Spill Over Effect

Do you guys take advantage of doing big compound exercises like deadlifts and squats, by following it up with more upper body annihilation? In my opinion, since the body is going to flooded from increased GH during recovery, might as well squeeze in more upper body training to jack your hormone levels a notch and grow like an effing mad man.

…Depends, if I’m too trashed and tired after squatting or deadlifting, why would I go half-ass on an upper-body exercise?

All that hormone release stuff is really overrated and is mostly temporary anyways. There’s no way I could do any upper body on leg day. If you can, you’re doing it wrong.

It’s better to just put all you’ve got into every session and not try to manipulate hormonal levels or some shit.

Some stuff sounds kinda cool in theory, but is counter-productive in practice.

[quote]Artem wrote:
All that hormone release stuff is really overrated and is mostly temporary anyways. There’s no way I could do any upper body on leg day. If you can, you’re doing it wrong.

It’s better to just put all you’ve got into every session and not try to manipulate hormonal levels or some shit.

Some stuff sounds kinda cool in theory, but is counter-productive in practice.[/quote]

Agreed

OK fine, how about wait till the NEXT day to do the upper body training.

[quote]prospa7 wrote:
OK fine, how about wait till the NEXT day to do the upper body training.[/quote]

Yes, that would be how a split works.

[quote]Artem wrote:
prospa7 wrote:

Yes, that would be how a split works.[/quote]

Haha, yeah no shit.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
Artem wrote:
prospa7 wrote:

Haha, yeah no shit. [/quote]

LOL!

x2

I did try something like this years and years ago, I didn’t notice anything positive or negative from it.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
…Depends, if I’m too trashed and tired after squatting or deadlifting, why would I go half-ass on an upper-body exercise?

[/quote]

Agree. If I’ve trained my legs effectively, I don’t think I could really train anything else with any kind of serious focus.

[quote]Artem wrote:
prospa7 wrote:

Yes, that would be how a split works.[/quote]

just thought i give solid clarification for those who are suffering from pussyitis and weak-minded individuals who are unwilling to deadlift and bench press on the same day

[quote]prospa7 wrote:
Artem wrote:
prospa7 wrote:

just thought i give solid clarification for those who are suffering from pussyitis and weak-minded individuals who are unwilling to deadlift and bench press on the same day[/quote]

I feel like that may not have been the smartest comment.

[quote]prospa7 wrote:
Artem wrote:
prospa7 wrote:

just thought i give solid clarification for those who are suffering from pussyitis and weak-minded individuals who are unwilling to deadlift and bench press on the same day[/quote]

Has nothing to do with pussyitis. I don’t care how much effort I try to put into the second exercise, the second exercise will be affected. Try this, switch up the order of your exercises. Put your third or fourth exercise of the day first, I’m willing to bet you can put up more weight for it, and the exercise that was previously first, put it last. I’m willing to bet you can’t put up what you could when it was first in your rotation. It’s called fatigue, and it is a very real phenomenon if you didn’t know.

Since when were people who use splits pussies? Guess that means most bodybuilders, athletes (despite what you are told a fuck-load of athletes train with some type of split), strongmen and people on this site in general are pussies.

Those crossfit guys, they’re the only people who aren’t pussies.

[quote]prospa7 wrote:
Artem wrote:
prospa7 wrote:

I LOL’d @ this.

[quote]prospa7 wrote:
Artem wrote:
prospa7 wrote:

Dude, come back when you have learned HOW to deadlift, then talk to us about “pussyitis” and “weak-minded individuals”.

[quote]prospa7 wrote:
Artem wrote:
prospa7 wrote:

You are so right. I do deadlifts and benchpress on the same day, every day. I also squat on these days, and do loaded dips and pullups. I don’t rest between sets. Instead, I do tabatas with front squats, but instead of going 20 seconds on and ten seconds off, I go 25 seconds on and 5 seconds off. I usually do 100 reps of each with my 1 rep max, but I do sets of 8-10 most days. Yesterday I did this session in 8 minutes, but I try to beat my time each day. After this, I do interval training until I puke, then I scoop up the puke and eat it, less I waste valuable peri-workout nutrition. Those of you who don’t train like this are pussytits.

[quote]gerby wrote:
prospa7 wrote:
Artem wrote:
prospa7 wrote:

just thought i give solid clarification for those who are suffering from pussyitis and weak-minded individuals who are unwilling to deadlift and bench press on the same day

You are so right. I do deadlifts and benchpress on the same day, every day. I also squat on these days, and do loaded dips and pullups. I don’t rest between sets. Instead, I do tabatas with front squats, but instead of going 20 seconds on and ten seconds off, I go 25 seconds on and 5 seconds off. I usually do 100 reps of each with my 1 rep max, but I do sets of 8-10 most days. Yesterday I did this session in 8 minutes, but I try to beat my time each day. After this, I do interval training until I puke, then I scoop up the puke and eat it, less I waste valuable peri-workout nutrition. Those of you who don’t train like this are pussytits.

[/quote]

lmao. guess i’m a pussytit.

rofl at this thread.

[quote]

Agree. If I’ve trained my legs effectively, I don’t think I could really train anything else with any kind of serious focus.[/quote]

this.
nuff said

you still don’t get it. And probably never will.

Do your squats, deads and bench on the same day and then do upper body accessory work and add combat pyramids and zumba to top it all off.

And post on the beginner’s section for a while.

[quote]prospa7 wrote:

Agree. If I’ve trained my legs effectively, I don’t think I could really train anything else with any kind of serious focus.

this.
nuff said
[/quote]