spine roller

One time poliquin recommended a spine roller before workouts. I purchased one but dont know how to use it. It is 6 inches in diameter and about 3 feet long. Do I lay on it length ways down my spine or accross my shoulders and roll on it

Dont know how to use it but where’d you get it at anyway?? I remember reading that same article and he made a reference to some toy you can buy at Wal-Mart that would do the same thing…don’t know if he was kidding or not

I remember TC wrote about the same thing in an old MM2K. He used one of the foam noodle pool toys and layed on top of it along his spine length wise.

I found the same thing with the article. It was alittle confusing as how to use it. If you go to Wal-Mart, Canadian Tire (for you hosers eh) and go to the kids area and just ask for a pool noodle, they will know what you are asking for. They ususally come in two or three sizes. Just try and ge the biggest one, which is close to 6in diameter. I believe you ly on it length ways, along your spine. I believe it certainly helps alot. I find I always have better workouts and am stronger. My WO partner read the same article and thought it meant to ly on it across the roller. All he got was a sore back and no increased WO power.

I have one. I don’t know if I’m allowed to tell you where I got it, but I’ll try. Check out the company perform better. Anyway, you lay on it (lining up with your spine)Which means length wise. I use it as a stretch device for the back. This thing is different than those pool toys. The diameter of those things is far too small for any effective stretch. I lay on mine for about 15 minutes a day, 4 days a week.

You can find more info and instruction on how to use it in Reader Mail of Issue 63. You line it up with your spine and just lay on it.

poliquin wasn’t kidding (niether was tc-he said the same thing). you can buy it for about 2 dollars at your local walmart. its called a fun noodle. anyway, just lay on it long ways down your spine, with your head supported. the “noodle” should run down your spine and past your tailbone. lay on it for about 15 minutes before you workout. it helps you posture and helps to evenly space your vertebrae (sp?) if i remember correctly.

Kelly, purchased mine from power systems. The noodle play toy is way to small

So all you do is lay on it? You don’t roll or anything?