herniated discs while showing some kinds how to do the long jump. He has spent the last 3 days in bed, hardly being ale to walk. For someone who is 34 years old, it is just a shame.

6/1/12
48 hours after the lunges and glutes are so sore I can;t even sit right. It’s funny how weak my glutes actually are.

7/1/12
Power C&J, Power snatches and frtont squats:

Power C&J:
40kgx3
50kgx3
60kgx3
70kgx2
80kgx1
90kgx1
100kgx1
110kgxfailx4, failed it 4 times because it seems impossible to me once the weight gets somewhat heavy to drop under the bar. In all 4 of them the bar made it to my middle chest area.

Power snatches:
60kgx1
70kgx1
80kgx1
85kgx1, PR. I had about 10kg more in the tank, but since I failed 4 time in the C&J, I stopped here.

Front squats:
60kgx5
70kgx3
80kgx3
90kgx3
100kgx3
110kgx1
120kgx1
130kgx1, PR!
140kgx1, PR! Really happy with this, since I suck big donkey balls in front squats.

After those I did some calf raises for my shins splints who seems to actually start healing, some face pulls and some smith military presses. I am going to make saturday a ME lower body day.

There is an element of courage in completing power movements. You’ll get it. Nice PRs.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
There is an element of courage in completing power movements. You’ll get it. Nice PRs.[/quote]

Thanks man, I understood that the 4th time I missed 110, LOL.

9/1/12

Warmed up, did some running corrective exercises then did at maximum speed:

4x30
3x40
2x60

Seems like I have to hold my breathe for the first 20-25 meters at least in order to have maximum speed. I am going to talk abou this with my coach.

8 Broad jumps, all around 3.5 meters
8 multijumps, which basically were 8 continuous single leg broad jumps alternating legs and landing like in a jong jump.

On a side note, no time in this workout I felt discomfort in my shins. My shins splints are 90% cured. I am a happy man.

10/1/12

Skipped workout today, because I was supposed to study kinesiology for my test on Thurday, but fuck. I am just going to study tomorrow all afternoon and hoping for the best. I suck at studying when I am told I have too. Anyway, today I founf out the here you can just walk in a pharmacy WITHOUT a doctor’s prescription and just buy whatever you need for a decent steroid cycle. Deca, Dianabol and Test included. Price? A vial of 10 ml testosterone, with a concentration of 250mg/1 ml costs a whooping 2.64 euros. Cheap and easy to get high grade steroids and still I haven’t met a guy who weights more than 220 pounds and is lean.

11/1/12

Some walking on the treadmill, then I did some barbell complexes with the bar to warm up and:

Hang power clean:
40kgxsome
50kgx3
60kgx3
70kgx2
80kgx2
85kgx1, belt on
90kgx1, belt on
95kgx1, belt on
100kgx1, belt on
105kgx1, belt on, I guess a PR? Dunno, I haven’t done them in ages. It was a fairly easy clean, ptobably had 120kg, but didn’t want to really push it because afterwards I had :

Hang power snatches beltless
40kgx8
55kgx8x2
57,5x8x1

These sucked BIG TIME!!! At the end of the first set I had 175 BPM, at the second 200 BPM, and at the last one I had 210 BPM. So yeah, not fun. Also wasn’t fun that on the third rep of the final set the bar landed on top of my head. It actually didn’t hurt a bit, so I continued my set normally.

Front squats beltless
60kgx5
80kgx5
100kgx5x3, I suck at front squats so I know I got to do them. I am hoping to be able to clean 160kg by summer. Time will tell.

Then I did 8 minutes on a 15% incline, followed by 15 of stretching on a Powerplate machine and 5 minutes normal streching. Streching and massagin on a Powerplate is great, you should all try it (if you can find a trainer that actually knows what he is doing).

So do you keep the rest periods short for your power moves?

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
So do you keep the rest periods short for your power moves?[/quote]

Between the hang power cleans, about a minute. Between hang power snatches, I kept it until I got back down to 120 BPM. For the last set, tha meant around 4 minutes.

12/1/12

After I finished my classes, I did some easy stuff just to send some blodd flowing:

DB rows
34kgx20x2

DB bench press
20kgx20x2

Bicep curls
8kgx12x2

Took about 6 minutes LOL. I actually don’t miss lifting heavy on my upper body at all. Actually, I never really liked it, dunno why. I always liked training heavy my legs and do some BB stuff for my upper body.

