T Nation

Spike and General Supplements

I've been using Biotest products for a few years now and have been more than pleased with them but I'm left with two questions currently:

1) I have been using Spike essentially the same way most people use their morning coffee. This is a great help to keep my head in the game as I sit through 5 classes each day. Is this a dumb idea?

2) I finally got my girl to read some stuff on here and start working out. However I can't get her off my ass about how stupid I am to trust anything on here because they're obviously a supplement site. Any way to convince the girl that all the sups on here aren't overhyped BS?

Mike

Proof is in the pudding. Feed her some of that Spike and watch her head spin. :slight_smile:

Hmm... I'd say that about 90% of the articles on this site are devoted strictly to training and nutrtition and NOT to supplements. Over the last YEAR there have been like 6 or 7 articles strictly devoted to a supplement.

It's VERY easy not to read them on this website. The other couple of websites I visit throw their supps in your face every minute. You have to click a tiny little box in the uppoer corner of this webpage to get to the store.

Just show her the trainig articles and say "How does that article sell supps?" The only reason the authors post the supplement guide at the bottom is because if they dont 900 replies are "What supps should I take on this program?"

I agree with Lonnie. Yes, the authors of articles often plug Biotest products, but it is a Biotest site.

However, i've yet to read an article that states you "must use" that supplement in order to see gains and improvements. They simply state using such and such may enhance the effectiveness of said program, exercise, routine, etc...