T Nation

Spike While Training at Night

I’m thiking about getting Spike as I heard it works pretty well and helps you with intensity while training. However I train at night and would like to know if it’s a good idea to take them a few hours before bed. Usually I train between 6pm-9pm then come home and have my meal, shower and head to bed. so between taking the pill and bed time there is like 3-4 hours.

I could just get Spike but its a bit expensive so i want to hear if anyone had experienced taking this supplement close to bed time.

The truth is that no one will be able to tell you how you’ll react to a particular stimulant.

I’m sure there are people who can take Spike late in the day and sleep without a problem. I am not one of those people, however.

The only way to find out is to try it yourself.

I train at night too. On days that I take Spike, I just take it around 4pm. I get a bonus of an end of the day boost at work and then a great workout. But like others have said, you need to assess your tolerance. Also, the pills are $10 so I assume you are talking about the cans. If you want to try either before you commit, I have seen sample packs of the tablets and single cans at GNC.

Everyone is different. I need 8-10 hrs post-Spike in order to sleep…

Today I went to GNC and got a can of Spike right before heading to the gym. I didn’t feel anything really. Are the caps stronger?

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:
Today I went to GNC and got a can of Spike right before heading to the gym. I didn’t feel anything really. Are the caps stronger?[/quote]

You’ve got issues if you don’t feel the effects of a Spike Shooter.

Perhaps you should take some time off all stimulants.

i find no difference when i take the caps, i could take some then fall asleep 5 mins later,

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
ronaldo7 wrote:
Today I went to GNC and got a can of Spike right before heading to the gym. I didn’t feel anything really. Are the caps stronger?

You’ve got issues if you don’t feel the effects of a Spike Shooter.

Perhaps you should take some time off all stimulants.[/quote]

I drink a cup of coffee 4-5 times a week, thats alot of stimulants alright.