SPF Alabama

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
sorry i found this late, where is abertville?

(i’m in t.town)

and SHIT man, you’re strong as fuck.[/quote]

Thanks man. Albertville’s up in Marshall county, a little southeast of Huntsville. I’m pretty sure I’ve met you through Brett before. You work at Jupiter, right?

[quote]Pipes06 wrote:
masonator wrote:
Don’t know if anyone else on T-Nation was there, but here is my meet report and a link:

I should have hit AT LEAST 1700, so not a good meet for me. I have handled 700 several times in training, but it wasn’t in the cards today. It was a useful experience though, as this was my first full meet that I didn’t bomb. At least I have a total now.
1600 total@ teen 220’s (SPF Fed Record)

Squat:
1-675, 3 whites
2-700, got out of groove
3-700, bar started rolling, spotters took
-left ~50lbs on platform here.

Bench:
1-425, threw into racks
2-425, threw into racks again
3-425, 3 whites
-left ~40lbs here.

Deads(pulled raw):
1-450, smoke.(opened low to ensure total)
2-500, smoke.
3-550, no go, got over the bar too much.
left ~50lbs here

Yo thats all good though, you posted a nasty ass total for a teen…I know it didnt go your way too much but your squat is just unrivaled dude. How did 2nd and 3rd compare? smoke show?
[/quote]

Thanks man! 2nd with 700 had a bad setup, so no groove whatsoever, almost got it but lost it at the top. 3rd was just fucked lol. Setup/form was locked, then bar started rolling on my back in the hole.

nice lifting… sick squat!

I’ll be doing an SPF meet in Tennessee in June.

Competing raw at 220 I’m would love to go 500/400/600, but I’m still 13 weeks out so I’ll see how my training goes. My long term goal is a 1500 pound total.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Competing raw at 220 I’m would love to go 500/400/600, but I’m still 13 weeks out so I’ll see how my training goes. My long term goal is a 1500 pound total.[/quote]

those are some good numbers to shoot for.

I’ll be doing the SPF Worlds in October and then they are having their first PRO all RAW meet November 15th. I’ll definitely be doing that one.

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:

Competing raw at 220 I’m would love to go 500/400/600, but I’m still 13 weeks out so I’ll see how my training goes. My long term goal is a 1500 pound total.

those are some good numbers to shoot for.

I’ll be doing the SPF Worlds in October and then they are having their first PRO all RAW meet November 15th. I’ll definitely be doing that one.
[/quote]

Awesome, I might see you there.

I’m bumping this instead of starting a new thread.

It seems we have a small contention of SPF lifters in the nation, and I’m wondering if anyone will be in Nashville for Nationals, May 23-24?

I’ll be there. I think Meat said he’d be there earlier in this thread, does that still stand? What about the rest of you?

I’m throwing around lifting raw. Been training for OCS, so don’t have a lot of time to concentrate on gear. I’ll probably be there either way.

[quote]mahwah wrote:
I’m bumping this instead of starting a new thread.

It seems we have a small contention of SPF lifters in the nation, and I’m wondering if anyone will be in Nashville for Nationals, May 23-24?

I’ll be there. I think Meat said he’d be there earlier in this thread, does that still stand? What about the rest of you?[/quote]

I live here, so I’ll be there. Not lifting though.

one of my training partners may lift in it to qualify for the Worlds. I’m already qualified for Worlds so i may just wait until october to compete.

who knows though… i might compete for shits and giggles.

one of my training partners may lift in it to qualify for the Worlds. I’m already qualified for Worlds so i may just wait until october to compete.

who knows though… i might compete for shits and giggles. [/quote]

Then I challenge you to a RAW lift-off!

HAHA, definitely just kidding. What are you lookin to hit at Worlds?

[quote]masonator wrote:
maraudermeat wrote:

HAHA, definitely just kidding. What are you lookin to hit at Worlds?[/quote]

somewhere around a 1800 total either in the 259 or 275 class. how about you?

masonator wrote:
maraudermeat wrote:

HAHA, definitely just kidding. What are you lookin to hit at Worlds?

somewhere around a 1800 total either in the 259 or 275 class. how about you?

[/quote]

At least 1450, Raw teen 220’s. Might just do Juniors or Open, because there’s usually only one or two other teen lifters.

[quote]masonator wrote:
Thanks guys!

and jerm, You should check out SWAT gym in Auburn if you want to get into the game. I know some plers who used to lift down there, so I know its at least pling friendly.[/quote]

I used to lift at SWAT. Who do you know that PL’s there?

I still live in Opelika

[quote]jakshafter wrote:
masonator wrote:
Thanks guys!

and jerm, You should check out SWAT gym in Auburn if you want to get into the game. I know some plers who used to lift down there, so I know its at least pling friendly.

I still live in Opelika[/quote]

Carter, a guy I train with every once in a while up in Huntsville. You know him?

[quote]masonator wrote:
jakshafter wrote:
masonator wrote:
Thanks guys!

and jerm, You should check out SWAT gym in Auburn if you want to get into the game. I know some plers who used to lift down there, so I know its at least pling friendly.

I still live in Opelika

Carter, a guy I train with every once in a while up in Huntsville. You know him?[/quote]

Nah, I used to train with a guy named Zac, which also happens to be my name. He was a strong man competitor though.

I used to go at 6am though. There was only 4 people i ever saw use the power rack there. Myself, my wife, zac, and some other dude i can’t remember his name he was huge and strong though. Possible i could have been carter but i don’t remember. I think he was pretty young like 19-21.

[quote]jakshafter wrote:
masonator wrote:
jakshafter wrote:
masonator wrote:
Thanks guys!

I still live in Opelika

Carter, a guy I train with every once in a while up in Huntsville. You know him?

Nah, I used to train with a guy named Zac, which also happens to be my name. He was a strong man competitor though.

I used to go at 6am though. There was only 4 people i ever saw use the power rack there. Myself, my wife, zac, and some other dude i can’t remember his name he was huge and strong though. Possible i could have been carter but i don’t remember. I think he was pretty young like 19-21.[/quote]

I don’t think that was him, unless it was a while back. Carter’s in his 30s right now. I know he used to train with Kaz down there, I believe at SWAT.

Alright, had my last workout today before the meet.

Training has gone smoothly, haven’t missed any lifts, looking to smash a few PR’s.

I’ll be headed towards Tennessee Thursday morning still having to cut off a little weight, can’t wait to shove my face on Friday!

We’re gonna be there through Monday, does anyone have any suggestions for a good time in Nashville?