Spike vs. Power Drive

I have been taking Spike for about a month now and I really do not feel anything; definitely nothing near as powerful as Tim claims. I can take two capsules of Spike and in 15 minutes, promptly fall asleep without problem.

Power Drive on the other hand… that stuff kicks my ass! I have been taking it almost since it first came out and it always gets me ramped up for a workout. Sleep after taking Power Drive? Fuggedaboutit!

Has anybody else compared Spike with Power Drive? What is your experience?

[quote]MentalMuscle wrote:
I have been taking Spike for about a month now and I really do not feel anything; definitely nothing near as powerful as Tim claims. I can take two capsules of Spike and in 15 minutes, promptly fall asleep without problem.

Power Drive on the other hand… that stuff kicks my ass! I have been taking it almost since it first came out and it always gets me ramped up for a workout. Sleep after taking Power Drive? Fuggedaboutit!

Has anybody else compared Spike with Power Drive? What is your experience?[/quote]

Myself, and I would tend to think most others, would have an opposite response. Even simply considering the relatively small amount of caffeine in Spike, it alone is enough to where most wouldn’t be able to sleep immediately after taking it. Conversely, with Power Drive, at least in terms of catecholamine levels, you’re simply providing more substrate for a system which can be saturated relatively easily, so a strong stimulatory effect is much less likely.

I would have to say I find your particular responses to both products to be an interesting anomaly.

I’ve Experienced the same thing. I feel nothing when I pop two capsules of Spike. I too could take a nap afterwards. None of the things Tim P. described when taking it has happend. I haven’t taken it with any other stimulants or haven’t abused stimulants in the passed. I usually just have my Yerba Mate and a Cappuccino every other day. I’ve been wanting to try 3 caps since Tim said that 3 caps was the absolute max for a real amp, but haven’t tied that yet. This was the first time I’ve ever been let down by a Biotest supplement. What could it be that I don’t respond to it like the others?

[quote]T-Warrior wrote:
I’ve Experienced the same thing. I feel nothing when I pop two capsules of Spike. I too could take a nap afterwards. None of the things Tim P. described when taking it has happend. I haven’t taken it with any other stimulants or haven’t abused stimulants in the passed. I usually just have my Yerba Mate and a Cappuccino every other day. I’ve been wanting to try 3 caps since Tim said that 3 caps was the absolute max for a real amp, but haven’t tied that yet. This was the first time I’ve ever been let down by a Biotest supplement. What could it be that I don’t respond to it like the others?[/quote]

It’s certainly possible that you aren’t responding as others have.

When you say you’ve experienced the same thing, however, are you also saying that you experience a stimulatory effect from Power Drive but not Spike? I find this very odd.

Honestly, I notice zero effect from Power Drive. I wasn’t even aware I was supposed to “feel” anything. I was just throwing it in the PWO shake to aid CNS recovery.

I have actually taken Spike along with HOT-ROX as well as taking Spike twice per day (2 capsules each time) but I still has no effect.

Maybe I will try 3 capsules and see how that works for me. But Power Drive definitely gets me ready for a workout. It is almost like taking a small dose of ephedrine. However, I am aware that I seem to be an anomoly in this regard since none of my friends have had any positive effect from taking Power Drive.

[quote]MentalMuscle wrote:

Has anybody else compared Spike with Power Drive? What is your experience?[/quote]

Im the same way. Power Drive Really cranks me up. Its like “The Mask” when I take it.

I’m definitely a Power Drive fan, but it doesn’t have anywhere near the same effect as Spike.

Spike rocks!

[quote]T-Warrior wrote:
I’ve Experienced the same thing. I feel nothing when I pop two capsules of Spike. I too could take a nap afterwards. None of the things Tim P. described when taking it has happend. I haven’t taken it with any other stimulants or haven’t abused stimulants in the passed. I usually just have my Yerba Mate and a Cappuccino every other day. I’ve been wanting to try 3 caps since Tim said that 3 caps was the absolute max for a real amp, but haven’t tied that yet. This was the first time I’ve ever been let down by a Biotest supplement. What could it be that I don’t respond to it like the others?[/quote]

Mate does the trick for me, but I think I will give Spike a try all the same.

