Spike... Let's Be Serious...

Definitely works on this end.

I prefer Spike for mind dominant activities and Power Drive for body dominant activities.

If I want a competitive edge or a bit more drive in a competition, I’ll Spike.

If I feel like my body needs a bit more kick I’ll Power Drive.

I’ll mix them together CAREFULLY and timed right when I need both.

I also take it for big studies and when I need a quick boost.

Sundays are big Spike days for me. At about 1 I’ll take a 30 minute nap and take a Spike right before. Wake up ready for the night to get my work for the week done.

I’ve tried to explain how it works for me before.

Basically, I find it lowers the “energy barrier” needed to tackle or complete tasks.

So, whether on the job or around the home, I find it can make me extra productive, such that I want to get a whole bunch of stuff done – which is awesome!

Others have described it in the past as making you “normal” when you would instead be dead tired due to lack of sleep or something.

However, if you are 17, you should really just focus on eating well and lifting hard. Honestly, there is no magic pill that can do the work for you.

Learn how to do it yourself, then supplements can “supplement” your efforts.

Various staples like Metabolic Drive, Surge and Flameout wouldn’t hurt if you are just trying to optimize some nutritional factors.

I like Spike, it’s helped me surive tests that I don’t start studying for until the night before.

Procrastination and chemical ehancers for the win.

ECA works pretty well too, but I prefer Spike.

I’m just poor and ECA is cheaper.

Spike works great for me the first week and then I do not feel anything. I take a few weeks off and then it’s ok. Just my experience. Everyone is different.

I like Spike!

Seriously.

Everbody that I’ve given it to also likes it. The most common response is “whoa, that is some weird shit! Is that legal? Lemme see the bottle! where’d you get that?”.

It’s realy pretty funny.

Spike keeps me alert and productive, I work long hours, usually at least 14 hours a day and at times my work can be very tedious, very mentally draining. It makes it hard to fit in training when I just want to collapes after my hour long commute and just sleep till it’s time to get up and start all over again. Spike makes those long hours bearable in ways that caffeine couldn’t.

No jitters, just a very strong, very immediate sense of hmmm, engagement with the world? Not sure how to explain it but I seem to think faster and more clearly and when I do sleep, I sleep a deep restful sleep and feel rejuvinated after about 6 hours on average.

Totally independant of my experiences, my wife, who’s always looking for free shit online, got some sample of Spike, not realizing I was already taking it. She started taking it before work and came to me all happy and suprised at how good she felt all day long.

My experience has been that the initial sensation seems to ‘dull’ after a couple of weeks but the actual effects dont’ diminish, I’m thinking that this effect is simply a result of your mind and body becoming used to the new heightened state, the actual effects don’t seem to dull at all though, just shock of how it makes you feel.

My experience is entirely annecdotal but it is personal testimonial. And I don’t care if that’s ‘pimping’ for Biotest or not, out of all of the suppliments I’ve tried none so far have beat Biotest products in the catagories in which they directly complete. I can’t stand the taste of any other low carb protein powder now for example and HOT-ROX just blows everything post-ephedrine away.

[quote]TC wrote:
If it ever really gets to that point, it’s time for us to close up shop and become florists.[/quote]

Holy shit that would be cool!! I could finally order something for my wife at T-Nation.

Flowers need protein too…

[quote]TC wrote:

Is it really getting to the point where people are afraid to say something good about a supplement, lest they be branded a “pimp” or a “loyalist”?

[/quote]

TC, it has gotten to that point, however, when someone wants to say something good about a competitive product. I realize that this is Biotest’s site, but people do get the shit flamed out of them when they post positive comments about other brands.

I happen to be in Canada, and am addicted to Metabolic Drive bars. I certainly hope the Chocolate Chunk and the Peanut Butter bars return, I haven’t tried the new Rocky Road yet. But I found that the shipping costs plus duty and taxes and shit made buying tubs of Grow! just too gawdamn expensive for me. I may be suffering in the quality department with the whey protein powder I buy locally, but that’s just the tradeoff I have to make.

Since the Canadian $ is worthless compared to the US $, and we pay huge shipping costs as well as the aforementioned duty, taxes ( plus 'ur parts and labour, as my buddy used to say… ) some of us have to think carefully, how much we can afford to invest in suppliments, and where we have to cut corners.

I am proud to be a Canadian, but if i lived in the States, I’d probably spend a lot more on Biotest products.

|/ 3Toes

[quote]The3toedSloth wrote:
TC, it has gotten to that point, however, when someone wants to say something good about a competitive product. I realize that this is Biotest’s site, but people do get the shit flamed out of them when they post positive comments about other brands.

