Spike Opinions?

[quote]TC wrote:
I can certainly mention yohimbine-free Spike capsules to Tim.

But as you know, it all comes down to what we perceive the demand to be. Case in point, when we first came out with Metabolic Drive protein, we got all kinds of requests for different flavors, including mango. So we made a boatload of Mango flavored MD, but the only person who ended up ordering it was some guy named Mango Jerry from Akron.

Okay I’m kidding, but you get the point.[/quote]

Hello, TC-

So Mango flavored Metabolic Drive is to Chocolate flavored Metabolic Drive what yohimbine-free Spike is to yohimbine-containing Spike?

The analogy is not that extreme I take it, but apparently the disparity was quite significant.

[quote]TC wrote:
So we made a boatload of Mango flavored MD, but the only person who ended up ordering it was some guy named Mango Jerry from Akron. [/quote]
i actually lol’d pretty good from this one.

[quote]opeth7opeth wrote:

[quote]TC wrote:
I can certainly mention yohimbine-free Spike capsules to Tim.

But as you know, it all comes down to what we perceive the demand to be. Case in point, when we first came out with Metabolic Drive protein, we got all kinds of requests for different flavors, including mango. So we made a boatload of Mango flavored MD, but the only person who ended up ordering it was some guy named Mango Jerry from Akron.

Okay I’m kidding, but you get the point.[/quote]

Hello, TC-

So Mango flavored Metabolic Drive is to Chocolate flavored Metabolic Drive what yohimbine-free Spike is to yohimbine-containing Spike?

The analogy is not that extreme I take it, but apparently the disparity was quite significant.
[/quote]

Nah, just making a point that we need to determine demand before we start offering multiple formulas.

TC, I noted that the Plazma RTDs are no longer in the store. : (
Hopefully that product wasn’t one of those “Mango flavored Metabolic Drive”!!

One of my favorite supplements ever was the original Spike capsule.

[quote]swalg25 wrote:
One of my favorite supplements ever was the original Spike capsule.[/quote]

My prejudicial conjecture is that all who tried the original nano-dispersion gel capsules would not wish to mess with success.

TC; How hard can it be? Yohimbine-free Spike and Spike containing-yohimbine- Spike?
Two different capsules for two different groups of people. Would it be that big of a deal?
Maybe Tim would be surprised to see the high demand and the sell of the Yohimbine-free out selling the Spike containing Yohimbine.

I know for sure I and a lot of my friends used the Yohimbine free version in the daytime for the focus at our jobs and than took another right before working out. That stuff was my favorite with awesome benefits. I know there are a lot of people out there taking pre-workout energy drinks, not just Spike. With the Yohimbine-free Spike, that was all I needed for great focus and the energy for a great workout!!
I think this is something to consider.

[quote]duke6j wrote:
TC; How hard can it be? Yohimbine-free Spike and Spike containing-yohimbine- Spike?
Two different capsules for two different groups of people. Would it be that big of a deal?
Maybe Tim would be surprised to see the high demand and the sell of the Yohimbine-free out selling the Spike containing Yohimbine.
I know for sure I and a lot of my friends used the Yohimbine free version in the daytime for the focus at our jobs and than took another right before working out. That stuff was my favorite with awesome benefits. I know there are a lot of people out there taking pre-workout energy drinks, not just Spike. With the Yohimbine-free Spike, that was all I needed for great focus and the energy for a great workout!!
I think this is something to consider.[/quote]

Hey, duke6j-

TC wrote this in response to my querulousness:

I am completely gobsmacked that the original Spike gets thrown overboard despite losing by a nose in the demanding monetary race.

I also vote for yohimbe free Spike. I like stimulants and tolerate them well except for yohimbe which makes me absolutely sick.

[quote]opeth7opeth wrote:

[quote]duke6j wrote:
I think this is something to consider.[/quote]

Hey, duke6j-

TC wrote this in response to my querulousness:

I am completely gobsmacked that the original Spike gets thrown overboard despite losing by a nose in the demanding monetary race.

