T Nation

Spicing Up Surge?

Well, I ordered the Raspberry Surge a while ago, I was hooked. Tasted sooo good. Anyway, I ran out so I purchesed 1 tub of that and 1 tub of Original Flavor. I tried the Original Flavor and thought it tasted like SH*T.

Tastes like them weight gainers, YUCK. Would adding Kool-aid improve the taste? What have you guys done?

I’m not with you on this one, man. I like the new flavor, but absolutely love the original Surge.

It took me a while to get used to it, though. Try using extra cold water or even tossing a few ice cubes in.

It’ll grow on ya.

If not, try mixing the raspberry with the original? Could be interesting…

-Nate

Mix 1/2 original flavor and 1/2 Red raspberry. It taste pretty good.

Sean, I’m a long-time fan of the ORIGINAL Surge, though I’ll admit that I always added a pinch of salt and some extra Splenda. (grin)

just a warning you add pure koolaid to any protein its going to curdle due to the acid content. either pre mix it with water and let stand a while (the kool aid) or add a bit of baking soda to change the PH

Im with the other and like original Surge, are you having it cold?? and how much water??

Phill

I was varying the water from about 7 oz to 16, and the water was room temp. I was reading that making it ice cold is good, I’ll have to try it on monday.

splenda.

Sean, you don’t want to mess around with the amount of water you’re adding. Surge needs to be DILUTE to be quickly assimilated. One scoop should be put in one liter of water and sipped during your workout.

The other scoop should be put in a SECOND liter of water and drunk immediately upon completing your workout. The fact that it is as dilute as it is ensures that it will be quickly taken up and utilized by the body.

It’s part of the “magic”!!! (grin)

what about adding some crystal light powder to the mix to change the flavor?

[quote]Tampa-Terry wrote:
Sean, you don’t want to mess around with the amount of water you’re adding. Surge needs to be DILUTE to be quickly assimilated. One scoop should be put in one liter of water and sipped during your workout.

The other scoop should be put in a SECOND liter of water and drunk immediately upon completing your workout. The fact that it is as dilute as it is ensures that it will be quickly taken up and utilized by the body.

It’s part of the “magic”!!! (grin)[/quote]

Agreed more water i use at the least 32oz and COLD!!!

Phill

I agree…I love Biotest, but the original Surge taste awful. That being said, im on to buy more product!

sugar or mix with lemonlime gatorade (tastes like lemon marange pie).

Seriously? I wish they made regular protein in that flavor (Angel Food Cake).

I ordered the raspberry when it came out and I thought THAT tasted horrible, but it was 30 bucks and I’ll be damn if my cheap ass is going to throw it out.

After a month of using it I was use to drinking it and it tasted okay.

Stick with the original for a while and see if it grows on you. NOTHING tastes like cold Surge.

You guys realize that adding sugar or kool-aid throws off the ratio of proteins to sugars right? It works because of that ratio, don’t mess around with it unless you want a less effective PWO feeding.

And I agree with mixing a half serving of raspberry and original flavor being delicious.

One tip is to make sure you aren’t foaming up your Surge and then drinking the foam.

Other than that, it’s great.

room temp water? thats the problem colder the water the better I’ve always used 20oz of water, 7 ounces of water? is very very little orignal flavor can taste kind of bad with room temp water but I ussaly drink it so quick I can’t taste it.