T Nation

Spike/BJJ Test

If you haven’t tried Spike yet I suggest you do, especially if you train a combat sport or rugby etc.

I just took my BJJ purple belt test and borrowed one from my training partner adrian and wow… It really really helped. I owned that test and was never mentally tired, only physically. Thank you Biotest for making good stuff. I’d also like to thank all my instructors and training partners.

The test was grueling, 2 hours, and resembled a hard game of rugby in intensity. It never really stopped but I was always very cognitive throughout the whole thing. I recommend this to all combat sports trainees.

If only i can get it over the border… dammit.

-chris

I will concur that Spike is an awesome product. I will foruther concur that its effects seems to be more pronounced during sub maximal efforts. For instance my first max bench test on Spike versus off it results in a 15 lb increase; decent to be sure. However, after doing that max lift I tried a do failure test with 315. Previous record was 8 in a rested state, after maxing out I was able to get 12 on Spike.

Hey man, I know the topic is about Spike, but I wanted to say congrats on the purple. Keep training and good luck working on your brown.

I have rolled with HOT-ROX but never while using Spike. Sweated like a pig under my gi.

Some might say it also helped GSP beat Matt Hughes’ ass?

Kidding.

Spike! really is great for martial arts training. Really any time you need some more focus and a slight boost in mood, you should consider Spike! It’s worth the price.

[quote]Abe Froman wrote:
Hey man, I know the topic is about Spike, but I wanted to say congrats on the purple. Keep training and good luck working on your brown.

I have rolled with HOT-ROX but never while using Spike. Sweated like a pig under my gi.[/quote]

My brown may take some time, a couple years. Right now I’m thinking of training thai boxing again, I haven’t in years. And wrestling, I love wrestling. Our wrestling coach is awesome, olympic level as well. Plus it’s on the weekends.

Thanks for the props lads. keep up the hard training.

-chris

You guys test? Interesting. My instructors usually just beat the guy over the head with a new belt when they think someones are ready – even black belts.

Congrats on the belt.