T Nation

Spike Appreciation Thread

i wonder how often these threads come up, but i bought some Spike after a couple month hiatus and now i remember why i love this supp so much…

shit, took 2 this morning, had a balls out fast run, did some sprints, then owned in the weight room. now i’m studying and i swear i could burn holes through the pages of my books w/ my concentration.

so yeah, at risk of sounding like a fan-boy, i love Spike. anyone else an addict that thanks god every morning that this shit is legal?

Wouldn’t a few cups of coffee have the same effect?

[quote]bw1985 wrote:
Wouldn’t a few cups of coffee have the same effect?[/quote]

Nope.

I can’t afford to use it for workouts, but I find Spike is excellent to get me dialled-in for exams.

I drank a Spike Shooter one day before a workout in place of the usual sugar free red bull. not only did i have rediculous energy, it actually made me in a good mood the rest of the day.

my case should come in the mail tommorrow lol

I’d take it every single day but I have a tendency to get reliant on stimulants.

It’s my weapon of choice when I need something though.

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:

I can’t afford to use it for workouts, but I find Spike is excellent to get me dialled-in for exams.

[/quote]

yeah, it can be pricey, but then i realized i was spending $3 a day on starbucks anyways. Spike is cheap when u realize its replacing coffee…

but yeah i’m replying to my own thread to be a fanboy again-- the best part is now even after my buzz is gone i don’t feel depressed and want to die, and that is why Spike > caffiene.

Spike makes me feel like Fedor. Unstoppable.

[quote]bw1985 wrote:
Wouldn’t a few cups of coffee have the same effect?[/quote]

Get some Spike and find out. I don’t think you would be disappointed.

D

[quote]dexslave wrote:
Cimmerian wrote:

but yeah i’m replying to my own thread to be a fanboy again-- the best part is now even after my buzz is gone i don’t feel depressed and want to die, and that is why Spike > caffiene.[/quote]

Spike contains caffiene, so I’m not sure I understand. Unless you’re saying that the other ingredients in Spike make it superior to caffeine alone.

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:
bw1985 wrote:
Wouldn’t a few cups of coffee have the same effect?

Nope.

[/quote]

Spike tabs are pretty damn cheap, take those rather then the drinks

[quote]bw1985 wrote:
dexslave wrote:
Cimmerian wrote:

but yeah i’m replying to my own thread to be a fanboy again-- the best part is now even after my buzz is gone i don’t feel depressed and want to die, and that is why Spike > caffiene.

Spike contains caffiene, so I’m not sure I understand. Unless you’re saying that the other ingredients in Spike make it superior to caffeine alone.[/quote]

This is definitely the case for me. The effects of Spike are significantly different from the same amount of caffeine alone.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
bw1985 wrote:
dexslave wrote:
Cimmerian wrote:

Spike contains caffiene, so I’m not sure I understand. Unless you’re saying that the other ingredients in Spike make it superior to caffeine alone.

This is definitely the case for me. The effects of Spike are significantly different from the same amount of caffeine alone.

[/quote]

Good to know, maybe I’ll try some of the pills.

Having ordered one of those tiny sample packs from the store, I took two Spike before my behind the wheel test, and finally got my driver’s license at age 24. Pathetic? Maybe, but I was too happy to care. That’s why I appreciate Spike.

Anybody tried Caffeine-Free Spike?? I lift after work and if I have caffeine before a workout I can’t sleep at night.

yeah, the Caffiene-Free just isnt the same imo. also for me, even the caffiene free version would keep me up. i’d recommend Power Drive bw-- for me it helps me out, but i can still sleep an hour or two later if i have to.

yeah, i have sleep problems, so that’s why i’ve used so many of the ‘uppers’ on this site… maybe Z-12 is the better option?