Spiderman Revamp.

Wow this sounds bad.

That sounds BAD to you? The current movie representation of Spiderman is so far removed from the character presented in the comics, they might as well be different people.

Spiderman in the comics:
-funny as hell
-never shuts up (has one liners for days when fighting)
-has truly insane super villains
-cool as hell when spidey which allows him to really let loose when in the costume
-Mary Jane has his back no matter what

Spiderman in the movies:
-not funny at all when spiderman
-doesn’t even banter much when fighting
-spends WAY too much time crying as Peter Parker
-Has super villains that are “ok” and a sandman who’s “not so bad”
-Mary Jane gets a bad attitude and fucks up the relationship while Peter turns into Emo-boy

The movies opened the character up to a whole new generation but they FUCKED UP what the character was really about.

Tobey Mcgwire was the worst pick for that part that anyone could have made. They needed a smart ass who actually has a little muscle on him but can still pass as a nerd during the day.

I am all for a complete reboot ND better writers.

This should have been in the Geek Shit thread.

In the comics, Peter Parker blames himself for the death of Gwen Stacy long before Mary Jane enters the picture…which means there is a whole relationship there that they ignored in the movies.

Part of what makes Spiderman who he is happens to be the fact that he feels responsible for both Ben and Gwen…and thusly everyone else he can’t save.

You tell him, X!

The Spectacular Spider Man show is a near perfect example of what Spider Man is.

Or is it called Sensational Spider man?

Read about this yesterday [or maybe this morning]. Thought the first Spederman was alright but the other two were basically the same movie only a little more watered down each time. Every superhero movie that comes down the pike needs to follow the Batman Begins/Sin City/Iron Man template: Convincing actors, great directing and a writing team that’s gonna stay true to the integrity of the comics. If they can get Spiderman right it’ll be awesome, the only downside might be that they haven’t given it enough time and people are reluctant to see it.

the first one was all right though it went down hill fast. i hung in there. i have no idea why. man, they really messed up the symbiot - venom - storyline with topher grace. that was amazing in the comic. sandman was okay but a different concept altogether…it’s just sad.

For the record, they plan to make a Venom movie in 2012 or 2011.

FML.

I’m pretty sure that I heard that the homo from twilight is replacing toby for this movie

[quote]Tex32 wrote:
I’m pretty sure that I heard that the homo from twilight is replacing toby for this movie[/quote]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[quote]Professor X wrote:
That sounds BAD to you? The current movie representation of Spiderman is so far removed from the character presented in the comics, they might as well be different people.

Spiderman in the comics:
-funny as hell
-never shuts up (has one liners for days when fighting)
-has truly insane super villains
-cool as hell when spidey which allows him to really let loose when in the costume
-Mary Jane has his back no matter what

Spiderman in the movies:
-not funny at all when spiderman
-doesn’t even banter much when fighting
-spends WAY too much time crying as Peter Parker
-Has super villains that are “ok” and a sandman who’s “not so bad”
-Mary Jane gets a bad attitude and fucks up the relationship while Peter turns into Emo-boy

The movies opened the character up to a whole new generation but they FUCKED UP what the character was really about.

Tobey Mcgwire was the worst pick for that part that anyone could have made. They needed a smart ass who actually has a little muscle on him but can still pass as a nerd during the day.

I am all for a complete reboot ND better writers.

This should have been in the Geek Shit thread.

In the comics, Peter Parker blames himself for the death of Gwen Stacy long before Mary Jane enters the picture…which means there is a whole relationship there that they ignored in the movies.

Part of what makes Spiderman who he is happens to be the fact that he feels responsible for both Ben and Gwen…and thusly everyone else he can’t save.[/quote]
<3

that is all

X makes good points, I think the movie sounds bad by the description given. Movie makers take the whole Spiderman is a real person with normal problems too far. That’s my complaint, I never thought the old ones were good by any stretch I just hope they don’t make it a teeny bopper emo fest. The real thing I hated about the spiderman movies were that the villains were mostly portrayed as nice?

