Sports Anchor Meltdown

“…and boom goes the dynamite.”

wow, PGA finally posted something funny! Nice post.

Doooood, this is seriously funny!!!

poor fella.

Bieng an amature journalist, I feel sorry for that guy.

That was painful to watch.

that is horrible. what if that happened to you?

I almost had to stop, that hurt so bad.

[quote]smallmike wrote:
that is horrible. what if that happened to you?[/quote]

PGA would probably post the clip on T-Nation, and my horrid embarrassment would be further escalated.

Then again, if I sucked that bad at talking on camera, I wouldn’t choose Broadcast Journalism as my career path.

Could he not see the tele-prompter or what?

I don’t make a living hustling billiards at the pool hall.

Ya know why?

Because I SUCK AT IT!

Is this guy a fish-out-of-water or what?

Um - ouch.

Finally, someone worse than G.W.B at reading a teleprompter.

Hmmm…he seemed a bit nervous.

Would this count as public speaking? I mean, you’re speaking to a camera, but ultimately a large group of people.

I ask, because public speaking is one of the greatest fears in humans.

Ouch, that hurt.

interesting story… this was at ball state, the same university dave letterman attended. i was watching letterman when he invited the guy on the show when this clip was first popular… and then they showed clips of other sportscasters saying “boom goes the dynamite”. evidently it had caught on, although i haven’t heard it since.

That poor kid. I remember when that was first rolling around. Its like they just pushed him out there with nothing on his first time in front of the camera.

Nerves.

Its like that one with the nervous kid who pukes in mid-conversation with a morning news host. I think he was discussing a film fest or project.

[quote]Billmelater138 wrote:
interesting story… this was at ball state, the same university dave letterman attended. i was watching letterman when he invited the guy on the show when this clip was first popular… and then they showed clips of other sportscasters saying “boom goes the dynamite”. evidently it had caught on, although i haven’t heard it since.[/quote]

I started out in college as a broadcasting major and was on the radio for two years. The first time you step into the studio to read the news/sports/whatever on the air, you are all alone in a room. However, you are still very much aware that you are on the public airwaves and are nervous. Perhaps it was this guy’s first time in a real broadcast.

So did this guy have similar trouble when talking to Letterman or had he made some adjustment?

I was expecting a bigger explosion .

but hes stil worthy of the:

He sucks , He sucks , He sucks , He sucks & BOOM!!! award.