T Nation

Spike Shotgun Article?

When are you guys going to toss us a mouth watering informative article on Spike Shotgun?

there already is one…

are you talking about the two paragraph bullshit?

that doesn’t count.

it’s not persuasive or informative, and if not link?

Well if it helps I ordered some and tried my first today. I love Spike, and I’ve drank the Shooters for awhile. The Shotgun is different. First, I’ve never taken Beta-alanine (I assume you noticed thats in there) before. I got up, drank the Shotgun, and went and trained.

I did notice that there was maybe less “burning” in my muscles (legs specifically) while I trained. Today was a real high intensity day too. It isn’t quite as carbonated as the Shooter, which I thought took a bit away from the taste. And because it such a big drink, its a bit harder to slam one before you go train. But all in all I loved it.

[quote]deq wrote:

that doesn’t count.

it’s not persuasive or informative [/quote]

Quit bitchin’.

Can you not form your own opinion about the product from all of the discussion between members that has already been had?

You’ve been a member here for several months.
A couple of minor changes were made to the original Shooter formula to arrive at the Shotgun.
Are you so clueless about Spike at this point that you truly need to be spoon-fed with a full article in order to decide if it’s something you’d like to try?

[quote]Rykker wrote:
deq wrote:

that doesn’t count.

it’s not persuasive or informative

Quit bitchin’.

Can you not form your own opinion about the product from all of the discussion between members that has already been had?

A couple of minor changes were made to the original Shooter formula to arrive at the Shotgun.
Are you so clueless about Spike at this point that you truly need to be spoon-fed with a full article in order to decide if it’s something you’d like to try?[/quote]

What’s the purpose of the beta-alanine?

What’s the reasoning between the addition?

what audience is it geared towards?

[quote]deq wrote:
Rykker wrote:
deq wrote:

that doesn’t count.

it’s not persuasive or informative

Quit bitchin’.

Are you so clueless about Spike at this point that you truly need to be spoon-fed with a full article in order to decide if it’s something you’d like to try?

What’s the purpose of the beta-alanine?

What’s the reasoning between the addition?

what audience is it geared towards?

answer that jack ass.

[/quote]

I guess you do need to be spoon-fed.

I’m not Biotest, so I cannot say why they haven’t released an article.
But is it so very difficult to do a little research on your own, instead of spouting off at the mouth (in reference to your “the two paragraph bullshit?” comment) because they haven’t, for whatever reason, done a nice, pretty article for you?

Perhaps they have their hands full with their upcoming new supplement launches, and a full article on one of their well-known, well-established signature supplements that only received a bit of a tweak isn’t a top priority?

Anyway, here’s my jackassed attempt to answer your questions:

The following is an excerpt from the article on BETA-7, Biotest’s beta-alanine supplement.

[i]Beta-alanine Dissected

Let’s keep this simple. Beta-alanine is a non-essential amino acid found naturally in both the body and in foods. Giving your body more of this substance allows you to perform more work. Ingest enough of it, at the right times, and it significantly increases skeletal-muscle carnosine.

That is avery big deal. Huge.

Basically, increasing muscle-carnosine levels allows you to do more reps and more sets in a given workout. It means more sets at a higher intensity with less fatigue. It means you can increase training volume, get stronger, get faster, have more endurance, and build more muscle.

In short, beta-alanine . . .

�?� Increases anaerobic threshold (muscular endurance)

�?� Increase aerobic threshold (endurance in general)

�?� Increases physical work capacity

�?� Increases lean mass

�?� Increases intracellular carnosine levels dramatically in both fast-twitch and slow-twitch muscles

�?� Decreases body fat

What does all that mean exactly? It means that beta-alanine is a bona fide performance-enhancing substance of the highest order.
---------------------------------[/i]

There is also no Yohimbine in Shotgun, as there is in the Shooter.
Yohimbine is a banned substance in many places, which prevents many people from being able to use supplements which contain it. Some people simply cannot tolerate its stimulatory effects.

Perhaps they removed the Yohimbine in the Shotgun to allow more people to use Spike. Again, can’t say for certain, but that seems pretty reasonable, doesn’t it?

And the addition of beta-alanine is kind of a no-brainer, given the info above. There’s talk of Shotgun being slated for wide-release, but I’d say with that addition it appeals pretty strongly to the strength-training and bodybuilding crowds.

Does that help you at all?