[quote]drewh wrote:
X makes good points, I think the movie sounds bad by the description given. Movie makers take the whole Spiderman is a real person with normal problems too far. That’s my complaint, I never thought the old ones were good by any stretch I just hope they don’t make it a teeny bopper emo fest. The real thing I hated about the spiderman movies were that the villains were mostly portrayed as nice? [/quote]

Most of his villains were decent people who fell on hard times. Except Carnage. That dude is fucking crazy and evil.

[quote]OT wrote:

Everything Professor X wrote.
[/quote]
<3

that is all[/quote]

2nded

I just thought of something else…if the Marvel Movie universe is planning on bringing these characters together to make the Avengers…

(which CURRENTLY consist of Wolverine, Spiderman, Luke Cage, Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk (occasionally), the Sentry and Spider woman…but could easily alternate in Thor (for the Sentry) and The Black Widow (for Spider-woman))

…then they would need to change Spiderman anyway. There is no way in hell Tobey fit the role if they expanded it and tried to match the more “real world” scenario that Iron Man and the new Hulk movie presented.

I have a feeling this may also be why Luke Cage was pushed back to non-existence.

I just thought of something else…if the Marvel Movie universe is planning on bringing these characters together to make the Avengers…

(which CURRENTLY consist of Wolverine, Spiderman, Luke Cage, Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk (occasionally), the Sentry and Spider woman…but could easily alternate in Thor (for the Sentry) and The Black Widow (for Spider-woman))

…then they would need to change Spiderman anyway. There is no way in hell Tobey fit the role if they expanded it and tried to match the more “real world” scenario that Iron Man and the new Hulk movie presented.

I have a feeling this may also be why Luke Cage was pushed back to non-existence.[/quote]

Prof.X, I consider you a cool guy and I treat you with courtesy and respect. But please…never mention that cocksucker Sentry ahead of Thor. Thor is the original and Sentry is nothing more than Superman ripoff that will be written out of comics. After Thor beats his ass.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

I have a feeling this may also be why Luke Cage was pushed back to non-existence.[/quote]

Prof.X, I consider you a cool guy and I treat you with courtesy and respect. But please…never mention that cocksucker Sentry ahead of Thor. Thor is the original and Sentry is nothing more than Superman ripoff that will be written out of comics. After Thor beats his ass.[/quote]

I don’t disagree with you. I can’t stand that character at all, even down to the “S” on his chest…er, stomach.

A bi-polar super hero who blacks out and occasionally destroys everything in the surrounding area by allowing his “alternate personality” (which means he’s fucking schizophrenic also) to run free yet somehow, due to drinking a fucking chemical experiment, has the “strength of many suns”???

I want my money back.

I think they are just doing Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, and Captain America (I’ve heard rumors about an ant man movie.) It seems like they are going off the Ultimates more than the avengers (Black Nick Fury, Ultimates line up of heroes).

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

Prof.X, I consider you a cool guy and I treat you with courtesy and respect. But please…never mention that cocksucker Sentry ahead of Thor. Thor is the original and Sentry is nothing more than Superman ripoff that will be written out of comics. After Thor beats his ass.[/quote]

I don’t disagree with you. I can’t stand that character at all, even down to the “S” on his chest…er, stomach.

A bi-polar super hero who blacks out and occasionally destroys everything in the surrounding area by allowing his “alternate personality” (which means he’s fucking schizophrenic also) to run free yet somehow, due to drinking a fucking chemical experiment, has the “strength of many suns”???

I want my money back.[/quote]

When they write him off, I’ll be happy. And then I can enjoy watching Tyrese Gibson as Luke Cage. Paul Walker could be Iron Fist.

in other news, who thinks the Green Lantern movie will be a load of shit?

Ryan Reynolds will be apparently playing Hal Jordan… which automatically takes it down in terms of quality.

Thank God.

Spiderman series was the biggest fail to date IMO - I’m not sure what they’re thinking with this one.

I agree that Toby Mc. was a terrible choice.