Spidey: Eudaimonia

Whoop whoop, last log filled up.

Link to old log:

To respond to the last few comments in my thread

Captain Needa: Those are Adipowers, I went with those over the Nike’s because I heard the Adidas were a slimmer foot while the Nikes were a bit wide. I have a very long foot (size 13) but extremely narrow, so I went the Adipowers. The cheaper Oly shoes I had previously were so wide my foot was always shifting around in the shoe.

Ryan: Thanks buddy, Squats always respond well when I put in the work.

So a little about me for newcomers or those who’ve forgotten.

I’m 6’2", ~200 at the moment, will be 23 this Sunday.

This log is about hitting some goals, both in lifting and life, making that big transition to ‘man’ now that I’ve graduated college.

I’m trying right now to really push past the high 300’s/400’s in my Squat and DL in these last few months of the year into the 400-500 range.

Last Squat Workout

Upper body is a huge work in progress right now, but desperately trying to work on Bench and every other pressing variation.

I guess you could say I’m a ‘power-builder’. I really like lifting heavy, but not much for singles, I like the 3-7 range a lot. But I also care about looking good. I’m a big cosplay enthusiast, so I want a physique eventually that will allow me to look the way most of my favorite heroes do, at least to some degree. Next cosplay is X-Force Deadpool (pic above shows what I’m going for) in April, so trying to look the part a bit more by then.

I utilize CarbBackloading as my means of dieting, both gaining and cutting, always playing around with that though.

Currently on a program written by PlainPat from this website, will likely diet down with Pwolves later this year, and I frequently lift with HeavyTriple. So basically I’m a T-Nation socialite.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:
Whoop whoop, last log filled up.

Link to old log:

To respond to the last few comments in my thread

Captain Needa: Those are Adipowers, I went with those over the Nike’s because I heard the Adidas were a slimmer foot while the Nikes were a bit wide. I have a very long foot (size 13) but extremely narrow, so I went the Adipowers. The cheaper Oly shoes I had previously were so wide my foot was always shifting around in the shoe.

Ryan: Thanks buddy, Squats always respond well when I put in the work. [/quote]

Congrats on filling the log! I am on board (again) for this one. Thanks for the info on the shoes. Given that my feet are not narrow I think I will opt for the Nike.

Cheers,
Needa

Squats are looking good man!

Good stuff Spidey! May this log be filled with all sorts of awesomeness!! :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone!

Sadly my first workout of this log was a bummer :confused:

I didn’t even finish it I was so pissed. Went in trying to hit 205x4x8 again, after hitting a 245 over-warm up. As you can see here, bar path is super wonky, no idea why. Even after seeing this and trying to correct it I’m not sure what I’m doing to make it do this. Can’t reiterate how ‘light’ the weigh feels, I’m definitely just being retarded with my bar path.

It sounds like you need someone to slap your tits.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:
Thanks everyone!

I didn’t even finish it I was so pissed. Went in trying to hit 205x4x8 again, after hitting a 245 over-warm up. As you can see here, bar path is super wonky, no idea why. Even after seeing this and trying to correct it I’m not sure what I’m doing to make it do this. Can’t reiterate how ‘light’ the weigh feels, I’m definitely just being retarded with my bar path.

Like I wrote in your last thread, you’re trying to out technique the bench. That setup might work with a crazy bench shirt, but that has nothin’ to do with someone who’s trying to get bigger, stronger and look better. Think it’d serve you well to find a balance between movement and muscle.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:
Thanks everyone!

Like I wrote in your last thread, you’re trying to out technique the bench. That setup might work with a crazy bench shirt, but that has nothin’ to do with someone who’s trying to get bigger, stronger and look better. Think it’d serve you well to find a balance between movement and muscle.[/quote]

I’m going to lift with HeavyTriple later on this weekend, who is like top 15 in his weight class in raw benching in the nation lol. he’s said something similar, I’m going to let him straighten out my form a bit. Thanks dude.

DEADZ

Sumo DL: These are really coming together. But I did find out like my 4th set if I don’t set-up right, I can barely budge the shit off the ground. Sumo plays no games lol
395x5x6

Paused HB Squats:
200x2x8

Chins + Abs

Good workout. It’s nice to have my SQ and DL moving in the right direction, even though the Bench Press is a douchebag. Really nailing my form with Sumo though, definitely was a good switch for me from conventional, at least right now.

Hai guiz

so my birthday was this weekend, I ate a lot of food. Came back to bite today though, stomach issues all morning, made this workout rough lol

Back Squats: Man, these were tough. I am happy to see, though, that you can tell I’m giving 100 percent effort in regards to speed on all reps, not allowing myself to ‘coast’
315x3x5-6

275x2x8

Front Squats: Yeah stomach was about to burst so said eff this lol
225x2x4

Chins + Calves

Yeah cut it a bit short, just was feeling like crap. Also had a 12 hour shift yesterday, with only a small 20 min break, so overall was just exhausted today. I’m definitely hitting a bit of a wall, though, so I think I’m ready for a deload or something next week that Pat already planned… Just in time too.

That was some nice hard work on those squats. Well done.

[quote]LoRez wrote:
That was some nice hard work on those squats. Well done.[/quote]

Thanks dude, definitely feel Squats are the one lift that as long as I give all my effort I’ll get some gains, no matter what.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

Thanks dude, definitely feel Squats are the one lift that as long as I give all my effort I’ll get some gains, no matter what. [/quote]
Thighs growing?

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

Thanks dude, definitely feel Squats are the one lift that as long as I give all my effort I’ll get some gains, no matter what. [/quote]
Thighs growing?[/quote]

Idk honestly. They seem to be kind of losing shape a bit just because not a lot of direct work with Leg Press or lunges or anything right now. But I know they grow easily so not worried about it lol

Bunch Pruss

Flat Bench: Welp. REALLY wanting that deload next week lol. First set was solid, but it’s like I blow my load after that and all other sets blow. Filmed the last one. Triceps fatigue, I start touching lower and lower, lame.
215x4x4-6

Reverse Band: Just felt heavy, so split it into two set
250x2x3

No Arch: First set paused
165x2x8

Wide Grip:
165x2x8

Welp, shitty workout but this is probably a PR somewhere in there lol. So… yay?

Really need to hammer chest and tris next training cycle. Also, need to get back on strict macro, I’ve been yoloing a bit and getting a bit bloofy while feeling shittier.

DL Day

Sumo DL: So I filmed the 3rd set, and like me left thigh kept rubbing against my thumb, unhinging my grip. So yeah, set got ugly lol. Was dead after that so repped 365
405x3x6
365x11

Paused HB Squats:
205x2x8

Chins. Calves, Rear Delts

Good workout. About to gain as much weight as possible on gorging. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Accessory Day

CG Incline: These were ok, but are getting tougher
175x4x5-6
145x2x10

Push Press: Starting to get the hang of this
95x8
105x8
115x8
125x8
135x8

Hernon Rows: Warmed up shrugs, and just couldn’t find the groove. I just don’t like BB shrugs, so just going to do Hernon rows to save the lower back while still hitting traps
5x10-12

Laterals:
5x10-12

Good workout, felt solid after a day of gluttony yesterday. Quick arm workout tomorrow, then a small deload, which I’m looking forward too lol

Whoops forgot to add the video

Did an Arm day today, threw in some Calves and rear delts though just because.

Tried out occlusion training, been doing it for calves this week. Not sure if I care for it yet, we’ll see.