T Nation

Spike Under 18 Yrs Old?

I’m curious why it’s not good to take Spike if you are under 18. I’m also curious why the caffeine free ones are not recommended either.
Thanks.
I tried searching but could not find an answer.

edit: pills not the drink.

There are legal and ethical consequences for recomending substances like this to kids who are not of legal age.

Search for a thread relating to a high school kid “o.d.ing” for details.

Here ya go.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1464680

Thats why.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
Here ya go.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1464680

Thats why.[/quote]

so they overdosed on Spike Shooters. part of my question was asking about why the noncaffeinated pills were not recommended either…

there are more developed 16 year olds than 20 year olds. in general, guidelines are just that. guidelines. just be careful and don’t be a dumbass and think drinking six cans a day will be good for you.

[quote]texasguy wrote:
there are more developed 16 year olds than 20 year olds. in general, guidelines are just that. guidelines. just be careful and don’t be a dumbass and think drinking six cans a day will be good for you. [/quote]

That has to be the dumbest advice I have seen here in a while. Why would anyone tell some kid to disregard the age restrictions on a supplement that has the potential to have affects on heart rate?

One of the primary factors in regards to those restrictions is the knowledge that most teenagers think they are invincible and disregard any restrictions to begin with. Most are also largely unaware of any familial health problems that put them at risk. Beyond that, telling this to some kid has the greater potential of aiding in the supplement in question being banned in the future because of dumb people using it irresponsibly.

Caffeine is not the reason this supplement is restricted. Most yohimbine supplements have age restrictions.

Your posts on this board are getting more and more ridiculous.

[quote]wangster wrote:
Spike Under 18 Yrs Old?[/quote]

I wouldn’t drink anything that wasn’t aged at least 18 years.