[/quote]

I suppose there are good business reasons. It’s just hard for me to imagine that men who have written about their original Spike experiences (e.g., TC, Tim Patterson, Chris Shugart) actually think the yohimbine form is superior to the very first Spike.

[quote]as wrote:
I also vote for yohimbe free Spike. I like stimulants and tolerate them well except for yohimbe which makes me absolutely sick.[/quote]

For many, yohimbine is the dead fly that causes the ointment of the apothecary to send forth a stinking savour.

To this day I have tried all kinds of different pre-workout stimulants and never found any to work as good as the original nano-dispersion Spike without yohimbine in it. I just can not imagine anyone coming home from a hard day of work and taking a Spike capsule or two on the way to the gym at 6pm. If I did that I wouldn’t be able to go to sleep until 2pm and then have to get up at 5 or 6 in the morning to get to work. Talk about sleep deprived!! After a week of this I would not want to train until I had more sleep.
I guess most guys take this when they train in the morning or afternoon, but I feel most people with work and school train at night.

I agree all of us want to get the most out of our workouts, but the advantage I and many other guys found that not only Spike without yohimbine was great for workouts but ALSO great for the sharp focus it produced throughout the day, weather at work or at play. Tasks that I did on Spike without yohimbine felt like I was back in kinder garden. Everything just was so sharp and clear things that once slowed me down were now child’s play. I kicked ass at work in everything and felt good all day. I remember when it first came out I read it had an 8 hour life span.

[quote]duke6j wrote:
To this day I have tried all kinds of different pre-workout stimulants and never found any to work as good as the original nano-dispersion Spike without yohimbine in it. I just can not imagine anyone coming home from a hard day of work and taking a Spike capsule or two on the way to the gym at 6pm. If I did that I wouldn’t be able to go to sleep until 2pm and then have to get up at 5 or 6 in the morning to get to work. Talk about sleep deprived!! After a week of this I would not want to train until I had more sleep.
I guess most guys take this when they train in the morning or afternoon, but I feel most people with work and school train at night.

I agree all of us want to get the most out of our workouts, but the advantage I and many other guys found that not only Spike without yohimbine was great for workouts but ALSO great for the sharp focus it produced throughout the day, weather at work or at play. Tasks that I did on Spike without yohimbine felt like I was back in kinder garden. Everything just was so sharp and clear things that once slowed me down were now child’s play. I kicked ass at work in everything and felt good all day. I remember when it first came out I read it had an 8 hour life span.[/quote]

How many here at T-Nation have tried the original nano-dispersion Spike? Let’s bring it back.

I always thought the original nano-dispersion (yellow capsules) Spike was unlike anything before it and was the very best I had ever tried. I always ordered it and it became a staple in my supplement lineup.
I know things change and a certain demand must be met, and taken advantage of, or someone else will supply the product. This is business 101. But that original Spike really kicked butt and I truly miss it.
Maybe more people who tried it can voice their opinion and the results they received when taking it, and if they still miss taking it.

Spike is my $h!t butttt i limited my intake since doing more than 2 a day at times started to increase anxiety with me

Bring it back!

[quote]swalg25 wrote:
Bring it back![/quote]

They won’t bring it back.

The original nano-dispersion (yellow capsules) Spike was unlike anything I experienced before it and was the very best I had ever tried in my opinion. I found that the focus was unlike anything I experienced before that, and the energy was as they stated “a nice clean burn” feeling. No hyper jitters at all.

I have a little thought in the back of my head that the main ingredient may have gone up in price and can’t be obtained as easily as before. Maybe that had something to do with changing the formula. The new formula must be a good seller. It’s a shame they can’t return to the original.

Guys at work and guys at the guy loved those yellow capsules.
If anyone out there had the advantage of trying them, you know exactly what I mean.

Noticed that spike tablets are back in bottles now. Any reason for this? Is the formula any different ?

I agree it would be nice to have the original Spike back without yohimbine.
The old formula was like nothing else and was my go to for focus and energy.