T Nation

Spreading Out Leg Day?

My training days look like this
Day 1 Chest/Bi
Day 2 Back/Tri
Day 3 Shoulders
Day 4 Legs
Day 5 Off

I cant stack shoulders and legs in the same day cuz Ill be in the gym for over 2 hrs and I dont have the time for that…

What I was thinking is adding a leg muscle for ever day, so my routine would look like…

Day 1 Chest/Bi/Calves
Day 2 Back/Tri/Hamstrings
Day 3 Shoulders/Quads
Day 4 Off

Just wondering if there is anything wrong with this routine? I figure each muscle is its own exercise so there should be anything wrong with it…

Any input is appreciated.

Looks fine.

But it depends on what you do for back and quad training. If you do deadlifts or a variation on your back day than you may run into some trouble if you squat for quads.

A good plan would be to do front squats, as they hit the quads better with less glute/ham involvement instead of back squats.

On the back/hamstring day you may want to rotate between conventional deadlifts and romanian deadlifts week to week.

If you want more advice you need to give more details. Which muscles you work isnt nearly as important as which exercises are selected in realtion to each other.

Thanks for the advice dude!

I mean as far as exercises go Ill just plan on doing exactly what you put up there, front squats and switching my deadlifts…Ill probably throw some leg press and lunges in there too

[quote]TheTotalPackage wrote:
My training days look like this
Day 1 Chest/Bi
Day 2 Back/Tri
Day 3 Shoulders
Day 4 Legs
Day 5 Off

I cant stack shoulders and legs in the same day cuz Ill be in the gym for over 2 hrs and I dont have the time for that…

What I was thinking is adding a leg muscle for ever day, so my routine would look like…

Day 1 Chest/Bi/Calves
Day 2 Back/Tri/Hamstrings
Day 3 Shoulders/Quads
Day 4 Off

Just wondering if there is anything wrong with this routine? I figure each muscle is its own exercise so there should be anything wrong with it…

Any input is appreciated.[/quote]
Day 1. Chest/Bis
Day 2. Hams/Calves/abs
Day 3. off
Day 4. Back/shoulders< Rack pulls instead of conventional deads to save your legs for day 5
Day 5. Quads
Day 6. Off or repeat
Works well for me