T Nation

Spring Break PR's!!

New here. Just wanted to post my spring break PRs. Currently weighing 155lbs and wanted to get some feedback from you guys on what you think. Have not been able to squat this week. No squat rack in local gym and car has been broken so can’t drive to my other gym that provides a squat rack -__-. My last squat PR was 300 @ 154lbs high bar (weak…i know) but give me a couple months and I plan on getting it to 350 hopefuly

455 deadlift @155

(yes…aware of bicep movement in arms, I will make sure I lockout triceps to avoid a possible bicep tear…)

230 3x5 bench @ 155

My goal is to hit 3/4/5 in b/s/d by the end of '13 if not sooner below 170lbs bodyweight

nice lifting

do you use a tripod with your phone to film?

Little bit of a hitch on that last DL. If you can get away with it, a bit of baby powder does wonders for hands sticking to the thighs. Just my 2 cents.

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
nice lifting

do you use a tripod with your phone to film?[/quote]
Thanks and no I just put my phone against my shaker cup lol

[quote]MrTorres wrote:
Little bit of a hitch on that last DL. If you can get away with it, a bit of baby powder does wonders for hands sticking to the thighs. Just my 2 cents.[/quote]
Yeah I know I hitched. This was a 30lb PR I was just too excited to get. I hate a 1k surplus the night before and I almost felt like letting that bar go but it was a goal I didn’t want to lose.
And baby powder? Interesting that’s the first I’ve heard of that hehe. I’ll be buying some chalk online soon

Nice lifts you got there man! Very strong for your weight. Whats your training look like?

[quote]Strive4Strength wrote:

[quote]MrTorres wrote:
Little bit of a hitch on that last DL. If you can get away with it, a bit of baby powder does wonders for hands sticking to the thighs. Just my 2 cents.[/quote]
Yeah I know I hitched. This was a 30lb PR I was just too excited to get. I hate a 1k surplus the night before and I almost felt like letting that bar go but it was a goal I didn’t want to lose.
And baby powder? Interesting that’s the first I’ve heard of that hehe. I’ll be buying some chalk online soon[/quote]

Yeah, you’ll see it used in meets mostly. I put a little on my thighs on PR attempts for a smoother lockout.
If you put a little bit where your hands rub against your leg when you DL you’ll see what I mean. It just reduses the friction.

Strong lifts. I think you spent too much time geeking yourself up for the last pull. Way to commit to it though.

What island are you on? I’ve traveled there a few times and never found a decent gym.

[quote]jtownlax wrote:
Nice lifts you got there man! Very strong for your weight. Whats your training look like?[/quote]
Thanks! currently on a modified Upper/Lower. Really considering Madcows though…

[quote]MrTorres wrote:

[quote]Strive4Strength wrote:

[quote]MrTorres wrote:
And baby powder? Interesting that’s the first I’ve heard of that hehe. I’ll be buying some chalk online soon[/quote]

Yeah, you’ll see it used in meets mostly. I put a little on my thighs on PR attempts for a smoother lockout.
If you put a little bit where your hands rub against your leg when you DL you’ll see what I mean. It just reduses the friction.[/quote]
Will look into it’s the first I’ve heard haha

[quote]frankjl wrote:
Strong lifts. I think you spent too much time geeking yourself up for the last pull. Way to commit to it though.

What island are you on? I’ve traveled there a few times and never found a decent gym.[/quote]
Thanks man. Yeah I was honestly slightly hesitant on that first hip lunge…felt like something was off so I continued on. Wish I just went straight for it.

Also I’m on Oahu, and I agree most of the gyms suck I heard of a powerlifting one down in Honolulu but it’s too far of a commute from where I live and the hours are pretty bad imo. I am fortunate enough to be a military depended so I just go to the military gyms for free lol