Spotting a T-Nationer

I can’t wait until this deployment is over and I can go back to my YMCA and lift. I love it there, no gym rats, just old people. When I used to lift there were only 3 of us in the weight room!!! Everyone else was in a seperate room where all the cardio and machines are!!! I loved it. So maybe when i get back i will find another T-Nater there. We will see if anyone does 10X3, deads, or squats!!! =*)
Dastang

Bring that ass to the ground in my gym Karma and you’ll be getting looks but they won’t be odd…they’ll be haard.

Anyway my gym has it’s fair share of the typical benchpress/curls for the girls addicts but probably alot more well rounded lifters then you are all mentioning. Then again there’s ALOT of juice flowing there to.

[quote]BFG wrote:
Here’s the weird part: each and every time I looked at him, he looked straight back at me in the EXACT same way.

rainjack wrote:
I think those are called mirrors. But I could be wrong.[/quote]

A handsome, striking young fella he is, might I add. :wink:

Bastard (someone Figured it out) Guy

My gym might be a little differnt. It has zero atmosphere, but since it is a military gym at least half the people are trying to get better at something, so that makes it better than any gym I have lifted at. As far as T-Nationers it is hard to say; some of the marines look hardcore (weighted chins ect), but only a few people squat, so its hard to tell. But there are about 3 or 4 women who dead and squat(including my training partner), so thats cool. And some pretty scary japanese lifters.
Will42

Hey, new T-Nationer right here, long time lurker though.
My gym
-never seen a deadlift
-only see squats in smith machine, wait those were calf raises
-kids with basketballs!!!

the only ones at my gym are me and my brother

My gym is in my basement. A neighbor wanted to come over and workout with me. I said ok. He had all kinds of advice from his brother-in-law trainer. And I would counter with all the knowledge I have gained from the Nation. Needless to say we doesnt lift in my basement anymore. My style was too hardcore.

I know for sure there is at least one other person at my gym other than me that is a T-Nation reader. How I know is that he was wearing the Testosterone shirt one day and I was curious so I did a search on the internet and found the sight. Every time I see him in the gym, he’s always with about three other huge guys. I’m sure they also frequent T-Nation. Other than me, and that group of guys, I seriously doubt anyone else is a T-Nationer.

-CJ

I lift bags of rocks in my basement, tied to a metal pole I found in my garage.

Doesnt get much more h-core.

[quote]prophetman wrote:

[/quote]

It does if you put kittens in with those rocks - MST training, better than a partially filled keg!

[quote]prophetman wrote:

[/quote]

I have a cow in the backyard.

I squatted the cow 20x every day for the past 5 years. My father named me Hercules.

…ya then I woke up.

sigh

Tere’s a few around my gym. Kevin is one forsure 'cause he posts all the time. My question is, “are any of us striving to change the numbers?” I tell every kid/guy that I talk to at the gym about this site. This guy asked me the other day how I made my gains. I told him he needs to get his diet in order and I sent him here.

I haven’t verified any T-Nationer sightings at my gym, but I wish there were more. The other day, there was a guy doing Squat Rack curls, with nothing but the bar: 45 lbs. I fuckin’ kid you not!

Today at the gym I got some weird looks: I cut my shin deadlifting, and blood was running down my leg. That got some stares; I was glad they didn’t kick me out!

Jeff

There are probably a few at my gym. We have several REALLY huge guys.

This guy in the locker room today was enormous and had just finished cutting down for a competition. Of course, before his workout he pulled out a pill box and popped one or two. His friend asked him what he was taking and he said “d-bol.” The friend laughed a bit and they went to do their workout. Of course judging from the workout they probably don’t know about T-Nation.

There are a few guys I’m convinced post here. Like the guy that asked how many sets of deads I was doing and I said “10 sets of 4” and he just replied “oh, nice! I do 10x3 sometimes.” Sweeeet.

Can’t say that there is any in my gym. But I guess you also need to look up from the leg sled and squat rack from time to time to really notice other people.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Mr. Bear wrote:
I have never seen one person in the gym I work out at that has heard of T-Nation…or squats.

Same here.

My gym is full of 30 something…usually hot young mothers in the suburbs. Some do squat though.[/quote]

Ditto.
Whenever I did deads some or the other guy used to come over and ask me whether its some kind os standing situp to reduce ur waistline.

:frowning:
Sigh

[quote]Jeff Parsons wrote:

Today at the gym I got some weird looks: I cut my shin deadlifting, and blood was running down my leg. That got some stares; I was glad they didn’t kick me out!

Jeff[/quote]

This happened to my husband yesterday. He made a bandaid out of a coffee filter and some duct tape…and continued his workout.

[quote]gojira wrote:
Jeff Parsons wrote:

Jeff

This happened to my husband yesterday. He made a bandaid out of a coffee filter and some duct tape…and continued his workout.[/quote]

Ha! Nice to know what will work in a pinch…

I dont know if I am a T-Man myself.

What are the criteria? Knowledge, dedication and perseverance? If so, I am on my way to being a T-man.

There is one trainer and my training buddy at the gym that could be T-Men.

The trainer is about 5 foot 6 and about 190 pounds. He is the only one that does deads and squats apart from me. He also has good understanding how to train people based on their starting point.

My training buddy has been in the iron game for 25 years. He is 5 foot 6 about 180 pounds and was 200 at his heaviest. He stopped squatting and deadlifting due to an abdominal tear but has a killer physique anyways.

[quote]gojira wrote:
Jeff Parsons wrote:

Jeff

This happened to my husband yesterday. He made a bandaid out of a coffee filter and some duct tape…and continued his workout.[/quote]

That’s awesome!