T Nation

Spicy Food?

Is there any correlation between eating spicy, albeit healthy, foods and a rise in metabolism? Im talking like crushed red pepper and pepperoncinis, not Spicy Bites and hotwings.

stuff like cayenne will make your body temperature rise. Im not 100% but im pretty sure its simply due to increased blood flow. I know many bodybuilders who swear by it during their cutting phases. I even know one guy who makes his own topical cream and applies it to problem areas before cardio!!!

cayenne you say? ill have to give it a try. along with putting cinnamon and apple cider vinegar on everything. since that nutrition guy said it was good lol

Eating home made chili for lunch right now. I’ve never measured my body temp for this purpose, but it will usually cause me to break a sweat at room temp. for about 15 minutes after eating. Good stuff.

Read up on chili peppers, they are amazing plants…home to some of the most potent chemicals found in the plant world, primarily capsaicin. I try to cook something spicy(usually seasoned with good dried cayenne and hot paprika) at least once a week, and I grow jalapenos, seranos and habaneros during the summer.

spices are annoying if you break a sweat at the slightest rise in body temperature, like myself

which sucks because they make bland food interesting

Yes there is a correlation but its a pretty negligible increase.

[quote]Therizza wrote:
Is there any correlation between eating spicy, albeit healthy, foods and a rise in metabolism? Im talking like crushed red pepper and pepperoncinis, not Spicy Bites and hotwings.[/quote]

it makesy ou sweat, Idont know about actualy raising anything.

I do eat alot of spicy food.
and you seem to eat less,and feel fuul fatser with these spices theres been studies and cayanne is in alot of sups to raise metabolisim.