Spring Training

Baseball season is right around the corner. I’ll be glad to see a real sport up and running again. Who are all of you predicting to be in the world series. I’m going with Astros vs. Red Sox.

I hate the Yankees but you have to pick them to represent the American league even with the off season moves made by the Red Sox. I like the Phillies winning the national league.

I’m going to go with the Astros and Red Sox as well. I am very pumped about the Astros this year, come on opening day!

I hate the yankees too, and I’m pumped that we took Clemens and Pettitte from them. Astros and Yankees in the world series.

Cubs. Nuff’ said.

Dude, baseball a real sport?
I’ve seen more fat guys on baseball teams than almost any other sport.
I put it on a par with Golf. A skilled game, NOT a sport

real sports = football, soccer, basketball, rugby, tennis, etc.

baseball is hardly a sport, same for cricket. Not saying they aren’t fun or anything, but they can hardly compete w/ the level of athleticism in other sports. And let’s not even get started on the doping…

“And let’s not even get started on the doping…”

no, please do get started on the doping. im curious to hear your opinion.

Baseball is a sport kinda like Nascar is a sport. I’d rather watch grass grow.

I can’t wait for the season to begin. I am going for a long shot. Braves and Red Sox. One thing about the Yankees, they got Shefield, he’s a great player in the regular season, he chokes in the post season. They make it to the play offs, but he won’t help.
The real question is who will have a worse season, Tigers or Rangers. I pick the Rangers. The Tigers have picked up some good players this year. The Rangers now have only one good player.

Here we go with the “What makes a real sport?” again…sheesh…

I seriously am starting to think the T-mag off-topic forum is just the damn Matrix. Same topics die and come back over and over…and over…and over…

End of rant.

To quote Ken Caminiti, 1996 MVP:

“It’s no secret what’s going on in baseball. At least half the guys are using [steroids]. They talk about it. They joke about it with each other. … I don’t want to hurt fellow teammates or fellow friends. But I’ve got nothing to hide.”

uh ok yeah we know that…but are you in any way implying that this is exclusive to baseball?

no, i know athletes in all major sports do dope. But I do believe it is much more prevalent in baseball as compared to the other sports.

Houston and Boston in the series? Did you not see the team Baltimore put together in the off season? They are going to do well this year, although I think that Boston has a good chance.

Oh and baseball is a real sport…maybe if you would watch it and see the talent that it takes to play, you would appreciate it more.

Oh, and I really do not think that the Yankees will win the ALCS this year…I would bet on it. They will be rebuilding for a few years.

Yeah but who is pitching for Baltimore this year? They are the Texas Rangers of the AL East!

Hitting a baseball has to be one the toughest things to do in sports.

honeslty i think that is an ignorant statement. just look at the nfl, somehow these guys keep getting bigger and bigger and bigger and at the same time faster and more agile. there are running backs today that are the size of o-lineman 30 years ago. do you attribute this to poliquins I.V. drip?

honestly i could care less if an athlete dopes. all he is doing is trying to be better at his sport, and thats what we want to see. it just bothers me that people think it is more prevelant in baseball simply because a couple of lunatic ex players threw out some bogus claims.

I watch baseball, when there’s nothing else on tv. I played cricket (not quite the same thing, but you still hit a ball with a bat) and rugby my entire life. I always consider rugby my sport, and cricket was a game to be played in the offseason.

How could you hate the Yankees, what are you a communist or something?