T Nation

Spike Energy Drink

Asked this awhile ago but never got an answer...love the Spike Shooters but going to try the regular 16 oz now. Is it bad to take it as a pre workout? Thoughts?

Short answer: it depends on your tolerance to stimulants. If you’re very sensitive it’s going to make you shake like a crack addict coming down off a 3 day bender and you might just shit yourself in the gym.

If you’re not very sensitive you might not even notice.

The shooters contain 300mg of caffeine. If my memory serves me well, the 16oz version barely surpasses this amount but contains almost twice the amount of liquid.

I don’t know about you, but a stomach full of liquid isn’t my favorite thing while working out. My suggestion is to stick with the shooters.

In regards to taking Spike in general, I really couldn’t make it without the stuff. I wouldn’t recommend it if you don’t absolutely need it; however, I’m just beat when it comes time to lift so I do.

In addition to what’s been said, Spike Shooter contains yohimbine hcl and the other two Spike drinks don’t (they have beta-alanine instead). That may or may not matter to you.

I know that, for me, Spike Shooters are great pre-workout and the larger Spike Energy (formerly Spike Shotgun) is what I often use instead of morning coffee.

But like Ghost so vividly described, you have to know your general caffeine/stimulant tolerance. If you decide to try out the larger Spike Energy, do the half-a-can at first. It’ll be a little smaller “dose” than a full Spike Shooter, but it is a different overall formula so it’s better to play it safe.

Spike with yohimbe is POWERTHIRST

http://www.megavideomovies.net/2010/02/watch-never-back-down-2008-megavideo.html