T Nation

Spike or Power Drive

I was just wondering, If i were to only buy one, what would be the better purchase? Caffeine-free Spike or Power Drive? Also, I still have almost a full bottle of NO-Splode left. It doesn’t give me explosive shits, so what the hell should I do with it? Is it still not worth taking? What other reasons do the members here have for not liking it?

If I were to use only one, it would be neither of those but rather Spike Shooter. In fact though I use Power Drive followed by Spike Shooter. Very effective.

1.) Listen to Bill Roberts
2.) Loose the NO Explode; its a waste
3.) If your looking to save a few bucks; snag the Spike pills instead of the Shooters.

I like the Shooters more though; Orange Gold. (More like Orange ‘Oragsm for your mouth’) {no homo}

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
If I were to use only one, it would be neither of those but rather Spike Shooter. In fact thought I use Power Drive followed by Spike Shooter. Very effective.[/quote]

Definitely,
The combination of the neurotransmitters / precursors, choline and DMAE coupled with the stimulants of the Spike would lead to some pretty interesting neural excitation.

A nootropic or two, maybe some policosanol would be a very potent stack

I prefer Spike Shotgun (Orange Gold rocks!) with 1 or 2 Caffeine-Free Spike tablets.

Incredible combination.

I really couldn’t feel anything from Power Drive or the caffeine free Spike. Now, though I didn’t feel anything from Power Drive, the fact that it’s ingredients help with neural recovery is enough reason to take it over the Caffeine-Free Spike, especially for the price.

Regular Spike, now that stuff I dig, lights a fire under my ass for sure. Given it’s price, its the best bang for the buck in my opinion of the given choices.

I’d love to stack Spike pills with Caffeine-Free Spike and Power Drive for pre-workout or study purposes.

Will try this and report back before I head over to other nootropics.

[quote]Chip Duglass wrote:
I really couldn’t feel anything from Power Drive or the caffeine free Spike. Now, though I didn’t feel anything from Power Drive, the fact that it’s ingredients help with neural recovery is enough reason to take it over the Caffeine-Free Spike, especially for the price.

Regular Spike, now that stuff I dig, lights a fire under my ass for sure. Given it’s price, its the best bang for the buck in my opinion of the given choices.[/quote]

I think some people tend to forget that you need a little caffeine, or some other stimulant, to serve as a catalyst for Caffeine-Free Spike.

Either Tim or TC discussed that this product was developed so that users can take it in conjunction with other sources of caffeine. I don’t believe it was ever meant to be used in the absence of caffeine.

The addition of any CNS stimulant to Power Drive will potentiate its effects. Think of it like this, the ingredients in Power Drive will provide your CNS with the raw ingrients to increase excitability, the addition of a stimulant (such as caffeine, yohimbine etc etc) will help to release the efficacy of the raw materials and increase neural activation.

Try some policosanol too! Not ony could it have beneficial effects on cholesterol and atherosclerosis, but it may help modulate and release Acetlycholine across the NMJ which could increase excitability

Thanks for the input guys, I will probably get the Power Drive to help with CNS recovery, that was one thing I didn’t think about. I’ve got a full school schedule so hopefully it will make sure my workouts don’t suffer, and maybe it will even help me study.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
I’d love to stack Spike pills with Caffeine-Free Spike and Power Drive for pre-workout or study purposes.

Will try this and report back before I head over to other nootropics.[/quote]

Let me know how that works, especially with the studying. Nice avatar by the way, I have a thing for Monica Bellucci.