Spontaneity

I don’t know if there’s other people out there like this but this is who I am. I can’t stand follow directions or instructions. In my classes, if we get a project with distinct directions, I will find my own way to do what needs to be done. I can’t stand doing the same thing 2 days in a row. I hate having plans more than a day in advance. Just right now I got sick of following my schedule for homework and said “fuck it, let’s see what music I got.” Now I’m listening to some kickass Rush and Def Leppard rocking out.

If I had a car, I would drive away from my house. I don’t like seeing the same boring, lazy, annoying faces at school day after day. There’s only 2 kids out of my scores of friends who I even like and that’s because they are willing to just say this is bullshit and walk out. Every other teenager is like “let’s smoke weed because that’s the cool thing that people do.” Why can’t people in today’s fucking society just figure things out on there own for once. Everything in this world is told to us.

I wish I was born 20-30-40-50 years ago so I could see these progressions and live through great music and great people. There are no great people like that any more. No one just wants to enjoy life. Everyone hates everyone, and everyone is so cynical and caniving. I’m sick of this generations shit. What happened to all the down to earth people. I’ve meet maybe 5 in my whole life, and one of which is my sister. I’d rather chill with her any day than go to these gay ass parties I go to now where we do the same shit week after week. What happened to energy and excitement? What happened to all that karism that people of the 70’s and 80’s had.

Why do we have all these pussy people that are lazy and have no drive, no purpos in life? I just wish there was a way for me to pack up and do all the things I want to do. JB is my hero and I want to do what he does for a living. I want to meet all those new and exciting people and get to do something I’m interested in. I love nutrition, I love biology, I love chemistry, I love training and knowing why shit works. No people my age give a shit, they just listen to what they here.

The other day on the news there was a segment about how to get fucking SLEEP! Why? Do people not have any common sense? I’m sick and tired of this SHIT!

WOWOWOOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW.

I just want ot SCREAMMMMMMMMM.

End of rant.

[quote]BlakedaMan wrote:

I can’t stand follow directions or instructions…

…JB is my hero and I want to do what he does for a living. I want to meet all those new and exciting people and get to do something I’m interested in. I love nutrition, I love biology, I love chemistry, I love training and knowing why shit works.
[/quote]

I’m sure JB never sat in classes for days on end, paying attention. I’m sure he never followed directions at all.

[quote]
I can’t stand doing the same thing 2 days in a row. I hate having plans more than a day in advance. Just right now I got sick of following my schedule for homework and said “fuck it, let’s see what music I got.” [/quote]

Again, I’m sure JB got where he is today by not making plans or following schedules.

[quote]
Now I’m listening to some kickass Rush and Def Leppard rocking out.[/quote]

You just called Def Leppard “kickass.”

Q: What has 9 arms and sucks?
A: Def Leppard!

What in the fuck? You have friends you don’t like?

[quote]
I wish I was born 20-30-40-50 years ago so I could see these progressions and live through great music and great people. There are no great people like that any more. No one just wants to enjoy life. Everyone hates everyone, and everyone is so cynical and caniving. I’m sick of this generations shit. What happened to all the down to earth people.

I’ve meet maybe 5 in my whole life, and one of which is my sister. I’d rather chill with her any day than go to these gay ass parties I go to now where we do the same shit week after week. What happened to energy and excitement? What happened to all that karism that people of the 70’s and 80’s had.[/quote]

Go rent Dazed and Confused. You’ll hear this same whiney rant.

As far as preferring to hang out with your sister, there could be issues there.

Yeah I know what you mean man. I’m kinda like that too. I need constant change/ challenges to keep me occupied or else i just get bored and stop caring about anything.
People these days are definetly lacking in competence and values however there really isnt much you can do about it. I’d say just stick with your real friends, try out some different clubs or sports in your area to keep you busy and maybe meet some new people. Try finding something you really like and just stick to it. And although school is still important there are other ways to go about being successful in life.

[quote]doogie wrote:
BlakedaMan wrote:

I can’t stand follow directions or instructions…

…JB is my hero and I want to do what he does for a living. I want to meet all those new and exciting people and get to do something I’m interested in. I love nutrition, I love biology, I love chemistry, I love training and knowing why shit works.

I’m sure JB never sat in classes for days on end, paying attention. I’m sure he never followed directions at all.

I can’t stand doing the same thing 2 days in a row. I hate having plans more than a day in advance. Just right now I got sick of following my schedule for homework and said “fuck it, let’s see what music I got.”