13/1/12

Warmed up, stretched and did:

3x20 meters @100%
3x30 meters @100%
3x100 meters @70%
2x120 meters @70%
1x150 meters @70%

Finally my stomach is catching up with the training so I don;t feel like I am going to puke all the time. Also, my shins are doing good, so no complains. I gues in a couple of months they will be good as new. On a sidenote, once I got back lifting heavy, I got all my weight back. 96,2 kg this morning. Also, I am look fuller, my traps are most distinguished from my shoulder and I look extremely awesome LOL. But I don’t know what price I will to pay in my time in order to keep my BW at this level.

14/1/12

Only a few things can irritate me in life. One of them, is pretending to know it all. Yeah you stupid fucker, you know how to squat, you have been “practising” it, although you have never squatted in your life? And you come to me, to tell me that squats does not involve hip extension? Fuck off. Also, you are telling me that carbs are bad and you should take less than 100 grams per day to remain lean, while you fat fuck have 25% fat and eating chips while you are talking to me? You are telling me that a safe bench press is performed when you elbows do not drop below parallel? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON MY CLASS??? I hate fitness and those who preach it… /end rant. I am leaving for practise, update later.

14/1/12

Training sucked so much I am not going to log it. Let’s just say that my shins for my reason today were at their worst ever, and I barely did a 6.96 60m. I guess the 2 pounds of bread I ate the last 4 days didn’t help either. Today I woke up with my shins not so good, so I guess it was to be expected. Right now, I am in a dark place thinking about giving everything up and just lift stuff. No more sprinting, no more nothing. JUst lifting and eating like tomorrow the world is going to end. I’m sure tomorrow I will my mind straight again.

Hey Malaka,

Ive been looking for you!
Maybe you should take some time off to allow your shin splints to heal. Injuries suck, but sometimes you have to suck it up, rest, and let things heal.

I love sprinting and look foward to watching your progress. Are you following any programs? What kind of stretching are you doing when you say you stretch?

Uncle Bird.

tweet

[quote]theBird wrote:
Hey Malaka,

Ive been looking for you!
Maybe you should take some time off to allow your shin splints to heal. Injuries suck, but sometimes you have to suck it up, rest, and let things heal.

I love sprinting and look foward to watching your progress. Are you following any programs? What kind of stretching are you doing when you say you stretch?

Uncle Bird.

tweet[/quote]

Well, no time for that, since I have games in a month. I am just going to suck up the pain, keep training, and either I am going to be fine or I am going to break both my shins. We’ll see. I just stretch, I don’t have a routine or something but just to give you a hint, my coach today told me that I suck at stretching. After the games, I am going to just spend a couple of months just lifting heavy ass weights and dropping a crapload of BW, something like 20 pounds, so I can get actually take advantage of my strength. I can keep my stranth levels while dropping those 20 pounds, I am going to be running like bolt LOL.

16/1/12
So, the training is becoming insanely cool. Just sprinting. Now weights of course, but still, it’s awesome to sprint.
I warmed up, stretched and then did:
Some corrective running exercises, then wore my new AWESOME sprinter(!) spikes and did ( everything was all out effort):

4x10m
3x20m
2x30m
2x60m, first one was 6.80, but was loosely timed, second one was fastest and was as tightly timed as possible and got a 6.87. These times were done in -3 Celsius, so yeah. Judging by these times, I believe that a sub-7 second 60m run is within my strength. We’ll see. I hope I get it, I am going to be happy as a little kid on a candy store. On a sidenote, I learned that my ex, as soon as got diverced, after a month started dating another guy, who looks like an ass covered in shit. I don’t fucking believe it. Right now I am so fucking angry, that I am just listening to heavy metal and trying (really badly), not to call her and call her a slut and a whore. I fucking hate shit like that. So we broke up because I was away and she starts dating a dude who lives in the same city as me, WTF? Fuck her, I am calling her tomorrow, just to get my head straight first and be semi rational because at this point, I don’t know what the fuck I am going to say.

17/1/12

Warmed up, tried to do some sprints on the staris, my shins said no way. So, my coach decided to “massage” my shins, in order to show how I have to do it. I cried. Seriously, the pain was just too fucking much. It hurt more than when I dislocated my kneecap. Seriously, it was like it was pulled out of SAW. Now, I have to do this twice a day. In a week, he said my shins will be ok. I hope so, because I don’t think I can do it more than that LOL.