Spike, Hot-Rox, and Glycogen

does anyone else notice that the caffeine in these supplements interferes with glycogen replenishment?

I notice I cant regain my glycogen fully when Im taking any supps with caffeine.

How do you remedy this?

I’m having a similar problem; I’ve found it useful to cycle them in sync with my carbohydrate/fat cycling…Are you trying to cut weight? Some “flatness” is to be expected, obviously.

actually ive been trying to refeed for a few days and find that I cant fill out. I was like wtf, then I thought about caffeines effect on glycogen, and problems I had when I drank to much coffee.

I am getting ready to commit to dropping some more BF. I was just having fun with Carbolin 19 and my workouts so ive been eating more carbs freely.

So based on your experienc you would say only take them on lower carb days get off them when I want to carb up a bit?

WATER DRINK!!! You may be getting a bit dehydrated from the caff.

for every gram of glycogen we store approx 3 grams of water with it thats what is really filling you out DRINK!!!

Phill

Good point with the water. But you still need the extra carbs to carry the water into the muscle.

Basically, don’t do any glycogen depleting cardio for a while while cycling carbs up. Stick with hard, short workouts. I’ll cycle up for three or four days and then back down. Step down the dosage of the caffeine in tandem. Also, creatine is helpful and doesn’t interfere with Spike.

IMO extremely low carb diets aren’t helpful in the long term…cycling your macronutrients is the way to go.

I highly doubt there’s enough caffeine in either of those supplements to really interfere. I mean, isn’t there only like the equivalent to a small cup of coffee in them? I know caffeine can have this effect, but I thought it was in higher doses.

I seem to remember someone asked Cy Willson about this and he said there wasn’t enough caffeine in them to worry about glycogen replenishment.

I’ve never had a problem filling out with carbs while using either of them. Not saying you aren’t, I know we’re two different people…

[quote]Phill wrote:
WATER DRINK!!! You may be getting a bit dehydrated from the caff.

for every gram of glycogen we store approx 3 grams of water with it thats what is really filling you out DRINK!!!

Phill[/quote]

Good call. This might be the simple solution.