T Nation

Spike Shooter

I see an 8ml bottle of liquid Spike avertised in one of the magazines. Is this product actually available, and if so, what does it taste like? Is it comparable to the many similar energy drinks on the market in taste?

There has been some talk about these ads and the ones for the new MD-6 lately, but there seems to be nothing other than advertisements. No actual products to be seen.

What’s MD6? Was that the predecessor of HOT-ROX?

[quote]Panther1015 wrote:
What’s MD6? Was that the predecessor of HOT-ROX?[/quote]

Yup, it’s heyday was 5-6 years ago.

[quote]Panther1015 wrote:
What’s MD6? Was that the predecessor of HOT-ROX?[/quote]

TC mentioned that they’re re-releasing it as a stimulant-free fat burner.

[quote]Soldierslim wrote:
Panther1015 wrote:

TC mentioned that they’re re-releasing it as a stimulant-free fat burner.[/quote]

I think you mis-understood TC, b/c MD6 is definitely NOT stimulant free.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
Soldierslim wrote:
Panther1015 wrote:

I think you mis-understood TC, b/c MD6 is definitely NOT stimulant free.[/quote]

You guys keep teasing with this info. When are we going to get actual answers on what is going on?

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
Soldierslim wrote:
Panther1015 wrote:

I think you mis-understood TC, b/c MD6 is definitely NOT stimulant free.[/quote]

I stand corrected.

[quote]Deinabolic wrote:
Panther1015 wrote:

Yup, it’s heyday was 5-6 years ago.

[/quote]

So what will its role in the Biotest product line be now that we have HOT-ROX? Seems like those two supps will compete against or at least overlap each other.

Yea this is pissing me off…i brought this up in another thread a while ago. Yet its like no Biotest reps want to comment on it. MD6 was an ephedrine based fat burner…flex magazine had ads on it…and from what i gathered…Biotest is bringing it back. Will it contain ephedrine? I sure fucking hope so…but i doubt it. I can’t see what it wouldnt tho…i mean i thought ephedrine was legal.

[quote]Soldierslim wrote:
TC mentioned that they’re re-releasing it as a stimulant-free fat burner.[/quote]

I think Tim made a comment about introducing a form of HOT-ROX that is tuned for stimulant-sensitive individuals.

Info from Tim on MD6

[quote]Tim Patterson wrote:
The new MD6 will not contain ephedra or norephedrine. So, from that regard, it’s different. It will, however, contain the most potent, adrenergic-based compounds for fat loss I know of. From that sense, it’s on par with the old MD6.

The old MD6 was designed to maximize fat loss via adrenoreceptor activation and inhibition. This approach is highly effective and to some, feels – stimulant-wise – like riding motocross without shocks on your bike. It’s also very economical.

Today we have advanced compounds that when combined – HOT-ROX, for example – create a more elegant and effective approach for losing fat. However, this type of formulation is more complex and more expensive to produce.

The new MD6 may not be quite as effective as HOT-ROX, but it will blow away every other competitor on the market, it’s less expensive, and, importantly, it can be stacked with everything but Spike and HOT-ROX.[/quote]

As far as when it will be released???

[quote]xjayx300 wrote:
Info from Tim on MD6

Tim Patterson wrote:
The new MD6 will not contain ephedra or norephedrine. So, from that regard, it’s different. It will, however, contain the most potent, adrenergic-based compounds for fat loss I know of. From that sense, it’s on par with the old MD6.

The old MD6 was designed to maximize fat loss via adrenoreceptor activation and inhibition. This approach is highly effective and to some, feels – stimulant-wise – like riding motocross without shocks on your bike. It’s also very economical.

Today we have advanced compounds that when combined – HOT-ROX, for example – create a more elegant and effective approach for losing fat. However, this type of formulation is more complex and more expensive to produce.

The new MD6 may not be quite as effective as HOT-ROX, but it will blow away every other competitor on the market, it’s less expensive, and, importantly, it can be stacked with everything but Spike and HOT-ROX.

As far as when it will be released???

Tim Patterson
05/17/06
01:43 PM
Colorado, USA

MD6 will be in stock in about three weeks.
[/quote]

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1054351&pageNo=3

Post a photo of the ad, I’d like to see it.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
Post a photo of the ad, I’d like to see it.[/quote]

Pick up the new Flex magazine. There are several ads from MD6 and Hot-Rox to Spike.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
PGA200X wrote:

Pick up the new Flex magazine. There are several ads from MD6 and HOT-ROX to Spike.[/quote]

Whos on the cover?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
PGA200X wrote:

Pick up the new Flex magazine. There are several ads from MD6 and HOT-ROX to Spike.[/quote]

On a slightly off-topic question, I have not picked up any of the mags in quite a while (since most of the routines I have seen in there seem to be kinda kooky, to say the least). What do you usually find to be the biggest benefit you get out of them? When I did read them, I would sometimes find myself challenged to lift harder, train better, etc., but I find a lot of that has since been replaced by what I read on-line.

Interesting, haven’t seen the ad on the shooter, but that would be nice on sleepy motorcycle ride day…Booom ready to tear it up!!!

As for the magazines like FLEX, I get them for the whole bodybuilding life style. I read that sucker front to back just to see whats going on with the pro’s, any lifting routines that are different than my own, different exercises I’ve never seen, and nutritional advise. I mean I don’t do everything they say, but try to find an adaption to the real world of my own programs.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
Professor X wrote:
PGA200X wrote:

Pick up the new Flex magazine. There are several ads from MD6 and HOT-ROX to Spike.

Whos on the cover?[/quote]

Phil Heath.

[quote]Kuz wrote:
Professor X wrote:
PGA200X wrote:

Pick up the new Flex magazine. There are several ads from MD6 and HOT-ROX to Spike.

On a slightly off-topic question, I have not picked up any of the mags in quite a while (since most of the routines I have seen in there seem to be kinda kooky, to say the least). What do you usually find to be the biggest benefit you get out of them? When I did read them, I would sometimes find myself challenged to lift harder, train better, etc., but I find a lot of that has since been replaced by what I read on-line.[/quote]

I have never read those mags for routine advice, even when I was a teenager. I would read the articles supposedly written by pro’s, however, it was common sense to me that I shouldn’t be training exactly like Mr. Olympia if I was a beginner when I started. I would read them to learn what exercises they liked (like Lee Haney’s preference for T-bar rows instead of deadlifts), but to do exactly what they did in the gym. My understandong of what to actually do was shaped by watching the big guys in my gym (who would actually be smaller than me now). My first routine that I ever followed was from a box of Cybergenics. From that point, I put together my own routines.

As far as why I read them then and why I read them now…it is for the inspiration. There was a very long time where the freaks had simply taken over. I lost interest because I don’t want to look like Markus Rhul. That seems to be ending and probably began once they started putting Troy Alves and Darrem Charles back on the covers of magazines. With new pro Phil heath suddenly being the subject of interest, it would seem they are moving back to physiques that I actually want to look like.

While I may like working on size and like simply being big and strong, eventually I will diet down and those guys are who I model myself after (genetic differences not withstanding).