T Nation

Sports Nutrtion Question

hey guys wassup i just have a couple of questions.

1.can anyone give me a guidline on what athletes eat(ive been eating terribly the past couple of weeks)

2.if it is possible can someone give me a layout on what you eat.(for ex at 6 am, 10 am, 12 pm etc)

thanks in advance

"I’ll take ‘The Search function’ for $400, Alex.

“Ok, for $400. The OP totally ignored in his search for answers.”

“What is the search function?”

“And that is correct, for $400.”

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
"I’ll take ‘The Search function’ for $400, Alex.

“Ok, for $400. The OP totally ignored in his search for answers.”

“What is the search function?”

“And that is correct, for $400.”[/quote]

actually i have looked around for quite a while now but i dont see any specfic meal plans throughtout the day. im not the type of person to post without searching first.

Its very dependent what kind of athlete are you, what are your goals. A 110lb gymnast is going to have a HUGE difference in diet and goals to a 300lb Defensive lineman, Or SHW BBer or PLer. The latter would prob eat the former for a mid day snack etc etc.

Phill;

ok then, then how about for a 195 basketball player thats 15 percent bodyfat and trying to slim down?

[quote]flopindisguise wrote:
ok then, then how about for a 195 basketball player thats 15 percent bodyfat and trying to slim down?[/quote]

Very GENERAL guidelines for athletes:

The old 40 percent carbs, 30 percent protein, 30 percent fats

Try to maintain this ratio at every meal.

Approximately 1 gram of protein per pound of body fat a day

5 to 6 meals a day

Avoid carbs that come out of a box

Simply following this kind of plan, assuming you’re playing/working out every day, should slim you down.

Best thing I ever did to maintain perpetual control of my body fat levels? Every night, for dinner, shitload of steamed vegetables drenched with olive oil, with a side dish of meat. Day in, day out.

[quote]flopindisguise wrote:
hey guys wassup i just have a couple of questions.

1.can anyone give me a guidline on what athletes eat(ive been eating terribly the past couple of weeks)

2.if it is possible can someone give me a layout on what you eat.(for ex at 6 am, 10 am, 12 pm etc)

thanks in advance[/quote]

Over the years what I have found to work best for me is cycling my carbs intake dependent on what I plan on doing in the gym that day. On a day that I know I will be very active I will load up on carbs stopping usually around 3pm
on a day when I know I will be sedentary for the most part. I will cut out my carb very early on during the day and restrict the amount I take in.

This was my day yesterday. I knew I would be lifting heavy compound movements. I did heavy compound movement :front squats, deadlifts and walking lunges. this is how i ate yesterday.

4:30 am protein shake
7 am bowl of oatmeal 12 egg whites
10 am chicken breast brown rice
12 pm orange roughy brown rice.
3 pm Lamb sweet potatoes
5:30 protein shake while at the gym
7 pm another protein shake with carbs
9 pm orange roughy with vegetables
11:30pm protein shake

Today I will be going light today with shoulders/back…basically standng military press with chins/pull ups and rows

I will follow the same meal plan as above but my carbs stopped at 12pm also …so I will still have the chicken breast, orange roughy, lamb etc without the carbs…

This is what worked for me. Although your body might handle this differently the point is to give you a general guide line to start off with.

[quote]TC wrote:
[/quote]

I think you mean 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight per day. So the OP would need 195 grams of protein spread out through the day.

[quote]half-life wrote:
TC wrote:

I think you mean 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight per day. So the OP would need 195 grams of protein spread out through the day.[/quote]

oh ok thanks guys, any other suggestions?