I happen to be in Canada, and am addicted to Metabolic Drive bars. I certainly hope the Chocolate Chunk and the Peanut Butter bars return, I haven’t tried the new Rocky Road yet. But I found that the shipping costs plus duty and taxes and shit made buying tubs of Grow! just too gawdamn expensive for me. I may be suffering in the quality department with the whey protein powder I buy locally, but that’s just the tradeoff I have to make.

Since the Canadian $ is worthless compared to the US $, and we pay huge shipping costs as well as the aforementioned duty, taxes ( plus 'ur parts and labour, as my buddy used to say… ) some of us have to think carefully, how much we can afford to invest in suppliments, and where we have to cut corners.

I am proud to be a Canadian, but if i lived in the States, I’d probably spend a lot more on Biotest products.

|/ 3Toes

[/quote]

Simple solution: Move.

[quote]dr stig wrote:
I recently purchased some Spike here in the UK, and it cost nearly 50 quid. But its much better value in the US by the looks. [/quote]

Try US E-bay. I buy mine for about 30 quid including P+P and it takes only five days to arrive!!!

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
I like Spike!

Seriously.

Everbody that I’ve given it to also likes it. The most common response is “whoa, that is some weird shit! Is that legal? Lemme see the bottle! where’d you get that?”.

It’s realy pretty funny.
[/quote]

You have friends that will take a yellow pill you give them without seeing the bottle or even knowing if it is legal or not?

[quote]jofjltn4 wrote:
SkyzykS wrote:
I like Spike!

Seriously.

It’s realy pretty funny.

You have friends that will take a yellow pill you give them without seeing the bottle or even knowing if it is legal or not?[/quote]

Dude, have you been to high school?

Does absolutely nothing that a multivitamin and a caffeine pill won’t do, IMO.

I believe in (and use) every other Biotest product, although I have never tried Carbolin 19 or the new formulation of HOT-ROX. The only non-Biotest supps I use are greens+ and fish oil.

I don’t get alot from Spike.I think it is way over rated.My focus is better but it doesn’t do what I thought it would do for my energy.

It’s a great “once-in-a-while” supp, IMHO.

College student? Finals week? perfect.

Crunch time at work? perfect.

Athletic competition? perfect.

I’ve also experienced a quick tolerance to it, and almost a “dependency” after only a few days. For me, Spike is a special occasion supp.

I use Spike 4 to 5 days a week and love it. I have no letdown I days I don’t use it, either.

Two Spike pills split up (one first thing in the morning and another an hour after lunch) work best for me. Two at a time seems to give me a slight nervous feeling and makes me feel a little uncoordinated.

[quote]knewsom wrote:
It’s a great “once-in-a-while” supp, IMHO.

College student? Finals week? perfect.

Crunch time at work? perfect.

Athletic competition? perfect.

I’ve also experienced a quick tolerance to it, and almost a “dependency” after only a few days. For me, Spike is a special occasion supp.[/quote]

This is exactly how I use it. For instance, last week I had an enormous project due for school. On a few of the heavier-workload days (for instance, 4 hours of class followed by 8 hours in the lab, then 4 or so more hours of working on the project at home) I’d take 2 Spike tablets and get right on it. I’m most productive when using Spike.

The project was due Saturday morning, so I was in the lab for 4 hours Friday evening, followed by 13 hours of working at home Friday night/early Saturday morning (finished at 7), a 2 hour break, and then 6 hours of printing parts/recording/mixing (I’m a composer). So essentially from 2 pm on Friday until 3 pm on Saturday (25 hours straight) I was going constantly. I had 2 Spikes Friday before it started, and 1 right before the session. And I went home and slept for 14 hours. LOL

Not the best thing to do for my physique goals, obviously, but Spike got me through it, I have no doubt about it.

And, yes, I am a Biotest pimp. And whore.

I bought my first bottle of Spike a few weeks ago. I can only say it is pure focus in a pill for me. I get distracted quite easily, but when I take it I finish any task I start.

I’ve also always been a non-responder to substances like this. Caffine does nothing for me, Power Drive has been ineffective, and so have other products I’ve tried. Spike is a winner to me.

Just try it and get your money back if it does not work.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
The3toedSloth wrote:

|/ 3Toes

Simple solution: Move.[/quote]

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Is there some sort of “most moronic post of the year” award on this site.