Spike vs. Coffee

I have been considering buying Spike for a while but i hate feeling jittery and anxious. So right now i usually drink a big cup of coffee before i work out in the morning.

So i guess i got 3 questions. 1. Does Spike make you feel anxious? 2. Is it hands down better than coffee? 3. Will it leave my mind racing and unable to focus?

It doesn’t make me feel anxious. I feel that it’s better than coffee if you want a bigger jolt, and no, I think it actually makes it easier to concentrate.

It DOES, however, make me a little jittery if I use a larger dose, so if you’re bothered by stimulants, I’d recommend the Spike Shotgun. I don’t like it quite as much as the Shooters, because they seem not to hit me as hard or as fast as the Shooters, but if you want “slower burning” stimulant, it would probably be good.

[quote]jakshafter wrote:
I have been considering buying Spike for a while but i hate feeling jittery and anxious. So right now i usually drink a big cup of coffee before i work out in the morning.

So i guess i got 3 questions. 1. Does Spike make you feel anxious? 2. Is it hands down better than coffee? 3. Will it leave my mind racing and unable to focus?[/quote]

1. at half a can it doesn´t.

2. depends on what you want to do afterwards.

3. could be.

I´d use Spike for workouts, especially while dieting, and coffee to concentrate.

How anyone can drink one of the large cans and not hop around like a duracell bunny for a week is beyond me.

Maybe we should ask which Spike. There’s like 142 different ones now.

A friend of mine saw me drinking a Shooter a while back, and wanted to try one, so I gave him one. Not realizing he had just downed a couple 20 oz Dews. (I believe 180 mg caffeine total.)

I believe he was also extra sensitive to stimulants. Started off ok, but then it was too much for him.

I really do not like coffee, so the shooters are my standby when I am not on HOT-ROX. (Do your job, supplement-name-capitalizing mod.)

I have been wanting to add in the Caffeine-Free Spike as I did like the “smooth” feeling I had when using the regular caffeinated Spike pill.

[quote]The Mage wrote:

A friend of mine saw me drinking a Shooter a while back, and wanted to try one, so I gave him one. Not realizing he had just downed a couple 20 oz Dews. (I believe 180 mg caffeine total.)

I believe he was also extra sensitive to stimulants. Started off ok, but then it was too much for him.

I really do not like coffee, so the Shooters are my standby when I am not on HOT-ROX. (Do your job, supplement-name-capitalizing mod.)

I have been wanting to add in the Caffeine-Free Spike as I did like the “smooth” feeling I had when using the regular caffeinated Spike pill. [/quote]

I was asking aboue the regular Spike pill form.

[quote]jakshafter wrote:

I was asking aboue the regular Spike pill form.[/quote]

Can’t speak for anyone else, but I have never even came close to being jittery from taking the pill.

one Spike yellow pill = great workouts for me; however, it also gives me a bit of anxiety, so I prefer coffee for study.

[quote]jakshafter wrote:
The Mage wrote:

I really do not like coffee, so the Shooters are my standby when I am not on HOT-ROX. (Do your job, supplement-name-capitalizing mod.)

I have been wanting to add in the Caffeine-Free Spike as I did like the “smooth” feeling I had when using the regular caffeinated Spike pill.

I was asking aboue the regular Spike pill form.[/quote]

The only way to see is to try one. Wal-Mart used to sell Spike in pill form, so you could buy it there in the smallest box possible. Try one (only) and see. I liked the caps better, got a euphoria from those, until it wore off after a few weeks.

I love Spike Pills for a lot of occasions. I use it both before I get a big lift in, when I have a big game (league basketball) and I use it when I have very important meetings. The concentration powers that I get from Spike are off the charts. I have never been jittery when taking it.

2 Spike pills, 1cup of green tea and 1 200mg caff. pill prior to workout.
too much? 2 Spikes solo dont do much for me, caffeine solo doesnt do it either