Spider-Man 3 Venom

I suppose it shouldn’t be a surprise, but what’s the deal with Hollywood insisting on skinny characters? Venom looks borderline anorexic.

• POC

Borderline anorexic might be saying a bit much, but yeah, he’s nowhere near as big as he was in the comics, or even the cartoon from the mid 90’s. I would have loved to have seen him look like Coleman, but i guess that would scare the masses.

–WS4

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
I would have loved to have seen him look like Coleman, but i guess that would scare the masses.

–WS4[/quote]

That’s the whole point. He’s VENOM!

[quote]brucevangeorge wrote:
WS4JB wrote:
I would have loved to have seen him look like Coleman, but i guess that would scare the masses.

–WS4

That’s the whole point. He’s VENOM![/quote]

I cannot argue with that.

They fucked this one up as far as that look and costume. The apparent need to keep anyone muscular out of movies lately is getting stupid. They might as well make The Hulk a cool 170lbs…and a lighter shade of autumn green.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
They fucked this one up as far as that look and costume. The apparent need to keep anyone muscular out of movies lately is getting stupid. They might as well make The Hulk a cool 170lbs…and a lighter shade of autumn green.[/quote]

How about a nice pastel?

:wink:

I think Ferrigno made a much better Hulk than the Shrek look-alike from the recent movie.

[quote]pookie wrote:
I think Ferrigno made a much better Hulk than the Shrek look-alike from the recent movie.
[/quote]

Waaay too muscular for today’s crowd. I recommend Woody Allen for the sequel.

Is the Lizard in this one or not?

i think you guys are going a bit overboard. that picture is not the acutal venom, its a picture of a halloween costume of the Spider-Man 3 venom, so the guy who is modeling the costume is skinny. we haven’t seen the actual movie venom yet so we can’t jump to conclusions. he is obviously going to be CGI.

Nobody is saying that Venom wont be CGI, and that isnt a costume, the link leads you to that picture, im thinking its either artwork, or an action figure, i cant quite remember.

But if youve seen the bit of venom teaser in the trailer, he is by no means large, he looks like he weighs about 200 pounds. Besides the complete lack of size, he just does look awesome, but that the geek in me getting a woody from finally getting to see Venom on screen. Although, being a person who owns “Ultimate Spiderman” and seeing the huge fricken beast that Venom is in it, i cant help but wonder how badass that would have looked on screen.

–WS4

Looks pretty damn close to the comic book appearance, if you ask me.

ok, you see how Venom is considerably larger then Spidey here ? From the clips ive seen, he looks like he is just about the same size as Spiderman in the movie, maybe a bit broader in the shoulder, with longer limbs, but he doesnt seem anywhere near as muscular as the Venom seen on this comic cover.

–WS4

[quote]Professor X wrote:
They fucked this one up as far as that look and costume. The apparent need to keep anyone muscular out of movies lately is getting stupid. They might as well make The Hulk a cool 170lbs…and a lighter shade of autumn green.[/quote]

Mr. Hyde in LXG was pretty muscular. But the examples to disprove what you said are way too few. The Punisher was just embarrassing.

Pardon my comic book ignorance, but I have a Venom question:

The thing that jumps out at me about Venom is the teeth. Does he use them for anything, or are they just for show?

I’ve never seen a spider with teeth before…

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
I’ve never seen a spider with teeth before…[/quote]

Have you ever seen a spider work for a news paper as a photographer?

Whatever Sam wants to do I have the utmost confidence in him. He doesn’t have many, if any, misses as a director…

Spider-Man 3
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man
The Gift
For Love of the Game
A Simple Plan
Army of Darkness
Darkman
Evil Dead II
Crimewave
The Evil Dead
Clockwork
Within the Woods
It’s Murder!

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
Pardon my comic book ignorance, but I have a Venom question:

The thing that jumps out at me about Venom is the teeth. Does he use them for anything, or are they just for show?

I’ve never seen a spider with teeth before…[/quote]

They’re mostly just to scare the shit out of you. I bought that “Ultimate Spiderman” video game (which is a good game by the way and takes you through the initial changes they made to the story line in the Ultimate series) and the premise seems to be that he sucks the life out of people for food by absorbing them for a few moments and then spitting them out. None of it is by mouth.

[quote]Leafblighter wrote:
Looks pretty damn close to the comic book appearance, if you ask me.

[/quote]

Then you need to find more than one picture. He’s Incredible Hulk huge in the video game they just released last year that allows you to play as him.