T Nation

Splitting Dose w/Pre-Filled Syringes

Hi everybody,

I am male, 54 yrs old, been on HRT for 3 yrs now.

Living in Germany, doc can prescribe vials or pre-filled syringes, each containing 250mg Testo-enanthate (cypionate is not used here, don t know why).

Of course I don t want to inject the whole 250mg every 14 days (which is still the predominant opinion here). So, from the beginning of my HRT, I went for 1 inject/week.

I use half of the syringe. Working fast and clean, I then put the rubber piece up again and seal the package with an adhesive band. This has worked very well since, no problems.

Being curious, I would like to hear how you handle your stuff. Are there vials with 125mg available or do you discard the rest? (which In can t, since the prescription is 1 syringe for 14 days).

By the way, great forum! Greetings from Germany!

I’m kinda new too. You can’t just purchase more syringes? Is the one they give a one piece or 2 piece? I would think you could get something online. I’d wouldn’t inject with that big syringe at all. Wonder why u Couldn’t get smaller syringes, that are 2 piece, take the needle off, inject the amount u want to inject yourself with into the smaller syringe, put the needle back on, get your air bubble out, and inject yourself… Never heard of anyone doing this, but new to the discussion, so I’ll just wait for someone to call me a fool. Just found your predicament interesting. I wouldn’t be reusing that needle though.

Ok, that was crazy talk if your doc will give u a vial, I wouldnt get the pre filled syringe. U just gotta get ahold of needles/syringes and inject more frequently. Everything I hear suggest that would be better. I’m doing SC shots.

Most here are getting 10mg multi dose vials.

I have no idea what you are referring to with a ‘rubber piece’.

Read the protocol for injections sticky and advice for new guys. Most collected knowledge is there.

Do you mean to say that you perform two injections with the same needle? No matter what precautions you’re taking, there’s absolutely no way to keep that sterile; at the very least, you’re auto-inoculating yourself with a 7-day old culture from your own tissue, however small it may be.

It’s very unfortunate that you don’t have a convenient dosage option for weekly or more frequent injections. What is your accessibility to insulin syringes like? If you’re careful, you could back-fill several insulin syringes with the contents of the single horse dose, and then use the 29-31ga insulin needles to perform your regular injections. This isn’t the preferred method, either, but I’d vote carefully back-filled insulin syringes as being significantly more hygienic and significantly less prone to problems than reusing the same needle.

I load my insulin syringe (29g .5 1ml) to 39iu
I inject @12.5 per day IM in the delt.
After I inject, I swab the needle with a sterile alcohol pad and put the
cap back on the syringe. I get three uses out of the same syringe.

I think I’ve read others (KSman) using a single syringe with this method up
to 5 times.

Thankyou for the replies!

Well, obviously it´s another part of the world :wink: - meaning, in Germany you get from your doc NO multidose vials ever… they are only to be used by the staff in clinics etc.

I know these vials from former purchases before my HRT. They work well, so it´s clear to me you have no issues with dosing at all.

But over here you can only choose between the glass vial or the pre-filled syringe (you may google this one).

Both contain 250 mg, and that is why you have to think about how to split these into two injections, if you don´t want to go for the standard scheme 250mg / every 2 weeks.

@nyrin: of course I use a new needle for each injection. I´m doing this for over 3 yrs now, and I am pretty much interested in living healthy for some more time.

Wish you a happy X-mas, by the way!

About reusing needles: You can swab your skin, but it is never sterile. For those with a good immune system, the effect of a new needle VS one that was used, swabbed and stored is insignificant. Note that your immune system is doing battle at your skin barrier all of the time, business as usual. Can you get an infection or inflammation from reusing your own needles? Yes, but you can get the same events from new needles as well.

[quote]Nyrin wrote:
Do you mean to say that you perform two injections with the same needle? No matter what precautions you’re taking, there’s absolutely no way to keep that sterile; at the very least, you’re auto-inoculating yourself with a 7-day old culture from your own tissue, however small it may be.

It’s very unfortunate that you don’t have a convenient dosage option for weekly or more frequent injections. What is your accessibility to insulin syringes like? If you’re careful, you could back-fill several insulin syringes with the contents of the single horse dose, and then use the 29-31ga insulin needles to perform your regular injections. This isn’t the preferred method, either, but I’d vote carefully back-filled insulin syringes as being significantly more hygienic and significantly less prone to problems than reusing the same needle.[/quote]

Except one must be careful since insulin syringes are plastic whereas the prefilled syringes sold by the manufacturers are always glass. I don’t think plastic syringes are a good idea to store an oil-based drug in, since the plastic may leach into the oil.

So the OP could backfill an insulin syringe for immediate injection and then store the rest in the glass syringe it came in.