SPF Elite Total?

I’m doing beast of the bluegrass may 17th. Was wondering what an elite total would be at 198? Also wanted a depth check on my squat. This will be my first meet. Please give me some feedback. Looking to transition from strongman to powerlifting. I’m green

525 squat

700 deadlift

Squat looks a tad bit high, hard to tell from that angle tho.

1471 for Elite.

Squat looks a bit high from that angle as stated. Also I couldn’t tell if that deadlift was locked out all the way. Knees appeared to be soft lockout.

If you nail both of those that’s 1225, so a quick bench and you’ll hit elite.

how is 1471 elite lol

Squat was high and deadlift wasnt locked out but SPF might pass it anyway!

I’m doing that meet too, but I thought it was uspa…did the affiliation change?

Also, I hope your bench sucks so our totals will be similar :slight_smile:

[quote]PJS2010 wrote:
Squat was high and deadlift wasnt locked out but SPF might pass it anyway![/quote]

SPF does two meets a year in Kentucky. I did the one they had last April, and yea, if you stand it up it passes, basically.

[quote]PJS2010 wrote:
how is 1471 elite lol[/quote]

1471 is a elite total for 198 recognized by all feds.
220 is 1552
242 is 1601
275 is 1650 something

Thwse are not International Elite numbers as those numbers are usually 30-50lbs heavier.

[quote]jonalderson85 wrote:
I’m doing beast of the bluegrass may 17th. Was wondering what an elite total would be at 198? Also wanted a depth check on my squat. This will be my first meet. Please give me some feedback. Looking to transition from strongman to powerlifting. I’m green

525 squat

700 deadlift

Squat looks high but nothing TheAlderson can’t fix by the meet. The Pull is fine most likely just a matter of if you can pull 700 after Squats, Bench, and 8 hours of waiting.

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]PJS2010 wrote:
how is 1471 elite lol[/quote]

Thwse are not International Elite numbers as those numbers are usually 30-50lbs heavier.[/quote]

Is “International Elite” a category on some chart? because 1500 is not anywhere near elite at the international level at 200lbs.

I watched my squat video 50000 times trying to make myself believe hip crease was below knee lol…

Y’all sayin my knees weren’t locked on my pull right?

And it is uspa…

My bench form is god awful. No leg drive. I’m hoping for 350. I’ll get a video Saturday and see how many red lights I can get lol

ADAU is 1471…I belive USPA is 1558 & 1698

Your squat is high & you use to much effort during your set up. Stay in command, one step back with each foot should be all it takes. Additionally your hips appear to rise first out of the hole, be certain you’re getting all the air you can before you begin your decent, it helps.
The 700 was a great effort…would be a close call on the lock-out.
Best Of Luck!

I’m a strongman competitor so the flawless form is a learning experience!! I’m putting in my time squatting now trying to learn it. Monday I will have another squat video for review. Appreciate all the help

I think if you slowed your decent you would have much more control and better strength coming back up

check out Jamie Lewis’ chaosandpain.blogspot.com for an interesting take out just how badly the “elite” numbers have fallen from the 60’s and 70’s. It is called powerlifting is not a fun run…

Oh yea, look at all these guys walking around with elite numbers. I know like 10 of them in my gym alone. AND, I hear that there are another 10 in the gym down the road too.

198 should definitely be soooooo much higher than 1471.

[quote]trivium wrote:
Oh yea, look at all these guys walking around with elite numbers. I know like 10 of them in my gym alone. AND, I hear that there are another 10 in the gym down the road too.

198 should definitely be soooooo much higher than 1471.[/quote]

Maybe but most feds are off that number. Some have Elite Totals for wraps and classic. But 1471 unwrapped classic for 198 I think is decent. I mean 550/325/600 to standard belt only total is not something your average guy is going to do. I think you have to some what look at the population. Those are some big numbers if done to standard. But, I do agree they are some what low but none the less that’s what it is.

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]trivium wrote:

198 should definitely be soooooo much higher than 1471.[/quote]

Maybe but most feds are off that number. Some have Elite Totals for wraps and classic. But 1471 unwrapped classic for 198 I think is decent. I mean 550/325/600 to standard belt only total is not something your average guy is going to do. I think you have to some what look at the population. Those are some big numbers if done to standard. But, I do agree they are some what low but none the less that’s what it is.[/quote]

Remember the term here is “Elite”. Again, this total is a complete joke for anyone who is actually elite. Is 1471 at 198 a good total? ya any total an individual lifter is proud of is a “good” total. However, this total might not win your weight class at a competitive regional or state meet. In my opinion the Elite level would be top tier at worlds but in most cases a 1471 total wouldn’t get you there. Looking at the National level in the U.S, this total would put you 10th. Pretty much exactly mid pack.

The Russian Classifications are much more accurate with 1730 at 198 being elite.

I am agree with you guys… No reason a newb like me to be an elite lifter right out the gate… That being said, this is a goal not the final goal but still a goal.

[quote]Reed wrote:

Maybe but most feds are off that number. Some have Elite Totals for wraps and classic. But 1471 unwrapped classic for 198 I think is decent. I mean 550/325/600 to standard belt only total is not something your average guy is going to do. I think you have to some what look at the population. Those are some big numbers if done to standard. But, I do agree they are some what low but none the less that’s what it is.[/quote]

How on earth is “average guy can’t do it” equivalent to “Elite powerlifter?” You absolutely do not have to look at the general population. These are values that are supposed to put you in the ELITE (ie, a select group that is superior to the rest) category as compared to other lifters.

Sure, 550/325/600 is a decent total (better than my own shit total) that is much stronger than the average gym goer. However, that is absolutely not what should define the elite category of powerlifting.

EDIT: Not like these categories really matter anyway. You can have elite all you want and still show up to the meet and get rocked by someone who might actually deserve the elite category (or not even!)