Split?

can you guys comment on this split please…

Monday: chest, tris, calves, abs

Tuesday: quads, hams

Wednesday: back, bis, shoulders

Thursday: Chest, tris, abs

Friday: quads, hams, calves

Saturday: back, bis, shoulders

Sunday: OFF

How long have you been training?

-chris

Agree w/ above…how long have you been training? What exercises, sets/reps are you planning to use? 6 days a week can be a grind. I’ve done it a few times, but not for a long time.

I’ve been working out for about a year now…gained 21 lbs last year…i am planning to do 3 exercises per muscle group w/ large muscle movements(squat, deadlift, etc). thanks

actually now that I am thinking…I will be a freshman at college in september so a 6 day split would be a grind for sure…what would you suggest for a split. 4 days? same muscle group once per week? thanks again

Are you benching mor than your bodyweight and squatting at least 1.5 times your bodyweight?

If you are doing 6 day split I recommend you to train Vince Gironda way , 8x8 or 6x6 , one exercise per muscle group with your split

[quote]ynballin wrote:
actually now that I am thinking…I will be a freshman at college in september so a 6 day split would be a grind for sure…what would you suggest for a split. 4 days? same muscle group once per week? thanks again[/quote]

I’d suggest you look at some of CT or CW’s workouts. They have some great 4 day splits that would work pretty well for you. On the other 3 days just be active and have fun. Enjoy the college life.

How about an upper/lower body split.

You can use it when training 3 or 4 days a week.

a: upper body horizontal
b: legs mostly hams
c: upper body vertical
d: legs mostly quads