Spot Reduction May be Possible

From one of Paul Chek’s recent articles:

“For the fat on the back of your arms, herbal products such as licorice root, ginseng (which is most effective when taken 45 minutes before a meal), and rhodiola rosea might be prescribed. For the fat stored around the lower back, a supplement of guggul, coleus root and bladderwrack algae could be recommended; as it contains iodine which will strengthen the thyroid gland. For the fat stored around the shoulder blades and hips, corosolic acid, alpha lipoic acid and fish oils may be prescribed to control insulin. For fat storage on the thighs, indole-3-carbinol may be recommended.”

Oral supplements of natural products that directly target fat on areas of one’s body? I’d like to know how thats possible.

But on an actual note, lactic acid buildup training (or something of the sort, I think the Meltdown training article may be the explanation necessary), is supposed to be a form of spot reduction due to the effects in the targeted area.

Someone’s going to have to correct me on this, as all I know is that it doesn’t seem right that the fat on the back of someone’s arms is better targeted by a supplement than training…

Edit: Actually did some research on those… and looks like guggles and coleus (forskolin), are already present in a couple Biotest products… but although its true certain receptor sites are affected differently (HOT-ROX boasts that it helps fat reduction around the midsection due to the large amount of receptor sites in the area), it seems like thats just a recommendation to take herbal products to obtain a very specific result, when in fact it should be a blanket, general fat loss statement.

Chek is full of earthy smelling shit.

Never heard of Paul Chek. So I did a search:

http://www.paulchek.com/meetpaul_resume.asp

I think Chek is using spot reduction pretty loosely here. Particularly with the fat around the lower back controlled by insulin. People who eat right and work their ass off in the gym don’t worry about spot reduction because they look good all over.

ok it was hips instead of lower back.

Is this similar to bio signature modulation from Poliquin?

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
Never heard of Paul Chek. So I did a search:

http://www.paulchek.com/meetpaul_resume.asp

[/quote]

Was there something specifically you were trying to point out? I think most people on this site know who Paul Chek is.

Do a search on a product called Targex. It contains the licorice.

There was a study done showing that, if combined with a transdermal carrier, the licorice root will spot reduce.

I tried the Targex, and my company used to sell it, but it never delivered on its promises, and we stopped carrying it.

[quote]stockzy wrote:
Is this similar to bio signature modulation from Poliquin?[/quote]

Yeah, it sounds strikingly similar to Poliquin’s Biosignature Modulation.

[quote]Jason32 wrote:
stockzy wrote:

Yeah, it sounds strikingly similar to Poliquin’s Biosignature Modulation.[/quote]

Totally biosigniture modulation. In Poliquin’s recent interview he mentions something similar metabolic typing. These guys seem disagree on strenght and power training, but their nurition advice seems almost the same.

[quote]DeadOnArrival wrote:
Jason32 wrote:
stockzy wrote:

Totally biosigniture modulation. In Poliquin’s recent interview he mentions something similar metabolic typing. These guys seem disagree on strenght and power training, but their nurition advice seems almost the same.[/quote]

Why are you pulling up CHEKonIt’s old threads?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
DeadOnArrival wrote:
Jason32 wrote:
stockzy wrote:

Totally biosigniture modulation. In Poliquin’s recent interview he mentions something similar metabolic typing. These guys seem disagree on strenght and power training, but their nurition advice seems almost the same.

[/quote]

Maybe the CHEKies are out recruiting for more cult members, er, “clients” for the new year…

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
DeadOnArrival wrote:
Jason32 wrote:
stockzy wrote:

[/quote]

I just found them. I\m interested in these discussions. I havent really been on these forums much. I usually just read the articles. Thought I’d become present.

[quote]DeadOnArrival wrote:
Jason32 wrote:
stockzy wrote:

Totally biosigniture modulation. In Poliquin’s recent interview he mentions something similar metabolic typing. These guys seem disagree on strenght and power training, but their nurition advice seems almost the same.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.
http://charlespoliquin.com/members/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=40

Do a search on a “supplement” called Helios.