Split Help

Hey everyone. This is my first post, and I’ve checked out this site for a long time, so please cut me some slack if I make a major mistake.

I read Charles Staley’s A-B split article, and was wondering if this was acceptable:

A
BB Bench Press
BB Row
EZ bar curl
Decline Tricep Extension
Front Squat

B
Shoulder Press
Reverse Grip Lat Pulldown
Front Raise
Sumo-Deadlift
Weighted Crunch

Also, I’m at a loss as to how to create a cycle for hypertrophy. Would a weekly progression like this be acceptable?

Week 1 3x12 65%
Week 2 3x10 70%
Week 3 4x8 75%
Week 4 4x6 80%
Week 5 4x5 85%
Week 6 4x3 90%
Week 7 Re-test max

Thank you!!

IMO a LOT short on lower body work. Id have some assistance for the lower body as well

as for the parameters look OK %'s end up being all; screwy main thing work hard you can roughly base off then dont be afraid to adjust on site

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
IMO a LOT short on lower body work. Id have some assistance for the lower body as well

as for the parameters look OK %'s end up being all; screwy main thing work hard you can roughly base off then dont be afraid to adjust on site

Phill[/quote]

Thanks Phill! would it be advisable to pair front squats with leg curls, and the deadlifts with lunges? and the %s look fine, correct? sorry for being persistent, I just wish to clarify this so I can start ASAP!

bump

[quote]flyboy16 wrote:
Phill wrote:

Phill

Thanks Phill! would it be advisable to pair front squats with leg curls, and the deadlifts with lunges? and the %s look fine, correct? sorry for being persistent, I just wish to clarify this so I can start ASAP!

[/quote]

This is absolutely the wrong approach. You don’t need to clarify anything before you can start. Remember that a good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow.

The most important factor in successful training is never programming. Paying attention, being consistent, honing good technique, and supporting your training with restoration and diet are key. As long as you are doing the big exercises and have a decent progression scheme in place, your program is fine.

Over time you will tweak things to see what works best for you and you will develop your own training style. If you do it right, you should get to the same place no matter what program you started with…so don’t wait, go lift today.

[quote]Ramo wrote:
flyboy16 wrote:
Phill wrote:

Phill

This is absolutely the wrong approach. You don’t need to clarify anything before you can start. Remember that a good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow.

The most important factor in successful training is never programming. Paying attention, being consistent, honing good technique, and supporting your training with restoration and diet are key. As long as you are doing the big exercises and have a decent progression scheme in place, your program is fine.

Over time you will tweak things to see what works best for you and you will develop your own training style. If you do it right, you should get to the same place no matter what program you started with…so don’t wait, go lift today.[/quote]

Thanks. Appreciate it! I decided to phase into my plan once I complete Mike Mahlers 5x5 program. Thanks again!