I don’t get amped up with Power Drive, But I do notice my focus is more clear and it wakes me up slightly. But only when I take it on an empty stomach and with a carbonated beverage. I wish Spike worked for me the way it has with others, since I work and go to school full-time and usually only get 5-6 hours of sleep. Maybe I just have a very high tolerance for stimulants.

Also, part of my problem at night is just trying to relax so that I could get at least a good 6 solid hours of sleep. I just can’t turn my brain off at night. Hopefully Biotest comes through with that experimental supplement EUPHORIA that was talked about a while back. A supplement that totally relaxes body and mind would be wonderful. ZMA isn’t enough for me to relax.

Yah i’m the same way, Power Drive makes me feel great and aware. I want to go out and be social. Vitamin C makes me more aware than Spike :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]T-Warrior wrote:
usually only get 5-6 hours of sleep.

at least a good 6 solid hours of sleep.quote]

herein may lie your answer. i took a Spike when i only had about four hours of sleep and i really just bearly felt normal (slept just short of my 8:15 hours), however it was much bigger effect with a solid 8:15 hours of sleep.

i know where youre coming from with the sleep and the mind wandering. im just overcoming another battle with that once again. its a real bitch and is just an ugly cycle of the effects that spill over into your life, which naturally make it that much worse.

Well, I seem to be another person Spike doesn’t work on.

I thought I felt “something” with my first capsule, but after I worked my way up to 3 within a few days, I realized it doesn’t do anything for me. Heck, if anything, I felt more tired that day…

I’m gonna wait a few days and give it another try…

This past week, I have taken 3 pills of Spike just to see if there was any difference in stimulatory effect compared to 2, and there wasn’t for me. I am not any more focused or aware than without it. I will say though that one 3 pills, I felt more cluttered and and confused in my thoughts. Is there a possibility that with more than the recommended dose you have the opposite effect?

i have tried Spike a few times and haven’t been too impressed with it yet. I have only tried 1 cap, but when i took it today, i felt wired and my mouth became very dry with 30 minutes.

that feeling has lasted the rest of the day, and i didn’t really feel good going to the gym tonight. Even after the workout i still don’t feel that great.

I’ll try it again, but has anyone else experienced the dry mouth thing?

I haven’t experienced it with Spike but I have with other stimulants. I’m starting to believe that I don’t respond to LEGAL stimulants anymore or have built up a tolerance. I have yet to try Power Drive so when I get the money I’ll give it a shot and see if I’m like the others who posted that get the amped feeling.

I know this may go against Tim’s recommendations, but I have found that to get the most bang from Spike I need to take a 200mg. caffeine tab with it. This combo is much stronger than a Power Drive/caffiene combo IMO. My wife recently tried two caps and claimed it equalled speed, but without the rapid heartbeat. Overall I love it, needing caffeine is negligible.

Give us some data on Euphoria. I need something to make the best out of 4 or 5 hours sleep on occasion. It seems like most of the replies on Spike are negative. I guess it is back to the drawing board, or just down to Starbucks.

Um, read again, friend. Some people here are expressing their resistance to Spike, but there have been at least 10x as many people just praising it up the wazoo.

Spike is very good stuff. But it doesn’t work for everyone.

[quote]physicalstrategies wrote:
Give us some data on Euphoria. I need something to make the best out of 4 or 5 hours sleep on occasion. It seems like most of the replies on Spike are negative. I guess it is back to the drawing board, or just down to Starbucks.[/quote]

Gosh, I haven’t heard anything about the Euphoria, since Brock Strasser was with t-mag. Love to know what happened with that one and the Ribose-C as well.