Spike Shooter

[quote]BiG BeN wrote:
Interesting, haven’t seen the ad on the shooter, but that would be nice on sleepy motorcycle ride day…Booom ready to tear it up!!!

As for the magazines like FLEX, I get them for the whole bodybuilding life style. I read that sucker front to back just to see whats going on with the pro’s, any lifting routines that are different than my own, different exercises I’ve never seen, and nutritional advise. I mean I don’t do everything they say, but try to find an adaption to the real world of my own programs. [/quote]

Exactly. I read them to find out about the people I looked up to. I would take an article written by Mike Matarrazzo about how he ate to get that big when he first started bodybuilding over some article talking about how many sets he does at 275lbs ripped. Obviously, when I was 150lbs, I wouldn’t be training like he used to in contest condition.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
Professor X wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
Post a photo of the ad, I’d like to see it.

Pick up the new Flex magazine. There are several ads from MD6 and HOT-ROX to Spike.

Whos on the cover?

Phil Heath.[/quote]

Damn good issue, Phil looks awesome on the cover. He is blowing up like a m-fer!! I like the way that guy trains, its actually quite similar to my own training. His seated alternating dumbell curl technique is great. I never knew other pro’s used this technique either. I’ve tried it the past couple weeks and my bi’s are killing after each set. Good stuff.

Don’t think I could do his tricep exercise of 3 sets of 30?!! Going up each 10 reps in weight?!! Maybe I should if he got where he is in 4 years!!

I must have totally flew by the Spike shooter though, I did see an ad for something else that I’ve never heard or seen before, but I can’t recall what it was called off the top of my head.

Wish they’d show alittle more of Vince Taylor being back.

I still really dont get it. I thought ephedrine is legal again. Why wont any supplement companies touch it? IMO, it makes no sense to make another fat burner by Biotest if it doesnt contain ephedrine. We already have a non ephedrine fat burner.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Kuz wrote:
Professor X wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
Post a photo of the ad, I’d like to see it.

Pick up the new Flex magazine. There are several ads from MD6 and HOT-ROX to Spike.

On a slightly off-topic question, I have not picked up any of the mags in quite a while (since most of the routines I have seen in there seem to be kinda kooky, to say the least). What do you usually find to be the biggest benefit you get out of them? When I did read them, I would sometimes find myself challenged to lift harder, train better, etc., but I find a lot of that has since been replaced by what I read on-line.

I have never read those mags for routine advice, even when I was a teenager. I would read the articles supposedly written by pro’s, however, it was common sense to me that I shouldn’t be training exactly like Mr. Olympia if I was a beginner when I started. I would read them to learn what exercises they liked (like Lee Haney’s preference for T-bar rows instead of deadlifts), but to do exactly what they did in the gym. My understandong of what to actually do was shaped by watching the big guys in my gym (who would actually be smaller than me now). My first routine that I ever followed was from a box of Cybergenics. From that point, I put together my own routines.

As far as why I read them then and why I read them now…it is for the inspiration. There was a very long time where the freaks had simply taken over. I lost interest because I don’t want to look like Markus Rhul. That seems to be ending and probably began once they started putting Troy Alves and Darrem Charles back on the covers of magazines. With new pro Phil heath suddenly being the subject of interest, it would seem they are moving back to physiques that I actually want to look like.

While I may like working on size and like simply being big and strong, eventually I will diet down and those guys are who I model myself after (genetic differences not withstanding).[/quote]

Darrem Charles is the man. I know he will never win the Olympia, but he has the best current physique IMO.

D

[quote]facko wrote:
I still really dont get it. I thought ephedrine is legal again. Why wont any supplement companies touch it? IMO, it makes no sense to make another fat burner by Biotest if it doesnt contain ephedrine. We already have a non ephedrine fat burner.[/quote]

HOT-ROX works through preserving muscle. Therefore, fat loss may be a bit slower or overall weight is reduced by less than a stimulant oriented fat burner.

A more “stimulant-oriented” fat burner will give the “burn everything” effect, but give greater results in overall weight loss at a faster rate.
There are stimulants out there (legal) that can do this.

[quote]facko wrote:
I still really dont get it. I thought ephedrine is legal again. Why wont any supplement companies touch it? IMO, it makes no sense to make another fat burner by Biotest if it doesnt contain ephedrine. We already have a non ephedrine fat burner.[/quote]

Look hard enough, and you’ll find fat-burning supps with ephedrine in them being sold on the net.

I kno that ephedrine and ephedrine containing fat burners are available on the internet…but why not in stores anymore…its legal again.

[quote]facko wrote:
I kno that ephedrine and ephedrine containing fat burners are available on the internet…but why not in stores anymore…its legal again.[/quote]

dude, people will fucking overdose on tylenol and aspirin. I really don’t see a point in putting strong stimulants up on the shelves for people to find a new way to fuck things up again.

this is the story behind all great supplements once banned, because some loser like me decided he wanted results overnight so he took five times the recommended dose.

[quote]facko wrote:
I kno that ephedrine and ephedrine containing fat burners are available on the internet…but why not in stores anymore…its legal again.[/quote]

The online bulky place I usually order ephedrine from says the government has ordered it off the market for relabeling, but that it will be back fairly soon with new labels/warnings/indications. I don’t know if it will be included in fat burners, though.