T Nation

Speeding Up Recovery

I’ve been playing football the last two weekends and have been extremely saw for three days after each game (saw like its hard to get out of bed).

I’m in pretty good shape, workout consistently and encorporate cardio into my workout plans, but this is different - intense all out bursts, lateral movements, quick jerks, etc…basically using all the little muscles you don’t hit jogging…My question - anything I can do to quicken my recovery time?

thanks

Eat more and sleep more? Or were you expecting us to list a miracle supplement?

And where the hell are you from that you would use a term like “saw” for what you explained it to mean? I have never heard that before. Ever.

saw=sore i suppose

steroids or Surge, fish oil, and a healthy diet those are your options

[quote]ubl0 wrote:
saw=sore i suppose

steroids or Surge, fish oil, and a healthy diet those are your options [/quote]

I won’t agree with the steroids, but will with Flameout regularly and Surge post game. Go into the store and read up on them. This is of course provided your nutrition is good in the first place.

D

Saw=sore! Excellent. I love homophones.
And here’s a link to CT’s ‘7 Secrets to Rapid Recovery.’ Enjoy.

http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=05-015-training

If you keep playing every weekend, yule get used to it.

Surge

[quote]sportsfanatic wrote:
I’ve been playing football the last two weekends and have been extremely saw for three days after each game (saw like its hard to get out of bed).

I’m in pretty good shape, workout consistently and encorporate cardio into my workout plans, but this is different - intense all out bursts, lateral movements, quick jerks, etc…basically using all the little muscles you don’t hit jogging…My question - anything I can do to quicken my recovery time?

thanks[/quote]

I lift weights 4 times per week and play football once a week. When I started with my football games, I would get extremely sore, like you mentioned, in areas that wouldn’t get re-enforced [ I guess] with my lifting sessions, mainly the groin area and around the inside/outside of my knees.

I take glucosamine and fish oil to help with the beating of my joints from the heavy lifting, but what I found especially helpful for the other pains, is to thoroughly stretch and do warm up drills before every game, that pretty much took care of that problem.

Have fun!