Spike and Allergy Medicine

I’m starting to get the first signs of a cold and i usually take some Alieve Cold & Sinus to help ease the symptoms. Can i take both of these on the same day? Does the four hour rule between stimulant and Spike consumtion apply to this as well?

Any feedback would be appreciated because right now the Spike is wearing off and my headache is coming back.

bump…anyone

This kind of falls into a grey area. Some people can get a little buzz from pseudo-ephedrine, while others get nothing. I imagine there would be competition in the brain though.

In other words, my feeling is that it would probably be a waste of the Spike to take it anywhere near the allergy medicine, but, the interaction would likely not cause overstimulation.

Bear in mind I’m not a doctor, and only have a basic understanding of Spike’s and pseudoephedrine’s workings. I hope someone else chips something in.

[quote]jakewnet44 wrote:
I’m starting to get the first signs of a cold and i usually take some Alieve Cold & Sinus to help ease the symptoms. Can i take both of these on the same day? Does the four hour rule between stimulant and Spike consumtion apply to this as well?

Any feedback would be appreciated because right now the Spike is wearing off and my headache is coming back.[/quote]

If the product you’re taking contains pseudoephedrine, then yes, the 4 hour rule applies.

what is the story on pseudoephedrine?- post-ban there was alot of talk about how it was related to ephedrine- what is the real story? Could it be used as a stimulant? I had to take pseudophed some this week and it had no stimulant effect- one night after a workout i was still concking out even though i was out with friends.

thank you very much Cy…and what the hell you too Moon Knight.

Cy…Im also taking an antibiodic called Avelox and the acitve ingredient is moxifloxacin HCL. Could this have any bad reaction when combined with Spike

Pseudoephedrine by itself won’t do anything, but if you combine it with caffeine, it will have a very slight effect.

[quote]jakewnet44 wrote:
Cy…Im also taking an antibiodic called Avelox and the acitve ingredient is moxifloxacin HCL. Could this have any bad reaction when combined with Spike[/quote]

It’s often difficult to predict a drug-supplement interaction as you’re typically limited to a small to moderate amount of data. However, knowing what I do know about the main ingredient, there’s no reason to suspect a negative interaction between the two.

[quote]ailax12 wrote:
what is the story on pseudoephedrine?- post-ban there was alot of talk about how it was related to ephedrine- what is the real story? Could it be used as a stimulant? I had to take pseudophed some this week and it had no stimulant effect- one night after a workout i was still concking out even though i was out with friends. [/quote]

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=502556

Thank again Cy!

[quote]jakewnet44 wrote:

Any feedback would be appreciated because right now the Spike is wearing off and my headache is coming back.[/quote]

Keep in mind, that Aleve Cold & Sinus has a whopping dose of pseudo-epedrine that’s time released.

If would go with some good old Sudafed (original), since it doesn’t last as long. Add your favorite pain med (Aleve, etc.) as needed.

My wife mixed her allergy meds(allegra)with an Aleve Cold & Sinus, plus coffee, and it was a long miserable day from too many CNS stimulants.