T Nation

Spike...With or Without Caffeine?

Which one would you recommend? I know Mr. Bernard says caffeine is bad and can stunt muscle growth, so should I go for the caffeine-free version? Or does Spike have some super form of caffeine?

I like the Caff free due to the fact I love coffe and have them together wash down my spkie with some Hot Joe. Pick your poison both are good.

Phill

[quote]SeanT wrote:
Which one would you recommend? I know Mr. Bernard says caffeine is bad and can stunt muscle growth, so should I go for the caffeine-free version?[/quote]

I believe this is a bit of an oversimplification of what Berardi actually stated.

Now you’ll probably have people freaked out about using a little caffeine.

I find that the caffeine free gives me the mental focus, the with version gives the focus and an energy boost.
The main factor should be any other supplements you are taking that would conflict with the other ingredients.
I can’t feel the free version kick in but I can with the other version.

Okay, I just wanted to be sure. I already ordered the version with caffine. Figured if I didn’t like it, it was just $10.

[quote]SeanT wrote:
Okay, I just wanted to be sure. I already ordered the version with caffine. Figured if I didn’t like it, it was just $10.[/quote]

Dont worry, you’ll like it.

Understatement of the decade. Spike is the shit. I personally prefer the Spike Shooters, though.

Yeah, don’t worry about the little amount of caffeine in Spike. I love me some caffeinated Spike.

I’d personally say decaf, but if I drink any amount of coffee I get headaches/shitty sleep unless I keep hitting coffee like a crack pipe, then I cant sleep whatsoever.

If you’re like the millions of Americans that are immune to caffeine these days, it’s not gonna “stunt muscle growth” unless you drink enough to piss blood, but then you’ll die of kidney complications.