T Nation

Spring Supplement Stack

weight: 245
1 rpm:
benchpress: 405
deadlift: 460
squat: 285

I know the squat is low…I have manned up since August to a total body workout. Squats are actually helping my deadlift numbers.

Here’s the proposed stack:
Used Monday - Friday,

Flameout: 8/day
BCAA: 16/day
Creatine: 1.5 scoops @ 2/day
Beta-7: 6/day
Multivitamins: GNC sport, 2/day
Whey Protein Shakes: 2-3/day

The spring goal:
weight: 240
benchpress: 430
deadlift: 500
squat: 350

I will post my workouts if anyone wants to critique it. It basically consists of 1.5 hour workouts 3 days per week (mon,wed,fri). Workouts have 2 major lifts (one upper/core, one lower/core) and 4 circuit type lifts for time.

leave feedback!

How are you timing the supplements?

Flameout: morning/night, after workout
BCAA: about every 4 hours
Creatine: morning/night, after workout
Beta-7: morning, lunch, night, before workout
multivitamins: morning/night, after workout
Shakes: every 3 or 4 hours and after workout

[quote]fastbat wrote:
Flameout: morning/night, after workout
BCAA: about every 4 hours
Creatine: morning/night, after workout
Beta-7: morning, lunch, night, before workout
multivitamins: morning/night, after workout
Shakes: every 3 or 4 hours and after workout[/quote]

no Flameout after workout please

I think the following ratio is better 3:5:4 or

benchpress: 300
deadlift: 500
squat: 400

Benching more than you can squat IMO is not cool.

[quote]redgladiator wrote:
I think the following ratio is better 3:5:4 or

benchpress: 300
deadlift: 500
squat: 400

Benching more than you can squat IMO is not cool.[/quote]

Like I said, I have moved away from the dominant upper body workouts. Actually my favorite lift in the gym is deadlift. To be honest, I have been squatting for about 5 weeks now and plan to continue.

My 1rpm benchpress has been 365+ for 4 years. I started deadlifting in March of this year. Anyway, how many people do you know in the general population that can even squat their body weight? let alone bench over 400…? deadlift over 500?

I can post my current and spring workout if you want.

[quote]redgladiator wrote:
fastbat wrote:
Flameout: morning/night, after workout
BCAA: about every 4 hours
Creatine: morning/night, after workout
Beta-7: morning, lunch, night, before workout
multivitamins: morning/night, after workout
Shakes: every 3 or 4 hours and after workout

no Flameout after workout please
[/quote]

why not? should it be before workout?

[quote]fastbat wrote:
redgladiator wrote:
fastbat wrote:
Flameout: morning/night, after workout
BCAA: about every 4 hours
Creatine: morning/night, after workout
Beta-7: morning, lunch, night, before workout
multivitamins: morning/night, after workout
Shakes: every 3 or 4 hours and after workout

no Flameout after workout please

why not? should it be before workout?[/quote]

His argument is likely going to be that you generally don’t want fats immediately PWO.

However, the amount of fat in Flameout isn’t enough to be a concern, so I wouldn’t think twice about taking a capsule or two after training.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
fastbat wrote:
redgladiator wrote:
fastbat wrote:
Flameout: morning/night, after workout
BCAA: about every 4 hours
Creatine: morning/night, after workout
Beta-7: morning, lunch, night, before workout
multivitamins: morning/night, after workout
Shakes: every 3 or 4 hours and after workout

no Flameout after workout please

why not? should it be before workout?

His argument is likely going to be that you generally don’t want fats immediately PWO.

However, the amount of fat in Flameout isn’t enough to be a concern, so I wouldn’t think twice about taking a capsule or two after training.[/quote]

I’ve heard the argument that the DHA isn’t properly utilized as it is burned for fuel.

how about this,

non workout days:
4 Flameout in the morning
4 Flameout at night

workout days:
4 Flameout in the morning
2 before workout
2 after workout

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
HK24719 wrote:
fastbat wrote:
redgladiator wrote:
fastbat wrote:
Flameout: morning/night, after workout
BCAA: about every 4 hours
Creatine: morning/night, after workout
Beta-7: morning, lunch, night, before workout
multivitamins: morning/night, after workout
Shakes: every 3 or 4 hours and after workout

no Flameout after workout please

why not? should it be before workout?

His argument is likely going to be that you generally don’t want fats immediately PWO.

However, the amount of fat in Flameout isn’t enough to be a concern, so I wouldn’t think twice about taking a capsule or two after training.

I’ve heard the argument that the DHA isn’t properly utilized as it is burned for fuel.

[/quote]

Well, if one wants to make that argument it wouldn’t make sense to take DHA/EPA while in a caloric deficit.

I don’t believe this is the case, however.

Don’t have it around the workout! Berardi (I believe it was him, may have been CT) highlighted how the fatty acids are oxidized for energy once you have it PW. I would save it for the meal after your PW meal.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
HK24719 wrote:
fastbat wrote:
redgladiator wrote:
fastbat wrote:
Flameout: morning/night, after workout
BCAA: about every 4 hours
Creatine: morning/night, after workout
Beta-7: morning, lunch, night, before workout
multivitamins: morning/night, after workout
Shakes: every 3 or 4 hours and after workout

no Flameout after workout please

why not? should it be before workout?

His argument is likely going to be that you generally don’t want fats immediately PWO.

However, the amount of fat in Flameout isn’t enough to be a concern, so I wouldn’t think twice about taking a capsule or two after training.

I’ve heard the argument that the DHA isn’t properly utilized as it is burned for fuel.

Well, if one wants to make that argument it wouldn’t make sense to take DHA/EPA while in a caloric deficit.

I don’t believe this is the case, however.[/quote]

You’re right, I’m not in a caloric deficit. Actually I dont count calories at all. I typically low carb through the week (as much as I can)

a little off topic…but right now is hectic for me. I am doing all I can to stay in the gym 3 days per week. PhD quals are coming up next week, classes, research…this is why I named the topic spring supplement stack. Right now I’m taking the Biotest creatine and bcaa’s.

[quote]dreads989 wrote:
Don’t have it around the workout! Berardi (I believe it was him, may have been CT) highlighted how the fatty acids are oxidized for energy once you have it PW. I would save it for the meal after your PW meal.[/quote]

ok. usually I’m getting 2 scoops of Surge w/creatine for pw meal. then about an hour after that I go for something like a pb&j sandwich. I could take the 4 Flameout then.

thanks for the suggestions!