T Nation

Spike and Mental Work

I’m sure I’m just preaching to the choir here, but here goes…

I had to pull an all-nighter last night, so I decided to try Spike for the first time. I took my first pill at 1:00 a.m. I didn’t feel anything, so I took one more a half-hour later. Wow!

For six undistracted hours, I jammed at maximal intellectual capacity. I’ve never taken Adderol, but based on what my friend’s have told me, I experienced very Adderol-like effects - intense focus and work capacity.

I never got distracted, or suffered that burned-out feeling I get after several hours of intense thinking and writing. I literally had to force myself to stop working (even though I had another 2 good hours in me), for fear I’d go “overboard.”

The project I had to finish required me to analyze nit-picky facts contained on reams of paper; and the write a lengthy legal motion about some complicated legal issues. In other words, I had a term paper due. ;^) And I had to finish it in six hours.

I don’t plan on using Spike before training. I plan on saving my doses only when I have some huge product due, and thus really need to focus. In fact, I think I’ll be using it tonight.

Great stuff for writers!

California, that is absolutely correct Spike can’t be beat when it comes to enhancing mental clarity and focus.

When I tell friends about it, I always tell them this is something you will want to use whether it be a kick ass gym session or studying for a test all night.

D

Actually, that’s exactly how I use Spike most of the time.

I only used once it before training. Otherwise, it’s a caffeine replacement for me, when I have some difficult task to complete.

(Replacement? Nay, upgrade.)

What was funniest to me was this: I started to think, “Man, this is all hype. I don’t feel any differently!” Then I looked down at the clock: I had worked two solid hours without being distracted by anything. That’s when I thought: “Man, this stuff works!” ;^)

how would you say it stacks up to ritalin in terms of mental focus. With ritalin i have eaten through a 400pg text book and retained a shocking amount of it in a day.

Spike works for mental focus like nothing else.

One time I had a songwriters convention in Montreal in the morning. I had popped my first Spike upon waking up.

Now 4 hours of speeches by people not always gifted at public speaking do not make it easy to keep concentration yet I had as clear a mind as one can have and soaked in info, took notes, networked quickly afterwards… cause I had a gig in Quebec City that same night (2h30 drive)

Before getting off to the gig I popped my second Spike. I play in a heavy metal band so it’s very physical performance to say the least! I’m a madman on stage. I’m the singer. AND I was trashing in the pit when the last band played.

After all that I DROVE back home (3 hours). The first 10 minues on the highway I was sure I’d fall asleep then, pouf, my focus came back and I drove all though the night with perfect concentration. I’m still in disbelief. This was in June.

You dont feel a kick or a buzz with Spike, but the results are amazing! Seriously, the best thing for mental clarity one can have. With no sides that I know of.

when I tryed Spike it was before I went
kayaking usualy when I over sleep 10-11 hours of sleep I wake up feeling tore up so I took some Spike I didnt notice anything usualy Il die in about a hour of up stream paddling but I went a full 8 miles up and 8 down going about as fast up stream as I usualy would down stream and I didnt give it any credit at the time now that I look back its wierd

I have an essay to write today (it is 9am here) but I was up all night studying and posting stupid pics on T-Nation so I have popped a couple of Spike and I am ready to write.

Now that I work full time, study almost full time and still want to have a life I rely on Spike a lot to help me out. Especially when I need the mental edge.

I’ll be honest, Spike doesn’t do much for me i don’t think. I bought 2 bottles of it, and even when I take 2 on a empty stomach with food 20-30 minutes after,i really don’t feel that huge of a change. the thing is though, i never take other stimulants or caffeine at all, so it’s not like i’ve developed any tolerance towards caffeine and all.

when i go to the gym, i still lift the same as i would if i didn’t have it, i’m just as focused in the gym when taking it as when i’m not taking it, and i certainly don’t see any weird colors in the room or have the desire to not talk to people. what’s up with this, do i needa take 3 or something?

Spike, in my humble opinion, is awesome. I originally purchased it to “energize” me following long hours at work prior to lifting. I work in Supervision for one of the Big 3 Automakers which basically has me on my feet and moving on the Plant Floor for anywhere from 8-12 Hours a day.

One day I was really whipped after lunch and decided to try Spike to see if it could get me through the day. Man, this stuff is great if you have a physically and mentally demanding job! I was rocking! My mind was sharp as a tack and I was cruising all over and actually enjoying myself.

