Spike Shooter Vs. Regular Spike

Spike Shooter contains 25,000% of the RDA of B-12 and almost 4x as much Caffeine as a Red Bull. Is that why the shooter feels so much more intense than the pills? Anybody else notice a huge difference between the feel of the two products.

Think its the caffeine and/or B-12 that make the difference?

What does drinking 4 Red Bulls feel like?

With 27g of sugar each, you’d probably get a pretty big energy crash shortly after drinking them.

A Spike Shooter has less caffeine than a small coffee at Starbucks:

http://www.cspinet.org/nah/caffeine/caffeine_corner.htm

It’s not the caffeine that works so well. It’s the other ingredients, too. A shooter is an easy for for many of us to do what have been doing for years - having some coffee with our Power Drive. B12 + caffeine + l-tyrosine = great kick in the ass.

Red Bull gives me a nasty initial buzz, then I crash. I don’t like it very much.

Oddly, the Spike Shooter doesn’t seem to strong to me (although I have a pretty strong reaction to the tablets, even to the caffeine-free ones), but it does keep me awake even if I’m half-dead.

The Shooter seems to stimulate almost exclusively the body. The Caffeine-Free Spike seems to stimulate almost exclusively the mind. The regular Spike tablets seem to be somewhere in between. YMMV

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
A Spike Shooter has less caffeine than a small coffee at Starbucks:

http://www.cspinet.org/nah/caffeine/caffeine_corner.htm

It’s not the caffeine that works so well. It’s the other ingredients, too. A shooter is an easy for for many of us to do what have been doing for years - having some coffee with our Power Drive. B12 + caffeine + l-tyrosine = great kick in the ass.[/quote]

It has 300mg. The small coffee at Starbucks is 250mg.

Starbucks coffee is also known to have as much as twice the caffeine as regular coffee.

I’m pretty insensitive to caffeine anyway, and Spike still gets me going, so you’re right about the other ingredients making it work so well.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:

Starbucks coffee is also known to have as much as twice the caffeine as regular coffee.[/quote]

I take it you don’t go to Starbucks. Starbucks has three sizes - tall, grande, venti. These are their names for small, medium, and large.

The short is an “off-menu” size. Thus, it’s not a “small.” More like an “extra-small.”

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
SWR-1240 wrote:

Starbucks coffee is also known to have as much as twice the caffeine as regular coffee.

I take it you don’t go to Starbucks. Starbucks has three sizes - tall, grande, venti. These are their names for small, medium, and large.

The short is an “off-menu” size. Thus, it’s not a “small.” More like an “extra-small.”
[/quote]

Didn’t know that. I actually have gone quite a few times these past couple of months, and I ordered a small a couple times, and a medium one time.

The girl behind the counter never corrected me, and I guess she knew what I meant (plus, it wasn’t in a big city where I’d be more prone to getting corrected I think).

Still though, I think 300mg is a lot of caffeine.

Some people get a kick from a caffeinated, diet soda, which is a lot less by comparison.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:

Some people get a kick from a caffeinated, diet soda, which is a lot less by comparison.[/quote]

And some people don’t feel anything from 300 mg caffeine.

It’s all relative

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:

Some people get a kick from a caffeinated, diet soda, which is a lot less by comparison.[/quote]

I don’t drink any caffeine other than what’s in decaf coffee. (I used to be an addict, so I quit as a test of will.) I have been using Spike Shooters lately - about 1/3 to 1/2 at a time. Anything more than that and I’d tweak out.

Thing is, guys who don’t use much caffeine are the exception. So for many, 300 mg is just enough to get them hopped up.

My initial point was that the “large” amount of caffeine is not what makes the Shooters hop. It helps, sure, but if you took out the l-tyrosine and B12, you wouldn’t have much other than “small” Starbucks.

Again, too, you can get a nice thing going on if you “stack” Power Drive with a “small” Starbucks. People have been doing that since Power Drive came out, and it works like a charm. I had to pull a couple of all-nighters last week, and that’s what I used to keep me sharp.

I just tried my first Spike Shooter this morning. I bought it from a 7-11 nearby where I live and the guy behind the counter shook his head at me and said “Be Careful with this. I also need to see some I.D.” I showed it to him and he said no, it has to come out; then had to scan it. (I’m 21 btw)

I was pretty amazed at the amount of restrictions these stores are putting on this drink. But I guess all the media buzz about it has created a little bit of controversy with all the HS kids overdoing it, etc.

Anyways, I worked a 7-4 shift this morning, and felt great the entire day. This drink is awesome and will be ordering a case very soon. I have used the Spike tabs before and would rather go with the shooters, and possibly purchase the caffeine free version tablets as well.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
And some people don’t feel anything from 300 mg caffeine.

It’s all relative[/quote]

Actually, I thought that only 50% of the caffeine in a cup of coffee actually ever makes it to the blood stream.

I’ve been told that the caffeine in many supplements is a different grade and doesn’t get digested as much, and the end result is that more of the caffeine makes it to the blood stream thereby making the user “feel” it more as compared to the standard caffeine in the coffee.

[quote]Dominator wrote:I’ve been told that the caffeine in many supplements is a different grade and doesn’t get digested as much, and the end result is that more of the caffeine makes it to the blood stream thereby making the user “feel” it more as compared to the standard caffeine in the coffee.
[/quote]

I have a feeling you have a typo in there as it doesn’t make sense.

Regardless, caffeine is caffeine. There might be subtle differences between sources, but it’s no where near the extent you’ve indicated.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
I have a feeling you have a typo in there as it doesn’t make sense.

Regardless, caffeine is caffeine. There might be subtle differences between sources, but it’s no where near the extent you’ve indicated.[/quote]

No typo…I just heard this coming from a drug testing issue.

The caffeine in mgs from a cup of coffee will drop to about half when it finally get to the blood stream 45-60 minutes after ingestion, so a 300 mg cup of coffee would equal to 150 mg for testing purposes.

What was said is that this isn’t the case with other supplements containing other grades of caffeine. I’m not sure what the conversion difference is, but there’s a difference.

It’s said that it would take ingestion of 1000 mgs of coffee (about 8 cups within one hour of a drug test) to fail a test, but other athletes have failed from as little as 350 mgs when ingesting supplements containing caffeine.

[quote]Dominator wrote:
The caffeine in mgs from a cup of coffee will drop to about half when it finally get to the blood stream 45-60 minutes after ingestion, so a 300 mg cup of coffee would equal to 150 mg for testing purposes. [/quote]

I don’t believe this to be true as caffeine is readily absorbed in the body.

You’re going to have to show some credible references on this for it to be considered anything more than another myth.

I was just thinking of posting a Spike vs Spike, Shooter vs tabs kinda thing. Lo and behold it been done before.

But what I noticed lacking is discussion about uses for different reasons. I for one, now know you should not take Spike tabs before running, not without giving it some time to digest, becase it turns into puke spatter. Spike Shooters are much nicer.

I’m not sure if it’s just the speed of digestion or something else but the Spike Shooter seems to be the best for lifting too, for me at least. I just feel a lot more stimulated physically with the Spike Shooters, but that feeling does not last as long.

The Spike tabs shine when it come to driving all night long or taking a school exam in the morning. The “flow” as Shugart put it just lasts longer but not at the same intensity (also has temporarily knocked down a cold, or at least diminished my perception of the symptoms).

Also, I don’t think Power Drive should be considered a stimulant, especially not compared to Spike. But Power Drive is a nice blend of nootropics that had a positive impact on both my grades and lifts…until I ran out.
-That guy who says the wierdest things.