T Nation

Spine 'Indented'

[quote]TheCoolestLuke wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
TheCoolestLuke wrote:
I’m pretty sure your spine is supposed to be ‘indented’ as opposed to sticking out for protection issues, I do believe your spine has some quite important uses.

LMAO!

Some important uses?

I vaguely remember learning about it in biology, it transports blood from the brain to the buttocks and vice versa (or something similar). I just know that breaking it is not a good thing.
[/quote]

Sorry, I was being sarcastic - it’s the way you phrased “quite important uses”.

Nevertheless, the spine has some incredibly vital uses, but you already know that.

“I’ve been lifting weights, and I’ve grown muscle! What do I do?!?!” :wink:

[quote]London Runner wrote:
SeanParent wrote:
Hey I see that you have those BBing Clogs on your feet, do you like them? Are you noticing a difference in your walking, posture, overall feeling?

You mean the Vibrams? I think they’re fantastic, I love them, I’d wear them everywhere if I could.

I’ve had them for about a year now, and have noticed a big difference in posture, not much else though, or maybe I haven’t paid enough attention.

I highly recommend them, I wear them in the gym, out on summer days, all the time, although you will get weird looks.

LR[/quote]

I had orthotics for my feet for like 3 years, but one of them broke and I was up on my warrantee so its going to cost me like 200$+ to get a new pair. I have really flat feet and they said my knees were bending in, especially when I squat. I dont really think I have the problem anymore, but my posture still sucks, and for some odd reason my hips are off, they always have been but no matter how much stretching, or cracking goes on Im still off. SO where did you pick them up, they are definatly something I think I should look into.

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:
Uhh…the only indentation I see from the pics is that caused by having some decent spinal erectors.

http://www.T-Nation.com/forum_images/1/1/.1122151145749.DSCN0120.JPG [/quote]

Seconded. It’s the folks whose spines you can see sticking out who have a problem…

You have more muscle than your boyfriend.

Good work.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
You have more muscle than your boyfriend.

[/quote]

That’s my fiendish plan.

[quote]SeanParent wrote:
London Runner wrote:
SeanParent wrote:
Hey I see that you have those BBing Clogs on your feet, do you like them? Are you noticing a difference in your walking, posture, overall feeling?

You mean the Vibrams? I think they’re fantastic, I love them, I’d wear them everywhere if I could.

I’ve had them for about a year now, and have noticed a big difference in posture, not much else though, or maybe I haven’t paid enough attention.

I highly recommend them, I wear them in the gym, out on summer days, all the time, although you will get weird looks.

LR

I had orthotics for my feet for like 3 years, but one of them broke and I was up on my warrantee so its going to cost me like 200$+ to get a new pair. I have really flat feet and they said my knees were bending in, especially when I squat. I dont really think I have the problem anymore, but my posture still sucks, and for some odd reason my hips are off, they always have been but no matter how much stretching, or cracking goes on Im still off. SO where did you pick them up, they are definatly something I think I should look into.
[/quote]

Sorry dude, didn’t see your post. I got them from the Vibram website, I think the company is based in Boston.

LR