I use Spike sparingly but like the other posters I noticed a marked increase in Mental clarity and function. Additionally, I have noticed, and I am not sure if anyone else has, an improvement in visual accuity.

I cannot say enough good things about this product and highly recommend it to “Energize” you for daunting physical or mental tasks, or both.

One last thing, I am still using the old Spike. Has anyone tryed the new Spike and if so what kind of difference have you noticed?

[quote]jtkelley wrote:
Additionally, I have noticed, and I am not sure if anyone else has, an improvement in visual accuity.[/quote]

You’re not alone, this has been mentioned elsewhere.

I experienced this myself, but I’m not entirely sure how much is objective reality, and how much just seems to be an improvement.

Given the frightening amount of processing that happens in the visual cortex (you see with your brain, not with your eyes), I would not be surprised to find an actual, measurable improvement in visual accuity while on Spike.

The experiment should be really simple: take 5 to 10 people, put them through a visual accuity test, give them Spike, wait an hour or two, put them through the test again.

[quote]jtkelley wrote:
One last thing, I am still using the old Spike. Has anyone tryed the new Spike and if so what kind of difference have you noticed?[/quote]

Two old Spike and I got a nice bump. Two new ones was STUPID! I took 2 at 1 pm yesterday, never slept, and am finally starting to ease down now. The new is WAAAAAY more powerful than the old. Begin with one.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
jtkelley wrote:
One last thing, I am still using the old Spike. Has anyone tryed the new Spike and if so what kind of difference have you noticed?

Two old Spike and I got a nice bump. Two new ones was STUPID! I took 2 at 1 pm yesterday, never slept, and am finally starting to ease down now. The new is WAAAAAY more powerful than the old. Begin with one.

[/quote]

Agreed, I’ve still got a bottle of the older version but ordered some of the new stuff just to try it out. Needless to say I wish I wouldn’t have tried the new stuff because it blows the older stuff away. I need to hide the new stuff so that I make sure to use the old stuff up first.

-Matt

[quote]slimsaw00 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
jtkelley wrote:

Agreed, I’ve still got a bottle of the older version but ordered some of the new stuff just to try it out. Needless to say I wish I wouldn’t have tried the new stuff because it blows the older stuff away. I need to hide the new stuff so that I make sure to use the old stuff up first.

-Matt

[/quote]

I’m a tried and true user of old Spike. If the new stuff is that good, I can’t wait to try.

Like most of you guys, I’m a true believer in Spike myself.

However, as an alternative, Spike users should try alternating with HRX (HOT-ROX Extreme). Seriously.

I’m finding HRX to have similiar “mental” feel as Spike. And HRX actually offers alot of other benefits, as far as physique effects are concerned, that Spike doesn’t.

I posted on the HRX thread about this, but I really think some combo of the T-Max in Spike and the A7-E, Carbolin 19, and Rasberry Ketone in the current HRX would be the ultimate.

Kind of off subject, but can someone tell me what the Spike “bullet” is? I’ve ordered the new Spike, but haven’t gotten it yet to see. Is it just a small container or something?

[quote]HardcoreHorn wrote:
Kind of off subject, but can someone tell me what the Spike “bullet” is? I’ve ordered the new Spike, but haven’t gotten it yet to see. Is it just a small container or something?[/quote]

Yeah, its just a bullet looking keychain that holds two Spike.

Just received my Spike in the mail yesterday. I took one just on the way out for my evening bike ride, after about 15 minutes or so, I was thinking I dont feel anything, oh well. Next thing I know I have ridden twice farther than I usually do, wow. I did not even relize it.

After my ride I went home and did my workout, the best workout yet, all lifts to failure and felt great.

This morning when the alarm went off, I was up and out the door for my morning jog ( actually my dogs morning run). Usually I hit the snooze button 2-3 times.
Thumbs up to Spike.

Cheers,
Mepacho

I will definitely attest to the power of Spike to enhance both endurance and mental clarity, and less so resistance activitiy.

Maybe its a whacky placebo, but hell - I’m a true believer.

And I have the formula without the yohimbe. Can’t wait to try the other stuff.

troop

p.s. - I received no compensation for my ringing endorsement of the above product.

I’d love to use Spike but im one of those people who can’t take tablets, just can’t swallow them. wish they’d make it into a powder!!