Again, I’m sure JB got where he is today by not making plans or following schedules.

Now I’m listening to some kickass Rush and Def Leppard rocking out.

You just called Def Leppard “kickass.”

Q: What has 9 arms and sucks?
A: Def Leppard!

There’s only 2 kids out of my scores of friends who I even like…

What in the fuck? You have friends you don’t like?

I wish I was born 20-30-40-50 years ago so I could see these progressions and live through great music and great people. There are no great people like that any more. No one just wants to enjoy life. Everyone hates everyone, and everyone is so cynical and caniving. I’m sick of this generations shit. What happened to all the down to earth people.

I’ve meet maybe 5 in my whole life, and one of which is my sister. I’d rather chill with her any day than go to these gay ass parties I go to now where we do the same shit week after week. What happened to energy and excitement? What happened to all that karism that people of the 70’s and 80’s had.

Go rent Dazed and Confused. You’ll hear this same whiney rant.

As far as preferring to hang out with your sister, there could be issues there.

[/quote]

Hahaha yeah well for that I could sit through class and pay attention because that’s the kind of thing I LOVE.

And Def Leppard kicks ass. (Half way.)

[quote]BlakedaMan wrote:
I don’t know if there’s other people out there like this but this is who I am. I can’t stand follow directions or instructions.[/quote]

And I’m automatically left thinking of the other thread you started, and the number of people that have left you advice about how to not get your head kicked in. This doesn’t bode well, does it?

[quote]Why can’t people in today’s fucking society just figure things out on there own for once. Everything in this world is told to us.

I wish I was born 20-30-40-50 years ago so I could see these progressions and live through great music and great people. There are no great people like that any more.[/quote]

If you ever take to studying history, you’ll quickly discover that the best time to live is now. It’s never been better than this. In many cases, it’s been considerably worse.

Only gay men I know are a couple. One of 'em is 6’2", 260 lbs, and used to work in military intelligence. Since then he’s run a couple book stores, worked as an assistant to a neurosurgeon helping with medical research to earn money while pursuing his psyche degree, and after deciding he hated psyche, ended up becoming a baker. The other is a damned fine chef.

The way you use “gay” in a sentence – it doesn’t seem to mean what you seem to think it means, son.

Don’t fall for the hype. The 70’s may have been North America’s most embarassing decade… with the possible exception of the 80’s. Poorly dressed disco douchebags were replaced by freakishly dressed self-obsessed douchebags.

[quote]The other day on the news there was a segment about how to get fucking SLEEP! Why? Do people not have any common sense? I’m sick and tired of this SHIT!

WOWOWOOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW.

I just want ot SCREAMMMMMMMMM.

End of rant.[/quote]

Do you know a guy named Tim Phoenix, by any chance?

[quote]BlakedaMan wrote:
Hahaha yeah well for that I could sit through class and pay attention because that’s the kind of thing I LOVE.

And Def Leppard kicks ass. (Half way.)[/quote]

I’m going to tell you something that probably sounds absurd: You’re going to have to take classes you don’t love in order to take classes you do. If you want a college degree, this is inevitable.

You have but two options:

A. Take the classes you hate and hate them.
B. Take the classes you hate and try to at least like them.

These two options should seem obvious, but I think many people forget the second completely.

[quote]magnetnerd wrote:
I’m going to tell you something that probably sounds absurd: You’re going to have to take classes you don’t love in order to take classes you do. If you want a college degree, this is inevitable.

You have but two options:

A. Take the classes you hate and hate them.
B. Take the classes you hate and try to at least like them.

These two options should seem obvious, but I think many people forget the second completely.[/quote]

Well written. I used to think that the whole “Core Curriculum” was a bunch of money-grubbing crap, until I thought about it. An educated person with a degree would look pretty stupid if they didn’t know anything about history,how to do basic math, or anything about grammar. It ALWAYS pays to know more.

There is nothing wrong with spontaneity, but if you don’t develop the ability to enforce discipline on yourself, you’ll regret it.

[quote]Northcott wrote:

If you ever take to studying history, you’ll quickly discover that the best time to live is now. It’s never been better than this. In many cases, it’s been considerably worse.
[/quote]

Damn, were we seperated at birth? I’ve told I don’t know how many people this over the years when they start in with their “back then was better because…” bullshit.

I think Billy Joel said it best:

You can get just so much from a good thing
You can linger too long in your dreams
Say goodbye to the oldies but goodies
Cause the good old days weren’t always good,
Tomorrow ain’t as bad as it seems

–Keepin’ the Faith