Spiderman Revamp.

I’d say daredevil, ghostrider, and especially Fantastic 4 were way worse.

michael cera is also touted as being the new spiderman.

[quote]christy_moen wrote:
michael cera is also touted as being the new spiderman. [/quote]

If they’re going that route, Jesse Eisenberg from Zombieland would be better, and probably cheaper too.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I just thought of something else…if the Marvel Movie universe is planning on bringing these characters together to make the Avengers…

(which CURRENTLY consist of Wolverine, Spiderman, Luke Cage, Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk (occasionally), the Sentry and Spider woman…but could easily alternate in Thor (for the Sentry) and The Black Widow (for Spider-woman))

…then they would need to change Spiderman anyway. There is no way in hell Tobey fit the role if they expanded it and tried to match the more “real world” scenario that Iron Man and the new Hulk movie presented.

I have a feeling this may also be why Luke Cage was pushed back to non-existence.[/quote]

another thing, Venom was not nearly as close to his body shape as he was in the cartoons… in the early and late 90’s spiderman cartoons venom was jacked… in the movie he was not lol. should be in FAILblog.org if u ask me.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

I just thought of something else…if the Marvel Movie universe is planning on bringing these characters together to make the Avengers…

(which CURRENTLY consist of Wolverine, Spiderman, Luke Cage, Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk (occasionally), the Sentry and Spider woman…but could easily alternate in Thor (for the Sentry) and The Black Widow (for Spider-woman))

…then they would need to change Spiderman anyway. There is no way in hell Tobey fit the role if they expanded it and tried to match the more “real world” scenario that Iron Man and the new Hulk movie presented.

I have a feeling this may also be why Luke Cage was pushed back to non-existence.[/quote]

Prof.X, I consider you a cool guy and I treat you with courtesy and respect. But please…never mention that cocksucker Sentry ahead of Thor. Thor is the original and Sentry is nothing more than Superman ripoff that will be written out of comics. After Thor beats his ass.[/quote]

I don’t disagree with you. I can’t stand that character at all, even down to the “S” on his chest…er, stomach.

A bi-polar super hero who blacks out and occasionally destroys everything in the surrounding area by allowing his “alternate personality” (which means he’s fucking schizophrenic also) to run free yet somehow, due to drinking a fucking chemical experiment, has the “strength of many suns”???

I want my money back.[/quote]

you obviously do not know superman, he was born on krypton… thus it had a red sun, the change from red to yellow on earth made his powers come upon himself, when the planet krypton was going to blow the fuck up his parents sent him to earth which then he found new parents…

it goes like this, Similarly, Superman can skip over buildings on Earth because, his body is adapted for his home planet of Krypton. So when he pushes off Earth’s surface, his Krypton-adapted muscles send him sky high. i believe that Krypton’s gravity must be a whopping 15 times stronger than Earth’s for him to do this. this also explains why he is so strong, something weighing 100 lbs on earth weighs 1500lbs on krypton…

[quote]sdjohn67 wrote:
the first one was all right though it went down hill fast. i hung in there. i have no idea why. man, they really messed up the symbiot - venom - storyline with topher grace. that was amazing in the comic. sandman was okay but a different concept altogether…it’s just sad. [/quote]

yeah that really annoyed me. the symbiotes are my favourite villains in the spider man comics. he should have been the main villain, not the sandman.

[quote]Joelsopher wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

Prof.X, I consider you a cool guy and I treat you with courtesy and respect. But please…never mention that cocksucker Sentry ahead of Thor. Thor is the original and Sentry is nothing more than Superman ripoff that will be written out of comics. After Thor beats his ass.[/quote]

I don’t disagree with you. I can’t stand that character at all, even down to the “S” on his chest…er, stomach.

A bi-polar super hero who blacks out and occasionally destroys everything in the surrounding area by allowing his “alternate personality” (which means he’s fucking schizophrenic also) to run free yet somehow, due to drinking a fucking chemical experiment, has the “strength of many suns”???

you obviously do not know superman, he was born on krypton… thus it had a red sun, the change from red to yellow on earth made his powers come upon himself, when the planet krypton was going to blow the fuck up his parents sent him to earth which then he found new parents…

it goes like this, Similarly, Superman can skip over buildings on Earth because, his body is adapted for his home planet of Krypton. So when he pushes off Earth’s surface, his Krypton-adapted muscles send him sky high. i believe that Krypton’s gravity must be a whopping 15 times stronger than Earth’s for him to do this. this also explains why he is so strong, something weighing 100 lbs on earth weighs 1500lbs on krypton…[/quote]

What the fuck are you talking about? We are talking about THE SENTRY, not Superman.

You really thought I knew that much about Spiderman but somehow missed Superman?

Who the hell in America doesn’t know Superman is from Krypton?

The Sentry is a Superman knock off whose “S” on his chest looks even more ridiculous because of the pop culture influence of the Red Caped one.

