Spike Shooters Banned In School

In a high school.

Just saw the short on CNN as I was flipping to MSNBC. Apparently, a principle banned it because some kids (NOT over the age of 18) got sick, weak, or hospitalized after consuming it…

No doubt on an empty stomach.

They had a 10 second phone interview with Tim Patterson, too.

ka-chi

glug-glug-glug

Mod Note:

If you posted a similar thread, they have all been consolidated into this one.

MBR

I was watching CNN this morning and I saw this. Apparently a High School was selling Spike Shooter cans in their vending machines. A bunch of kids bought and tried Spike, and a lot of them began to get overwhelmed. A few girls got too jittery to function and had to go to the hospital. Now the principal of the school wants to ban Spike from the school, saying that the warning on the can is not enough. Tim Patterson replied saying that there is the warning, and shouldn’t be used by anyone under 18. Thoughts?

^My topic starter post, but I’m wondering why the school and Biotest authorized a vending machine of Shooters at the school, doesn’t that spell disaster in the first place?

Mod Note: There was no Spike Shooter vending machine at the school.

Tim Patterson is interviewed, and says to read the label…no joke…thats why the warning is there. Thats like having high school students drinking alcohol, which isn’t designed for their age group, and then blaming the alcohol industry. I know it inst the same, but come on. Learn to point fingers in the right places. Go blame the store who sold it to them…r better yet…BLAME THE KID, AS PEOPLE HAVE A HARD TIME DOING THESE DAYS!

Go Spike…Go T-Nation.

It was a 7-11 across the street.

Uh yeah…no shit.

I’m sure some of those kids pound Red Bulls like they’re nothing but a can of Spike Shooter is basically 2 Spike Tabs, which sends me into orbit for hours. Big difference.

It’s the same shit where people wanna blame everybody but their own stupidity.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:

I’m sure some of those kids pound Red Bulls like they’re nothing
[/quote]

Spike gives you fuckin’ pterodactyl wings.

:slight_smile:

-Nate

Just to report back about the news story. Turns out a kid drank a whole can, probably had more than that, and he said his heart started hurting and he felt sick. The school called an ambulance and the paramedics sent the kid home and he claimed to throw up there.

Looks like a total overreaction and Biotest spokesman said the kids are chugging it for the immediaate buzz. Some kids were saying that others had 6-7 Shooters in the top of their locker. So the school has banned the Spike Shooter and apparently the 7-11 across the street where the kids were getting them, pulled them off the shelves.

I really hope the 7-11 chain doesn’t follow suit. I love to pick up a couple of cans when I can. I hear that certain Shell gas stations also carry the Shooter.

For Spike Shooter News, this is mtd25 reporting live from my desk.

[quote]Nate Green wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:

I’m sure some of those kids pound Red Bulls like they’re nothing

Spike gives you fuckin’ pterodactyl wings.

:slight_smile:

-Nate[/quote]

That is the funniest thing I have heard all day man

Maybe they should BAN the principal because it’s obvious the kids can’t read and they’re just getting pushed ahead in school.

I can’t wait for the lawsuit…dumb kids parents will probably try to sue the hospital, paramedics, school system, 7-11, and Biotest.

[quote]mtd25 wrote:

Just to report back about the news story. Turns out a kid drank a whole can, probably had more than that, and he said his heart started hurting and he felt sick. The school called an ambulance and the paramedics sent the kid home and he claimed to throw up there.

Looks like a total overreaction and Biotest spokesman said the kids are chugging it for the immediaate buzz. Some kids were saying that others had 6-7 Shooters in the top of their locker. So the school has banned the Spike Shooter and apparently the 7-11 across the street where the kids were getting them, pulled them off the shelves.

I really hope the 7-11 chain doesn’t follow suit. I love to pick up a couple of cans when I can. I hear that certain Shell gas stations also carry the Shooter.

For Spike Shooter News, this is mtd25 reporting live from my desk. [/quote]

I just watched the YouTube video, sound wasn’t the greatest, but did they say Spike has 300mg of caffeine? Where did they get this information?

My little brother saw me drinking one of these at my house, and asked me for one before basketball. Disregarding the fact that I’d sell it to him for nothing short of his left ventricle, since thats what its worth, I told him no.

I told him it was strong stuff, the label says no under 18 drinking it and so on. I also told him they’re going to be selling it in 7-11, and when he sees is, dont go behind my back and try it out anyway. Will he? I’m sure he will, just like any other high school kid. Will he end up on the news? No, because he’s not an idiot drinking 6-7 cans like someone posted previously.

Perhaps Tim and TC should make presentations in high schools across the country scarring kids and scaring principals for life. Come on guys, make us proud!

[quote]catalyst wrote:
I just watched the YouTube video, sound wasn’t the greatest, but did they say Spike has 300mg of caffeine? Where did they get this information?
[/quote]

…the label.

[quote]catalyst wrote:
mtd25 wrote:

[/quote]

it says 300mg on the can

That Youtube video was rediculous. I can’t believe they want to blame Biotest for this, when you can clearly see at least 2 different warning labels on the can.

[quote]Evilmage wrote:
catalyst wrote:
mtd25 wrote:

it says 300mg on the can

[/quote]

Woops. It wasn’t always listed. Just checked my can from this weeks shipment, you’re absolutely right.

That sucks, i havent seen the Shooters in the gas stations around here. Im gonna look again. I live near 3 of them, there bound to get them sooner than later.

To quote someones post above.

Go Spike, Go T-Nation

[quote]Evilmage wrote:

it says 300mg on the can

[/quote]

Too much for me. Is there a caffiene free version?

My bud just called to let me know about this. He stopped in at a 7-11 and the clerk told him something to the effect of “you don’t want to buy that, it’s giving kid’s heart attacks”

Sometimes I just hate the country we live in. I don’t know how these things ended up being sold in schools in the first place.

MAG-10, gone, MD6, gone, hopefully Spike does not follow suit. Good luck Biotest!

Monopoly

My little brother is in high school and he tells me about his freinds drinking 4-6 cans in a matter of minutes of redbull or that cocaine drink downed with a bunch of caffeine pills.

Kids do stupid shit always have always will.

the 7-11’s need to enforce the warning labels.