T Nation

Spinach and Salad Dressing

I don’t think I have managed to find a great salad dressing for Spinach salads. Mine usually contains spinach, parmesean cheese and carrots.

I’ve tried different things from EVOO, French, Ranch and Bleu Cheese (R and BC were terrible!). So far the best has seemed to be EVOO infused with some sort of herbs to make the oil meant for bread dipping.

Whether its a certain kind of dressing or brand, any recommendations would be nice.

EVOO + a type of vinegar

I like balsamic.

I usually like some kind of blue cheese dressing with spinach salads. There is also an asiago and pepper dressing, made by T Marzettis I believe, that is good.

i just stuff handfuls of the stuff directly into my mouth…fuck dressing

[quote]spinach wrote:
i just stuff handfuls of the stuff directly into my mouth…fuck dressing[/quote]

Do you have massive forearms, smoke a pipe, and have a funny laugh? (Aye-guy-guy-guy-guy-guy)

EVOO and parmesan sounds good enough for me

[quote]spinach wrote:
i just stuff handfuls of the stuff directly into my mouth…fuck dressing[/quote]

I have actually done this several times, usually at work if I do not have the time to sit and eat. But I’m mainly talking about trying to maximize the taste, not efficiency.

Here’s an idea: make a wilted spinach salad.
http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=wilted+spinach+salad&btnG=Google+Search

It’s basically just a hot vinaigrette that’s delicious and allows you to eat about 5x more spinach (because it’s wilted).

Like this

[quote]Bona wrote:
spinach wrote:

I have actually done this several times, usually at work if I do not have the time to sit and eat. But I’m mainly talking about trying to maximize the taste, not efficiency. [/quote]

I used to do this too in college (and occasionally since) but after a few cases of slimy spinach entering my mouth by mistake I gave up. I also kind of lost my taste for spinach. It may have to do with the availability of reasonably fresh spinach where I am now.

The only salad I will eat is 50/50 spinach and romaine topped with diced red onion and liberal amounts of whole sundried tomatoes packed in garlic EVOO. Plus protein.

The oil from the tomatoes seems to be enough when paired with the sweet onions and tomatoes.

Delicious.

I prefer raspberry vinaigrette for spinach. Throw a few raisins and almonds in and it is awesome!

i like the fruity dressing too to cut the bitterness of the spinach

I wanted to edit: that I like the idea of 50/50 spinach and romaine. I’m going to try that, Thanks beaut

amen to opening spinach container, grabbing handfuls, and downing 2 cups in amount 2 minutes.

Caramelized onions, toasted pine nuts and mandarin oranges.

Toss the orange slices in the oil you’re caramelizing the onions in just as they are finishing up to infuse a bit of their flavor. EVOO and a dash of vinegar and S&P to dress and you’re set. It’s great.

cayenne pepper, black pepper, olive oil, vinegar

Cant go wrong with vinegar, (red wine, balsamic) and sometimes some oil to help it cling. Salt and pepper is a must.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
spinach wrote:

Do you have massive forearms, smoke a pipe, and have a funny laugh? (Aye-guy-guy-guy-guy-guy)[/quote]

I have a funny laugh.

I’d choose the spinach sauteed in EVOO + garlic over the salad version anyday. But if its dressing you want, any variation of vinaigrette is where its at.