[quote]Joelsopher wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

it goes like this, Similarly, Superman can skip over buildings on Earth because, his body is adapted for his home planet of Krypton. So when he pushes off Earth’s surface, his Krypton-adapted muscles send him sky high. i believe that Krypton’s gravity must be a whopping 15 times stronger than Earth’s for him to do this. this also explains why he is so strong, something weighing 100 lbs on earth weighs 1500lbs on krypton…[/quote]

What the fuck are you talking about? We are talking about THE SENTRY, not Superman.

You really I thought I knew that much about Spiderman but somehow missed Superman?

Who the fuck in America doesn’t know Superman is from Krypton?

[/quote]

i hope you know Superman is Canadian… look it up…

hense the fact Cananda has “historic event” commercials showing little clips made up of people playing basketball, etc, etc, telling you how Canada made this and that. and recently they have had one for Superman.

the reason it was brought up in the states was because there were two creators… one being a torontonian(from toronto) and his name was Joe Shuster.

i apologize for the miscommunication i did not know who you were talking about. but the fact you think SM is 100% american is quite funny. thats like saying baseball is your outside sport, when its not… football is… which id be proud of, baseball blows dick…

You really I thought I knew that much about Spiderman but somehow missed Superman?

[/quote]

Hahahaha.

But seriously, The Sentry is pretty much just a retconned Superman they threw in and tried to create a history for, even going so far as to make up Golden Age costumes and have other characters remember him, but only when it was necessary. His strength of a thousand burning suns is interesting, but the only time I ever saw him do anything was in World War Hulk, and even then they both kinda just gave up at the end.

hense him going to Toronto to get it published by his so called cousin “frank”… no idea who frank is… hahahha

[quote]Joelsopher wrote:

[quote]Joelsopher wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[/quote]

hense the fact Cananda has “historic event” commercials showing little clips made up of people playing basketball, etc, etc, telling you how Canada made this and that. and recently they have had one for Superman.

the reason it was brought up in the states was because there were two creators… one being a torontonian(from toronto) and his name was Joe Shuster.

i apologize for the miscommunication i did not know who you were talking about. but the fact you think SM is 100% american is quite funny. thats like saying baseball is your outside sport, when its not… football is… which id be proud of, baseball blows dick…[/quote]

WTF?

I didn’t even mention who created him or where he was created. I wrote that EVERYONE IN AMERICA KNOWS HE IS FUCKING FROM KRYPTON.

That means no one here needs an explanation of where he came from or where he got his powers.

Any other interesting facts…you know, like water is wet and the sun is bright?

X I don’t think the Avengers cast is that big…The guy playing Thor better get bigger for the movie.

[quote]Joelsopher wrote:

[quote]Joelsopher wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[/quote]

i apologize for the miscommunication i did not know who you were talking about. but the fact you think SM is 100% american is quite funny. thats like saying baseball is your outside sport, when its not… football is… which id be proud of, baseball blows dick…[/quote]

WTF?

I didn’t even mention who created him or where he was created. I wrote that EVERYONE IN AMERICA KNOWS HE IS FUCKING FROM KRYPTON.

That means no one here needs an explanation of where he came from or where he got his powers.

Any other interesting facts…you know, like water is wet and the sun is bright?[/quote]

Class of 2009= Still Failing

I think joelsopher needs to go back to school to learn how to read. I’ve read and re-read all of X’s posts and have no idea where he got this from.

[quote]SSanville73 wrote:
I think joelsopher needs to go back to school to learn how to read. I’ve read and re-read all of X’s posts and have no idea where he got this from. [/quote]

x2

Fuck, man. No one, X included, mentioned anything about who created superman. This whole topic is about Marvel Heroes, and marvel movies. I don’t think anyone needed the superman history lesson.

[quote]Joelsopher wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

What? Superman gets his strength from the yellow sun, not a difference in gravity!

If I went to a planet that had a much weaker gravity than earth, I wouldn’t be able to run faster than a bullet or be able to lift the weight of a jumbo jet, even it weighed 15x less, what the fuck!

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:

[quote]Joelsopher wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

What? Superman gets his strength from the yellow sun, not a difference in gravity!

If I went to a planet that had a much weaker gravity than earth, I wouldn’t be able to run faster than a bullet or be able to lift the weight of a jumbo jet, even it weighed 15x less, what the fuck!

[/quote]

To be fair, Superman’s powers were originally based on the gravity difference. Originally, he couldn’t fly, only jump really high. Hence the saying, “leap tall buildings in a single bound”. Somewhere along the line Superman gained more and more superpowers until he basically became a demigod. Pretty much, they just started making up shit as they went along.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
Somewhere along the line Superman gained more and more superpowers until he basically became a demigod. Pretty much, they just started making up shit as they went along.[/quote]

This!

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]malonetd wrote:
Somewhere along the line Superman gained more and more superpowers until he basically became a demigod. Pretty much, they just started making up shit as they went along.[/quote]

This![/quote]

Wol found a new best friend.

Also how the fuck can they get Rampage Jackson to be B.A. Baracus, but we can’t get anyone except Hugh Jackman to represent the big super heroes/villains. I mean even he wasn’t that big but at least he wasn’t Topher fucking Grace. It’s not like the scripts for these movies require advanced acting skills… =p

Please expand on the Luke Cage idea. Why is Cage a bad fit? What would need to change.