T Nation

Spilt Surge...

Wow does this piss me off lol. Done with my work out…head over to the water fountain…fill up my shaker with some water to mix my Surge…and screw on the cap. Of course my shaker is a piece of shit and never screws right, yet I always think it is…shake it and bam…fuckin water and Surge all over the floor…no other point to this thread than to complain lol.

That sucks. A guy at my gym last night walked around the entire time with a leaky shaker full of No-Explode. Got it all over him, his bag, and his girlfriend. Serves him right.

It happens to everyone at some point. They just don’t make a damn sturdy shaker cup anymore. If they do (please correct me) let us know what you use.

The best one I have found yet was a GNC Pro Performance Shaker. It still leaks, but not as bad as most.

[quote]BluePfaltz wrote:
It happens to everyone at some point. They just don’t make a damn sturdy shaker cup anymore. If they do (please correct me) let us know what you use.

The best one I have found yet was a GNC Pro Performance Shaker. It still leaks, but not as bad as most. [/quote]

Nalgenes are great shaker cups. I have a few of them, they’re fantastic.

-dizzle

i have a “blender bottle”. it seems sturdy to me but i havent been using it that long.

blender bottles, i thought at one time were the best, but slowly they begin to leak then BAM they fuck you over

Nalgene is the superior shaker cup.

I like Turbo Shakers actually, but the top is sometimes tough to pull off (pops off rather than screw). I always have the feeling I’ll launch all the contents popping the top off.

Mixes very well, though.

i’ve had the same blender bottle since last july and it’s still blending away. i just have like 4 or 5 of which i’ll use two or three of them a day.

no problems as of yet.

blender bottle. FTW!!

Go to walmart and buy the 2 dollar rubbermaid shaker things. They dont leak or wear out ever. Its not shaped like a super cool shaker from GNC and no one will go “OMG, you drink protein powder? are you on steroids!? heheh” but it gets the job done.

might sound stupid but I use a thermos flask. This is only for my PWO shake, but it keeps my milk nice and cold and it has a proper screw lid that does not leak

DPS Nutrition shakers are the best I’ve found. They usually last about a year with consistent use. Cheap too, like $3 or something. Only downside is the blue lettering starts to wear off after a few months and can stain clothes/fingers.

i have several blender bottles that i have had for at least 2 years, and they have never leaked. they have popped open when the latch got caught on a shoe string in my gym bag, but never leaked.