T Nation

Sportcenter's Expose On Steroids??

I have been trying to watch Sportscenter’s week long expose on steroid abuse, and was just wondering if anyone saw the one today with the former heavyweight boxer(forgot his name).

Well he claimed steroids led to a blood clot in his legs, which caused them to be amputated. Just wondering if any of u guys have caught it and if so what your impressions were. i for one think the expose is mildy amusing, but heavily biased.

bootsie

Not I…I think it is a complete travesty. That is my rant on it I cannot even futher elaborate, it would just get me too riled up and since I am on deca, just like that guy, if I get to riled up I might have to go inject some more and possibly cause a blood clot.
DA

I wouldn’t watch it becuase of previous articles by the news media. They haven’t a clue about what they are talking about. I would just get frusterated. Everybody with any sense knows there are many, many athelets on the juice. If you want to level the playing field, make them all take steriods.

I’m surprised Sporkcenter hasn’t blamed steroids for war, famine, pestilence, global warming, terrorism, gridlock and bad reality shows.

All the media is interested in is presenting “shock” stories. One steroid user injected crap in his leg or used a non-sterile syringe and managed to get his legs infected, then amputated. One. One out of hundred of thousands. Who do they show? That one, of course.

Giving an objective report to the public would bore the viewers and they’d tank in the ratings. So let’s show sensationalist rantings and keep those idiot eyeballs glued to the TV.

[quote]pookie wrote:
I’m surprised Sporkcenter hasn’t blamed steroids for war, famine, pestilence, global warming, terrorism, gridlock and bad reality shows.

All the media is interested in is presenting “shock” stories. One steroid user injected crap in his leg or used a non-sterile syringe and managed to get his legs infected, then amputated. One. One out of hundred of thousands. Who do they show? That one, of course.

Giving an objective report to the public would bore the viewers and they’d tank in the ratings. So let’s show sensationalist rantings and keep those idiot eyeballs glued to the TV.
[/quote]

Funny But very true

It’s true. I’m a journalism major up at Michigan State University and we are basically encouraged to find the “shock” value in every story imaginable. I’m pretty sure this is the case at most big schools because in today’s day and age, shock sells, whether it be news, movies, etc. Journalism should be about hitting a story from multiple angles, showing both the positives and negatives, but with steroids its always just the negatives we hear about. Steroids have become a staple in American society of “bad.” The sad thing is, the American public has no clue that most of their favorite athletes (unless your favorite athletes play sports where muscle mass is not a factor) are juicing or have juiced at some point in their careers.