Spring Break, Week Off from Training?

My deload week falls on spring break. I have this whole week off from work and so does my family? I’m thinking of taking this whole week off from training. I’ve been working out using 5/3/1 for 2 years and I’ve never taken a whole week off! My goal right now is to gain some weight in muscle so for the past month I have increased my calories, protein intake, and volume in the gym. I’ve gone from 195 to 199 in a month since my diet change and increased volume.

I’m use to a weekly routine and this week it’s going to be way off… Which is why I’m thinking of just loosening up and not worry about weight training or my eating schedule. Any insights, experience, or advice on how a week off might affect my weight goals or performance in the gym would be great! Thanks!

You’ll lose 50%-80% of the gains you’ve made over the last 2 years.

It’s a week man…

Enjoy the week off

Dude, people break legs then return to surpass where they previously were. You’ll be fine but you need to start becoming comfortable with the idea of not always being 100% and having to redo some hard work or your flirt with strength will be shorter than it could be.

Just watch out for herpes, that’s a lifetime of awkwardness.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
You’ll lose 50%-80% of the gains you’ve made over the last 2 years.
[/quote]

Best case scenario.

Best to wear a cup, mouth guard and carry a sword - shit is dangerous.

Enjoy your spring break.

[quote]rubenhuante wrote:

I’m use to a weekly routine and this week it’s going to be way off… Which is why I’m thinking of just loosening up and not worry about weight training or my eating schedule. Any insights, experience, or advice on how a week off might affect my weight goals or performance in the gym would be great! Thanks![/quote]

Two weeks ago I took the entire week of to visit Arizona, right in the middle of the first cycle of Boring But Strong. I came back last week and picked right up and didn’t miss a beat. Granted, I’m following the 5s Pro protocol on the core lifts, but I don’t feel any weaker and have zero stalled progress on the assistance sets of 10 x 5. I also logged over 30 miles of hiking in that week, and my conditioning never felt better.

Go and have fun, you’ll be fine, just be sure to pick back up where you left off when you return and don’t let it turn into weeks or months of a weightlifting vacation. You could even repeat the previous week that you completed before leaving, prior to jumping in to the de-load, if you’re that worried about being too out of the groove to progress to another cycle.

Make sure all of your drinks have umbrellas in them.

Thanks for the input guys and putting things into perspective! I tend to be over the top sometimes…especially when I set a new goal in something.